Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow is the best QB for this team

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow is the best QB for this team

This case has been made before the game of course and the game actually showed and confirmed it. Sanchez will not take this team anywhere, he can't throw the ball downfield, which is kind of pointless when you have two elite deep threats like Holmes & Hill. Tebow stretches the field and we'll see a lot more bigplays at WR with him at QB. Sanchez struggles bigtime when he's under pressure. Which is not gonna change of course because this O-Line isn't gonna turn into a Pro Bowl type unit within a few games. Tebow however still makes bigplays with his legs and gets first downs when Sanchez would have been sacked and maybe even turned the ball over. Don't kid yourselfs thinking this O-Line is gonna get any better.

We still have 3 more games to evaluate these two but if those end the way the Bengals game ended there's no reason why Sanchez should be the starter in week 1 unless you want to see this team go 5-11...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you even manage to type with your hands so firmly wrapped around Tebow's penis?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How can you even manage to type with your hands so firmly wrapped around Tebow's penis?
    LMAO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, not taking the bait this time. Not doing it. Nope.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    ROFL

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has to be a joke. I almost stopped reading at Holmes and hill has elite deep threats. Holmes is a nice receiver, but he is not elite. Hill has yet to play a real down of football. Tebow has limited pocket presence and adds to a play breaking down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    This case has been made before the game of course and the game actually showed and confirmed it. Sanchez will not take this team anywhere, he can't throw the ball downfield, which is kind of pointless when you have two elite deep threats like Holmes & Hill. Tebow stretches the field and we'll see a lot more bigplays at WR with him at QB. Sanchez struggles bigtime when he's under pressure. Which is not gonna change of course because this O-Line isn't gonna turn into a Pro Bowl type unit within a few games. Tebow however still makes bigplays with his legs and gets first downs when Sanchez would have been sacked and maybe even turned the ball over. Don't kid yourselfs thinking this O-Line is gonna get any better.

We still have 3 more games to evaluate these two but if those end the way the Bengals game ended there's no reason why Sanchez should be the starter in week 1 unless you want to see this team go 5-11...
    Does the term one trick pony mean anything to you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I'm trying to be fair and give Tebow the benefit of the doubt but you are REALLY making me not want to.

BallHawk gon' BallHawk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Does the term one trick pony mean anything to you?
    Unlike Sanchez he actually HAS one trick to offer.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget about his hands wrapped around his penis, I think Tebow is fully inserted! In the time it took me to write this Tebow threw another interception.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Forget about his hands wrapped around his penis, I think Tebow is fully inserted! In the time it took me to write this Tebow threw another interception.
    Did Aaron Rodgers throw another one as well? Oh Phil Rivers ? Or Peyton Manning ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Doesn't Sanchez lead the league in INT's the last 3 seasons?

Oh wait. It's not his fault. The O-Line wasn't elite all 3 years. The receivers weren't as good as Jerry Rice and we didn't have Peterson at RB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    This has to be a joke. I almost stopped reading at Holmes and hill has elite deep threats. Holmes is a nice receiver, but he is not elite. Hill has yet to play a real down of football. Tebow has limited pocket presence and adds to a play breaking down.
    I never said Holmes is an elite receiver. I said elite deep threat. And that's what he was in Pittsburgh, that's what he can do. If you have a QB who can't throw it more than 15 yards with some velocity of course Holmes won't be considered an elite deep threat anymore, but that doesn't mean HE is the problem.

And Hill has burned Revis deep multiple times in camp, the last time somebody did that was about 2 years ago when he suffered a hamstring injury on a deep ball to Moss by Brady. Calvin Johnson couldn't even do that. Plus Hill also burned Cromartie a couple times deep. It's fair to say that given some opportunities he'll do that in the NFL as well at the highest level. You won't find a bigger/faster guy in the league. But with Sanchez at QB it'll be a waste, he can't get the ball downfield.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never said Holmes is an elite receiver. I said elite deep threat. And that's what he was in Pittsburgh, that's what he can do. If you have a QB who can't throw it more than 15 yards with some velocity of course Holmes won't be considered an elite deep threat anymore, but that doesn't mean HE is the problem.

And Hill has burned Revis deep multiple times in camp, the last time somebody did that was about 2 years ago when he suffered a hamstring injury on a deep ball to Moss by Brady. Calvin Johnson couldn't even do that. Plus Hill also burned Cromartie a couple times deep. It's fair to say that given some opportunities he'll do that in the NFL as well at the highest level. You won't find a bigger/faster guy in the league. But with Sanchez at QB it'll be a waste, he can't get the ball downfield.
    I actually made a very detailed post about Holmes as a deep receiver during the offseason.

Holmes has never been a legitimate deep threat. Mike Wallace had more 30+ air yard receptions in the 2010 season than Holmes has in his entire career. Holmes has only had one season in his career where he caught at least 2 passes with 30+ air yards. He's never caught more than one pass that travelled 40+ yards in the air in a single season.

Holmes has speed, but for whatever reason, hauling in long passes is not really part of his game. He's not even a good deep receiver, to call him "elite" is ridiculous.

He's still a very good receiver, but he's an underneath to intermediate guy. He takes 8 yard throws and turns them into 20 yard gains.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I actually made a very detailed post about Holmes as a deep receiver during the offseason.

Holmes has never been a legitimate deep threat. Mike Wallace had more 30+ air yard receptions in the 2010 season than Holmes has in his entire career. Holmes has only had one season in his career where he caught at least 2 passes with 30+ air yards. He's never caught more than one pass that travelled 40+ yards in the air in a single season.

Holmes has speed, but for whatever reason, hauling in long passes is not really part of his game. He's not even a good deep receiver, to call him "elite" is ridiculous.

He's still a very good receiver, but he's an underneath to intermediate guy. He takes 8 yard throws and turns them into 20 yard gains.
    This may be true but Holmes can still stretch the field, he can also play any of the 3 receiver positions.

Him & Kerley not playing is a big blow to the offense.

On another note, Mangold needs to whip the O-line into shape, him being gone all last week I don't think helped either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes has everything you need to stretch the field. The reason it doesn't happen is because our QB can't get the ball there not becaue Holmes can't do it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes has everything you need to stretch the field. The reason it doesn't happen is because our QB can't get the ball there not becaue Holmes can't do it.
    Then why didn't he do it in Pittsburgh, outside of that one year?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny cause Sanchez had no problems getting the ball down the field when Braylon Edwards was here......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow some of the regulars on here are complete douchebags. I noticed that the offense is more dynamic and full of energy when Tebow in the game.

But Sanchez and his 3 and out boring offense is a staple of this team and he has to stay the starter!

Tebow's morals are too offensive to NYers. I don't think he could start here.
    Last edited by Rangenius; 08-11-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: h

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is. Make it the 6th time I've posted this, whether it be here or on the draft forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Here we go again. What is this, the 5th time I've posted this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Receptions on passes thrown 30+ yards in the air (40+ yards in the air)

Holmes:

06: 0 (0)
    07: 5 (3)
    08: 2 (1)
    09: 2 (0)

10: 1 (0)
    11: 0 (0)

Wallace

09: 6 (5)
    10: 11 (6)
    11: 8 (5)

Edwards

09: Problem with stats page, only showing him with 14 catches for the year
    10: 4 (1)

Holmes has never been a deep receiver. He had one year where he caught 5 long passes. He has never caught more than 2 in any other year, a feat he accomplished twice. In addition to those 2 seasons, he has 2 others in which he caught 0, and another in which he caught 1.

Every year Wallace has caught more 40+ yarders than Holmes has in his entire career.

Santonio Holmes is not a deep threat. His big plays come as a result of YAC.