Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow is the best QB for this team

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Which previously banded Tebowite are you?
    Never been here before. I have been banned from TheGangGreen by a troll mod though, so I figured I'd try a different forum. Good day!

And I brought gifts...errr gifs
    Last edited by Whichfan; 08-12-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    don't ever recall anyone saying that Sanchez threw a great ball to the other team.
    I think Marky Mark the Messiah leads the league in interceptions the last 3 years. There must have been ONE well thrown interception.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Nice thread TeBallSawk, showing your true colors.

This is some of your funniest stuff yet.

I would have thought you would have waited until Tebow didn't play like sh*t before you started this self-aggrandizing inevitably epic Pfail thread--I'm sure you had a draft all ready to go with your finger hovering over the "Submit Reply" button right before Tebow threw that awfully horribly sh*tty INT, you probably thought twice about it then and said to yourself, "f*ck it, why not, I feel like I need some attention" and hit the button anyway.

Don't ever complain about a Sanchez INT ever again, you fraud.

What a joke.

_

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I think Marky Mark the Messiah leads the league in interceptions the last 3 years. There must have been ONE well thrown interception.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    No. That would be Eli Manning

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Good point, but in fairness it does look like the ball may have been hit at the LoS, That said, if it wasn't, it would have only made for an easier interception. And if it wasn't, then yeeesh.
    No, it was definitely not tipped at the LOS. It was a terrible throw. Anyone who tries to claim otherwise is not being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    No, it was definitely not tipped at the LOS. It was a terrible throw. Anyone who tries to claim otherwise is not being honest.
    Not sure why people are even worried about the interception. Tebow doesn't throw many picks.

That's his strongest part of the game. His int % is one of the best in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it was an honest mistake by Jetworks

unlike the hundreds of dishonest, fraudulent posts from daballsuck

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    No. That would be Eli Manning
    Boy was I off. So he's second.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    +1

I've actually heard people in this thread argue that the interception was a good pass. It was NOT..... it would have been short of Cumberland, had it not been picked. He also stared his receiver down and then threw late.
    If you are referring to me, I was talking about the "form" of the pass, i.e. that it was a nice spiral.

This is in reference to the different things that you have to look at with Tebow's passing. Something that I am looking for specifically is the "form". Is he spinning the ball nicely or is he throwing wounded ducks ? Is he on target and throwing the ball where he wants, or is he short hopping the throws, bouncing them in the dirt ? Or is he missing receivers by 5 yards >?

On that play, the "form" of the pass is actually pretty good. The decision to throw it and the placement of it are the problems.

It's the difference between looking at the mechanics and looking at the decision making. On that throw, the mechanics were fine, it was just a bad decision.

That make sense ?

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You're missing the point. His completion percentage may be impacted by the pass mix, but it's negligligible. He was awful on the intermediate throws, which amounted to a higher percentage of his throws.

Tebow MUST improve his completion percentage. To claim that he was 47% last year just because of the deep throws is completely untrue. He sucked on those throws too, just like he did on the other distances except behind the line of scrimmage.
    I agree that he needs to get much better on the intermediate throws between 1-10 yards, but it's absolutely true that his overall comp% would have increased simply by changing his passing mix and making it more in line with other QBs.

Hell, John Elway even acknowledged this when he said that throwing down field more often leads to a lower comp %. Its just a fact that you can't ignore. Here, we can go the extreme and demonstrate it. On passes from 1-10 yards from the Los, Tebow's comp% was 57.4 %. Not that good, but it's better than 47% by 10% pts. On passes from behind the LoS, he was 75%.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    If you are referring to me, I was talking about the "form" of the pass, i.e. that it was a nice spiral.

Yes, that interception was a PERFECT spiral.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree

Tebo throws some of the best spiraled interceptions in the NFL

Also very good at long wild slowly thrown things that land nowhere near anyone

Our fullback/punt protector is NOT an NFL QB and NEVER will be one. Snap him ball and let him run but fine him thousands every time he tries to throw a ball anywhere

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Yes, that interception was a PERFECT spiral.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I agree

Our fullback/punt protector is NOT an NFL QB and NEVER will be one. Snap him ball and let him run but fine him thousands every time he tries to throw a ball anywhere
    If he perfects the spiraled interception, he can hope to lead the leaugue in his first 3 years in the league juuuuuuuust like the 'Chise.

I agree

I hate to break out facts but....

...but really, at 2.0 TD per turnover, this is the LAST thing anyone should worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post

...but really, at 2.0 TD per turnover, this is the LAST thing anyone should worry about.
    yeah fortunately timmy's balls are so inaccurate that they usually miss the intended DB by a mile

the LB made a pretty nice catch for the pick

the real problem is that our Fullback stared down the receiver and then threw the ball nowhere near the receiver --- reminded me of the pass a previous Jet running back (Leon Johnson) years ago that was nowhere near any receiver but the cornerback

good runner though
    This is true ... Problem is ... Our QB might be worse than our Fullback ....

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    yeah fortunately timmy's balls are so inaccurate that they usually miss the intended DB by a mile
    And why does that matter when he has been averaging 2 touchdowns per turnover?

You care about gaining passing yards or points? Who cares how ugly or pretty the road to the endzone is, as long as you get there more times than the other team.

And why does that matter when he has been averaging 2 touchdowns per turnover?

You care about gaining passing yards or points? Who cares how ugly or pretty the road to the endzone is, as long as you get there more times than the other team.
    QB accuracy is overrated. welcome to the world of tebowmania. excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    QB accuracy is overrated. welcome to the world of tebowmania. excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick
    As a matter of fact it is. Yards and completion % are nowhere near as important as touchdowns vs turnovers...something that appears to be an afterthought in football, when it shouldn't be.

Football is not different than any other sport. Points and turnovers matters. Not yards and completion %. These are secondary stats, which blind most fans from whats really important in the game. But it makes Vegas a lot of money so hey...carry on.

As a matter of fact it is. Yards and completion % are nowhere near as important as touchdowns vs turnovers...something that appears to be an afterthought in football, when it shouldn't be.

Football is not different than any other sport. Points and turnovers matters. Not yards and completion %. These are secondary stats, which blind most fans from whats really important in the game. But it makes Vegas a lot of money so hey...carry on.
    you said you were banned from theganggreen for being a troll right? hmmm maybe I'll check it out... sounds like a nice place