Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow is the best QB for this team

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how this thread progresses. Some potential here.
    Its the same s**t different day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    This case has been made before the game of course and the game actually showed and confirmed it.
    The game "actually showed and confirmed it"?

4-8 (50%) for 27 yds, 0 TDs and 1 INT for a 18 QBR.

That's a "confirmation" he should be the starter?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

Nice, leave out the drive killing 10 yard drop by Hill and the 34 yards rushing...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Nice, leave out the drive killing 10 yard drop by Hill and the 34 yards rushing...
    I was thinking the same thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why won't this stop!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Why won't this stop!
    Because the offense looks like the same ****ty one as last year with Sanchez at the helm...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And White had a drive killing 3rd down drop as well for another QB. That's football.

And the 34 yards rushing? That miraculously transforms an 18 QBR rating into what exactly?

We're judging QBs on running ability now? Forget that they can't pass. It's that they run that counts. BRILLIANT!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how the Marky Mark fanboys suddenly value stats again. When you bring up the fact that Tebow has a higher career QB rating than Sanchez the numbers suddenly don't matter again. Too cute.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And White had a drive killing 3rd down drop as well for another QB. That's football.

And the 34 yards rushing? That miraculously transforms an 18 QBR rating into what exactly?
    How does a Revis pick 6 change Sanchez' QB rating? What does one thing have to do with the other? What are you even talking about? One more bad performance by Sanchez and I can see some of his fanboys go nuts and crash their computers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does a Revis pick 6 change Sanchez' QB rating? What does one thing have to do with the other? What are you even talking about? One more bad performance by Sanchez and I can see some of his fanboys go nuts and crash their computers.
    WTF? Jordan White dropped a 3rd down conversion of Sanchez. That's what I was referring to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny how the Marky Mark fanboys suddenly value stats again. When you bring up the fact that Tebow has a higher career QB rating than Sanchez the numbers suddenly don't matter again. Too cute.
    You're a blatant Tim Tebow fanboy, so what difference does it makes? And that 75.1 "career" QB rating is astronomically better than Sanchez' 73.2. Awesome!

Yes, production matters and Tebow's was poor last night outside his runs.
    Last edited by SMC; 08-11-2012 at 10:16 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How can you even manage to type with your hands so firmly wrapped around Tebow's penis?

I was just gearing up to read this whole thread and lost it hard... Well done, sir.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF? Jordan White dropped a 3rd down conversion of Sanchez. That's what I was referring to.
    And I'm referring to the fact that you for some odd reason think that there's a difference whether you run or throw for 10 yards.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

We're judging QBs on running ability now? Forget that they can't pass. It's that they run that counts. BRILLIANT!
    This is laughable. Calling out a 18 qbr on 8 throws???
    This is no better than me saying Sanchez only threw for 21 yards last night!!!

Pure silliness.

This is the nfl, a yard is a yard. We do take into account rushing yards even if it comes from the QB position. I dont see anyone discounting Cam Newton's 14 rushing td's last season, or Vick's ability to run...

Part of the game, even if you hate Tebow, you can't judge him on throwing alone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're a blatant Tim Tebow fanboy, so what difference does it makes? And that 75.1 "career" QB rating is astronomically better than Sanchez' 73.2. Awesome!

Yes, production matters and Tebow's was poor last night outside his runs.
    Nobody said it's astronomically better, but it's better.

And outside of Sanchez' completions he would have been 0-6 for 0 yards. Way to manipulate the numbers again. Running is part of Tebow's style, it doesn't happen by accident. He rushed for 700 yards last season. That's part of what he brings to the table and you can count on a lot of first downs and even touchdowns when he takes off. That's another thing Sanchez doesn't offer. In fact, with pressure he'll be walking backwards and lose yardage. Just look at what happened yesterday. 21 passing yards - 16 yards on sacks + 4 rushing yards. That's a pathetic total yards on offense of nine. Nine. He accounted for nine yards the entire time he was on the field, if you combine everything that happened out there with him at QB, you get n-i-n-e yards. Not sure what else needs to be said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You make me want to punch babies...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Pure silliness.

This is the nfl, a yard is a yard. We do take into account rushing yards even if it comes from the QB position. I dont see anyone discounting Cam Newton's 14 rushing td's last season, or Vick's ability to run...

Part of the game, even if you hate Tebow, you can't judge him on throwing alone.
    It's a preseason game. You are supposed to be working on your game, not trying to just gain yards. If his game is FB then he did well, but we already knew he was a good fullback. You guys just never learn. Why do you insist on proving your ignorance over and over?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I'm referring to the fact that you for some odd reason think that there's a difference whether you run or throw for 10 yards.
    He wants to play QB, and apparently you want him too as well. If you don't understand the difference between rushing yards, and passing yards then there's really no hope for you. Why not just have McKnight be the starting QB? He played better than Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Pure silliness.

That's cool. As long as we know that rushing stats are just as important as passing stats for NFL QBs.

Sanchez had 6 rushing TDs last year, just as many as Tebow. Good to know that you include that with Sanchez's 26 passing TDs last year.

Just want to be clear on all this.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The OP is right, for the wrong reason.

Tebow is the right QB becasue the Jets need someone who can run for their life when the line breaks down after two seconds like it usually does.

They ignored the line and to think it will improve because of Tony Sparano's genius is just fantasy.

Tebow is still a crap shoot when he looks to throw, but with this o-line whe need a QB who can run and take a hit.

Can't win a championship like that but babe steal a few more games.