Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow is the best QB for this team

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If the Jets want to run the ball 85% and pass 15% of their plays then you are correct..

Otherwise please stop posting this crap

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    No, that's the idea you have in your head, and because you want your boy Marky Mark to keep the job. The idea is to put the guy out there that gives us the best chance to win. And at this point in my opinion it's Tebow, based on his style, based on what our team is about. Playing tough defense, run the ball, and stretch the field.
    At this point? It's the first game of the preseason troll. Winning is meaningless. Talk to me after the 3rd preseason game about who gives us the best chance to win...but you won't wait because you're in love. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we all know what you be holding.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    No, it's about not gaining any yards and going 3 and out, genius.
    Are you INSANE with this post and others that you have made like it!!!!

You do know that.....

TEBOW LED THE LEAGUE IN 3 AND OUTS!!!!

And not Sanchez no matter how many times you type and imply it!!!!

Genius!!!

Good Grief!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    At least that's something that can be learned from. What in the world are we going to learn from a QB scramble in a preseason game? Thanks for the compliment by the way, but you don't have to be a genius to realize that a QB has to be able to throw the ball.
    If Tebow needs to use his legs to sustain drives and get more opportunities to take snaps that help develop him as both a runner and thrower, how is that a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Not by a sub 50% passer. Not by any stretch of imagination.

It's your unadulturated Tebow love that ignores that glaring stat. Tebow HAS TO improve his completion percentage over 60% if his "playing style" will be the best for the team as a starter.

Tebow had a career 67% completetion percentage at UF running the spread option. That's why the system worked. It wouldve been a disaster with a sub 50% passer.

Because of the limited number of passing attempts, Tebow MUST be more accurate.

Please tell me you at least agree with that point. Or do you think Tebow at sub 50% is just fine?
    Like I said, Tebow throws the ball downfield more than anybody else in the league and it's not even close. Over 21% of his passes are downfield. Big Ben is at 13%, Vick at 18%. So I don't understand why people are shocked that he doesn't have a 90% completion percentage. If Sanchez had a good reason why his completion percentage was/is so low I wouldn't even worry about it, but he doesn't. He doesn't stretch the field, he's mostly throwing short passes, and you can't have a 50% completion percentage if you do that. The number should be around 65%-70%.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Not by a sub 50% passer. Not by any stretch of imagination.

It's your unadulturated Tebow love that ignores that glaring stat. Tebow HAS TO improve his completion percentage over 60% if his "playing style" will be the best for the team as a starter.

Tebow had a career 67% completetion percentage at UF running the spread option. That's why the system worked. It wouldve been a disaster with a sub 50% passer.

Because of the limited number of passing attempts, Tebow MUST be more accurate.

Please tell me you at least agree with that point. Or do you think Tebow at sub 50% is just fine?
    If you're only going to throw 10 passes a game then your completion percentage should be closer to 80% with 9 guys in the box.

All League
    If Tebow eventually becomes the starter the season is over

...but god damn it be a hilarious thing to watch

Jets Insider VIP
    Like I said, Tebow throws the ball downfield more than anybody else in the league and it's not even close. Over 21% of his passes are downfield. Big Ben is at 13%, Vick at 18%. So I don't understand why people are shocked that he doesn't have a 90% completion percentage. If Sanchez had a good reason why his completion percentage was/is so low I wouldn't even worry about it, but he doesn't. He doesn't stretch the field, he's mostly throwing short passes, and you can't have a 50% completion percentage if you do that. The number should be around 65%-70%.
    If that is the case, why was Tebow a 70% passer in college when there too he was throwing so many deep balls?

It's not simply the bombs that are the problem and you know it. It's mechanical and he must improve his accuracy.

As to Sanchez and the deep ball, you're talking nonsense. Pleas stop. When Sanchez had Braylon 2 yrs ago he was top 5 in deep passes thrown and completed. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Are you INSANE with this post and others that you have made like it!!!!

You do know that.....

TEBOW LED THE LEAGUE IN 3 AND OUTS!!!!

And not Sanchez no matter how many times you type and imply it!!!!

Genius!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    Nice taking things out context. Taking one argument from a series of posts on what is important in preseason and applying it to something entirely different.

Good grief indeed!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    What I saw was that #1 he was pretty accurate. #2 Tebow and Hill have a nice thing going, I don't see that rapport between Hill and Sanchez and I don't think Sanchez has the arm to make use of Hill's speed. #3 Is that our O-Line will at best be average or maybe slightly above average again in terms of pass protection. In that case I don't want Sanchez out there. You see what happens, he gets sacked. And if he does get rid of the ball it's a short completion or an incompletion. Not interested. Tebow can stretch the field, he throws the ball downfield more than anyone else in the league, he can run, and he can throw those short slants as well, we've seen him connect with Hill a couple of times, and Powell (or McKnight) as well. He just has way more to offer and he gives us a better opportunity to make bigplays.
    Tebow's first completion was thrown high to Hill in which Hill made a great grab....it was thrown HIGH to a 6'4" WR on a slant route. Another of his "completions" was to a Bengal.

Sanchez did not look great either, but he also demonstrated an ability to scramble after making a good decision not to throw to covered WRs. Sanchez ran for a first down (which is something that some people think only Tim Tebow can do ).

Sir Richard's post was spot on....these are two imperfect QBs who compliment each other. Sanchez happens to be the closest to a conventional passer who has the ability to win a game with his arm and his decision making. Tebow has won games with his feet, gimmicks, and pure power of will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUY6sd3DJOU

I'm not anti-Tebow. I like him, I want to see him with the ball in his hands in various capacities (Wild Cat, some goal line, fake punt, etc.) 10 to 12 times per game, but he is NOT the best Quarterback for the Jets. He's a better version of Brad Smith IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If you're only going to throw 10 passes a game then your completion percentage should be closer to 80% with 9 guys in the box.
    If your are going to spout this stuff, then call it from both sides.
    Sanchez routinely faced the same sort 8 man fronts and also struggled with his completion percentages.

Ray Lewis said it best, our goal was to force Sanchez to do something he's not comfortable doing, you know... throw the ball.

you cant win vs Tebowites. and he cant win vs NE. Or the Bills or the Saints or Detroit or any team that can score. VY#2

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How can you even manage to type with your hands so firmly wrapped around Tebow's penis?
    Can't believe there was even another post after this. This was /thread gold!

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Tebow's first completion was thrown high to Hill in which Hill made a great grab....it was thrown HIGH to a 6'4" WR on a slant route. Another of his "completions" was to a Bengal.
    Why do you always have to put a negative spin on anything Tebow does? The ball was thrown to a spot where only Hill could get it. Why do you complain about that. It was thrown in traffic, Hill had a corner on him and a safety immediately tackled him as soon as he touched the ball. It was a great throw. Had he thrown it low the safety or the corner could have made a pick there. And the interception itself was a great throw, very accurate, a dart. It's one of those throws you just want to have back as a QB, this happens to everybody. He made a bad decision and didn't see the linebacker there, and the linebacker also made a great play. That stuff can be fixed easily by just looking at the film, being more experienced and reading defenses. He's young, had this happened to Sanchez or any other young QB nobody would have killed him for a mistake like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    god forbid mark gets injured and we are forced to put Saint Inadequate in at QB

but it will at least be hilarious to watch him stumble, bumble, fumble and Bubby Brister the Jets to a season that will rival the Kotite era

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    god forbid mark gets injured and we are forced to put Saint Inadequate in at QB

but it will at least be hilarious to watch him stumble, bumble, fumble and Bubby Brister the Jets to a season that will rival the Kotite era
    We went through that last season already with Sanchez...

But good to know that you're gonna be rooting against the Jets if Sanchez fails. Maybe you should ask yourself why you get banned everywhere.

Why do you always have to put a negative spin on anything Tebow does? The ball was thrown to a spot where only Hill could get it. Why do you complain about that. It was thrown in traffic, Hill had a corner on him and a safety immediately tackled him as soon as he touched the ball. It was a great throw. Had he thrown it low the safety or the corner could have made a pick there. And the interception itself was a great throw, very accurate, a dart. It's one of those throws you just want to have back as a QB, this happens to everybody. He made a bad decision and didn't see the linebacker there, and the linebacker also made a great play. That stuff can be fixed easily by just looking at the film, being more experienced and reading defenses. He's young, had this happened to Sanchez or any other young QB nobody would have killed him for a mistake like that.
    Nobody is killing him. Its just your giving him undue credit for a simple completion (slant/quick post). He's a NFL QB he SHOULD make high school throws. Not bad but not impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Sanchez did not look great either, but he also demonstrated an ability to scramble after making a good decision not to throw to covered WRs. Sanchez ran for a first down (which is something that some people think only Tim Tebow can do ).

Sir Richard's post was spot on....these are two imperfect QBs who compliment each other. Sanchez happens to be the closest to a conventional passer who has the ability to win a game with his arm and his decision making. Tebow has won games with his feet, gimmicks, and pure power of will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUY6sd3DJOU

I'm not anti-Tebow. I like him, I want to see him with the ball in his hands in various capacities (Wild Cat, some goal line, fake punt, etc.) 10 to 12 times per game, but he is NOT the best Quarterback for the Jets. He's a better version of Brad Smith IMO.
    Well said. Agree with much of what you said, good post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    you cant win vs Tebowites. and he cant win vs NE. Or the Bills or the Saints or Detroit or any team that can score. VY#2
    I refer to them as Tebonians. Kinda like Beiber fans and LadyGaGa's little monsters. (-;

If anyone was actually watching, you would of noticed that #6 ran the ball in for a 1st down too. It was a mixed bag of plays last nite & Tebow is a fun trick pony for the first 5 minutes, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    The OP is right, for the wrong reason.

Tebow is the right QB becasue the Jets need someone who can run for their life when the line breaks down after two seconds like it usually does.

They ignored the line and to think it will improve because of Tony Sparano's genius is just fantasy.

Tebow is still a crap shoot when he looks to throw, but with this o-line whe need a QB who can run and take a hit.

Can't win a championship like that but babe steal a few more games.
    +1

The only post I agree with in this thread. Was thinking that during the game - Tebow IS a better fit for this team. Because we're talking about a team with an OL that doesn't run block or pass block very well, and doesn't have any receivers that can get open in less than 4 seconds.

If that's the roster you gave me, I'd want to start my fullback at QB also.