Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez ... Throwing Downfield

he plays like a little girl.............

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Has he COMPLETELY lost the ability to throw the ball more than 15 yds. downfield??

Time will tell ... Sad performance in the 1st quarter ... Looked like more of the same from last year. On third down .. Throwing short of the sticks.
    like he is afraid to be hit. he crumbles to the ground at the slightess bit of pressure. when tebow got in the same situation he took off.

Did u see tannehill's nos?

Tannehill finished the game 14-of-21 passing for 167 yards and one touchdown for a 106.6 rating
    Sanchez threw the ball 6 times, his 2 incompletions were a dropped first down throw and a throw away. Just sayin.

All Pro
    Has he COMPLETELY lost the ability to throw the ball more than 15 yds. downfield??

Time will tell ... Sad performance in the 1st quarter ... Looked like more of the same from last year. On third down .. Throwing short of the sticks.
    He has.....Its called only having two seconds every play because he is getting killed by his offensive line.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    If Sanchez did his job Rex never would have had to go out there and bring in somebody to push him. But as with all Marky Mark the Messiah fanboys, it's always everyone elses fault. MMM could have been the best QB in NFL history if the Jets put the best players in history around him. But obviously everybody wants Sanchez to fail. The coaching staff, the front office, heck, even his linemen. They don't block people so that MMM gets sacked because they can't take how good he could be if they actually blocked their guys.

Tebow did show the world that he is the better RB out there. Good for you. That's what you wanted isn't it? He didn't take his shirt off though. You must have been very disappointed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Mebbe MArvin Lewis asked Rex to have Mark throw only 14 yards.

-

Did u see tannehill's nos?

Tannehill finished the game 14-of-21 passing for 167 yards and one touchdown for a 106.6 rating
    Really? This is a reach of epic proportion to bash Sanchez. Comparing a rookie whom the team wants to showcase to sell tickets against the other teams 3rd and 4th team players, to Sanchez against a 1st string d with no game plan.

Yeah, I see the similarities.

Practice Squad
    OMG, those of you that saw what I saw congratulations those of you that still believe Sanchez can get it done , well it is going to be a long season for you. Within 5 minutes of that game I saw all I needed to see. I saw a poor offensive line (that will stay for the entire year) and the same QB that takes 7 step drops and either dumps off, can't find a receiver or takes the sack.

Tebow on the other hand thrives in that situation. Line breaks down, Tebow improvises and creates plays. That may be him running for a first or finding a wide open receiver downfield because the LB's stay in to protect against his scrambling. This has been Tebow's MO.

When Tebow came in the game changed immediately. It got exciting and there was hope. Look, we all know about Tebow's mechanics and wobbly passes, but he creates plays, and because of his running ability the LB's and sometimes DB's must stay home thus creating wide open WR's. We've ALL seen this happen.

No doubt, when we open the season at 1-3 (very strong possibility), Tebow will be the starting QB against Houston. I for one will welcome the change.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Apples and oranges.

Tannehill has the best O-Line in front of him, the best coaching staff and the best receivers in the NFL. Sanchez could have thrown 20 touchdowns in that game. At least.
    I don't care what the reasons are.

I was being sarcastic but never mind...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Demosthenes,

DaBallHawk has given me a newfound appreciation for you. I'm sorry for any disparaging remarks I made as recently as a few days ago.
    Lol +1. Never new how bad it could be that posters make demon look level headed.