Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Sanchez ... Throwing Downfield

  1. #1

    Sanchez ... Throwing Downfield

    Has he COMPLETELY lost the ability to throw the ball more than 15 yds. downfield??

    Time will tell ... Sad performance in the 1st quarter ... Looked like more of the same from last year. On third down .. Throwing short of the sticks.

  2. #2
    No, I just think the playcalling was very conservative and vanilla. I think Sparano will be having Mark take more shots downfield once the regular season starts.

  3. #3
    Sparano said it would be very vanilla. I stepped off the ledge.

  4. #4
    Even Rex said it during a sideline interview right before the game. It's the preseason; no one is going to be going hard or actually plan.

  5. #5
    Ok ... I'll come in off the ledge as well ... But he also seemed to lack the ability to recognize the blitz. See the second sack for an example.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Even Rex said it during a sideline interview right before the game. It's the preseason; no one is going to be going hard or actually plan.
    Sanchez has been playing like that for 3 straight years...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sanchez has been playing like that for 3 straight years...
    Worst poster of the yea-wait, all time, goes to DaTebowNutHugger.

    "This message is hidden because DaBallhawk is on your ignore list."

    Much better.

  8. #8
    Truth hurts, doesn't it...

  9. #9
    Hawk is honestly the worst part about the Tebow trade. See, Demos even made me ok with Tebow being here earlier. But, Hawk just ruins everything.
    Last edited by McGinley; 08-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.

  10. #10
    Did u see tannehill's nos?

    Tannehill finished the game 14-of-21 passing for 167 yards and one touchdown for a 106.6 rating

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Hawk is honestly the worst part about the Tebow trade. See, Demos even made me ok with Tebow being here earlier. But, Hawk just ruins everything.
    If Sanchez did his job Rex never would have had to go out there and bring in somebody to push him. But as with all Marky Mark the Messiah fanboys, it's always everyone elses fault. MMM could have been the best QB in NFL history if the Jets put the best players in history around him. But obviously everybody wants Sanchez to fail. The coaching staff, the front office, heck, even his linemen. They don't block people so that MMM gets sacked because they can't take how good he could be if they actually blocked their guys.


  12. #12
    Sanchez's coaches spent years trying to get him to stop forcing the ball downfield, with no success. It was seen as his biggest weakness all the way through his recruitment out of high school and his college career. It continued to be a problem during his rookie year.

    But after 3 years of Schotty/Cavanaugh, there are now people that see him as a guy afraid to take shots down the field. Every player has their own natural tendencies. It would take very little encouragement to get Sanchez to start throwing downfield again. But Rex thinks it is more important to avoid turnovers than to put points on the board.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Did u see tannehill's nos?

    Tannehill finished the game 14-of-21 passing for 167 yards and one touchdown for a 106.6 rating
    Could you imagine if Tannehill actually ends up being a legit Franchise QB? 3rd place in the AFC East, here we come...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Did u see tannehill's nos?

    Tannehill finished the game 14-of-21 passing for 167 yards and one touchdown for a 106.6 rating
    Apples and oranges.

    Tannehill has the best O-Line in front of him, the best coaching staff and the best receivers in the NFL. Sanchez could have thrown 20 touchdowns in that game. At least.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Has he COMPLETELY lost the ability to throw the ball more than 15 yds. downfield??

    Time will tell ... Sad performance in the 1st quarter ... Looked like more of the same from last year. On third down .. Throwing short of the sticks.
    ABSURD.

    He executed the plays that were called. That's all you can ask of him. I also thought he looked pretty good doing it. Threaded the needle once during that completion to Patrick Turner, impressive. Got sacked a couple times and got right back up and kept playing well.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No, I just think the playcalling was very conservative and vanilla. I think Sparano will be having Mark take more shots downfield once the regular season starts.
    For sure. Play action then dial one deep.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Ok ... I'll come in off the ledge as well ... But he also seemed to lack the ability to recognize the blitz. See the second sack for an example.
    Cincy rushed 5 guys and the Jets had 6 blockers. Cumberland got beat on the outside, Sanchez stepped up and got sacked by an LB coming on a delayed blitz. Not real sure what you think Sanchez should have done.

  18. #18
    IT'S PRESEASON!! HOLY SHlT!!!

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,163
    After watching arguably the worst thrown interception in NFL history by our running fullback/punt protector last night, it is clear to all that he cannot nor will not ever be a capable passing QB

    Good fullback though
    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Cincy rushed 5 guys and the Jets had 6 blockers. Cumberland got beat on the outside, Sanchez stepped up and got sacked by an LB coming on a delayed blitz. Not real sure what you think Sanchez should have done.
    Demosthenes,

    DaBallHawk has given me a newfound appreciation for you. I'm sorry for any disparaging remarks I made as recently as a few days ago.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us