Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Apparently Eric Smith got hurt.....

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597

    Post Apparently Eric Smith got hurt.....

    Jets S Eric Smith left Friday's preseason opener with a left knee injury.
    Playing on the Jets' punt team, Smith's knee twisted in ugly fashion in the second quarter, but he did limp off the field under his own power. Per ESPN New York's Rich Cimini, his knee was "heavily wrapped" on the sideline. We should know more before the end of the weekend.

    per rotoworld.....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-11-2012 at 05:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Hopefully he's o.k, because we end up needing his experience more than anything, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Antonio Allen take lots of playing time away from Smith regardless of Smith's health status. He does add depth to our safety position provided both Bell and Landry stay healthy, so it's important that he's not out for an extended amount of time.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaBayJet View Post
    Hopefully he's o.k, because we end up needing his experience more than anything, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Antonio Allen take lots of playing time away from Smith regardless of Smith's health status. He does add depth to our safety position provided both Bell and Landry stay healthy, so it's important that he's not out for an extended amount of time.
    Agreed, I just didn't hear any mention of the injury prior to now.....

  4. #4
    Uh... Yeah, we all saw that.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Uh... Yeah, we all saw that.
    Well see this....

    The New York Daily News reports Jets S Eric Smith is dealing with a left MCL injury, and is out for the rest of the preseason.

    Smith suffered knee and hip injuries in Friday's preseason opener, but an MRI of his hip revealed no structural damage. Per beat writer Manish Mehta, the Jets are "hoping" Smith will be ready for Week 1. It's a big concern for the Jets, who are easing in the fragile LaRon Landry at strong safety. Smith made 14 starts a season ago, but is expected to rotate snaps with Yeremiah Bell. Had Smith's injury occurred a week ago, the Jets may have explored a reunion with Jim Leonhard, who signed with the Broncos last Saturday.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-12-2012 at 04:58 AM.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    This message is hidden because AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite is on your ignore list.

  8. #8
    Is JI on tape delay like the Olympics?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Is JI on tape delay like the Olympics?
    Actually if you look at the original post, this thread was started before it was mentioned anywhere else on this board.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Actually if you look at the original post, this thread was started before it was mentioned anywhere else on this board.
    Who cares when it was posted prior/after/etc., ARod. You're posting something relevant that could affect the team if Smith and Landry both can't play. The rookies may get significant playing time with the 1st team now.

    Fan Bell play both safety positions?

    People focus on the wrong things in threads. Mini-moderating is awful on JI.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who cares when it was posted prior/after/etc., ARod. You're posting something relevant that could affect the team if Smith and Landry both can't play. The rookies may get significant playing time with the 1st team now.

    Fan Bell play both safety positions?

    People focus on the wrong things in threads. Mini-moderating is awful on JI.
    Very true John, unfortunately there are always the handful of posters around here that aren't content unless they are knit-picking at people or complaining about something.

    I am actually hoping that the positive here, is that Josh Bush, Antonio Allen & D'anton Lynn will see alot more snaps then they would have otherwise.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-12-2012 at 09:19 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Very true John, unfortunately there are always the handful of posters around here that aren't content unless they are knit-picking at people or complaining about something.

    I am actually hoping that the positive here, is that Josh Bush & Antonio Allen will see alot more snaps then they would have otherwise.
    If one of them can turn out to be decent, it's an early Christmas Miracle.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If one of them can turn out to be decent, it's an early Christmas Miracle.
    Well, let's hope my friend....

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Bumping this one so we can lock the other nonsense thread.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I am actually hoping that the positive here, is that Josh Bush, Antonio Allen & D'anton Lynn will see alot more snaps then they would have otherwise.
    I think this is a very good point. I don't want to see any players hurt, but Smith going down might be a blessing in disguise.

    He obviously isn't a good, starting quality safety. So his absence forces the younger guys into action... and for better or worse, the Jets will get to see what they have.

    Antonio Allen has a lot of potential as a SS and I'd love to see him earn more PT.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,470
    I'm just now watching the bengals game and just saw the injury. And apologies if this was mentioned before - but why the hell is smith playing special teams in the first preseason game after every starter has been pulled?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us