Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Still average team at best

  1. #1

    Still average team at best

    "If we don't make moves to pick up some OL help, looking at 8-8 tops. We have to be able to block to run the ball, and we were an open door to the backs. Line did NOT get push, watch the line again." -SCITSCAT

    "It's absolutely amazing that one of the biggest problems from last season, a problem that even the most casual uninformed fan knows about, still does not seem to have been fixed." -Jets Stream


    Don't give me the new offense excuse. When it's time to block for a pass there isn't any damn difference and right now this offensive line is average at best. I'm not sure what's going with Dbrick but either he is hurt or has no motivation to retail talent = to his contract.

    The teams to beat in the division are going to be the Bellacheat Pats and the Bills which have upgraded their team substantially. I don't want the Jets to just beat the Pats I want them to humble them cause I am sick of hearing about Brady and having so many people stick their noses up Krafts ass.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    "If we don't make moves to pick up some OL help, looking at 8-8 tops. We have to be able to block to run the ball, and we were an open door to the backs. Line did NOT get push, watch the line again." -SCITSCAT

    "It's absolutely amazing that one of the biggest problems from last season, a problem that even the most casual uninformed fan knows about, still does not seem to have been fixed." -Jets Stream


    Don't give me the new offense excuse. When it's time to block for a pass there isn't any damn difference and right now this offensive line is average at best. I'm not sure what's going with Dbrick but either he is hurt or has no motivation to retail talent = to his contract.

    The teams to beat in the division are going to be the Bellacheat Pats and the Bills which have upgraded their team substantially. I don't want the Jets to just beat the Pats I want them to humble them cause I am sick of hearing about Brady and having so many people stick their noses up Krafts ass.

    Then you are going to be very disappointed. Until Brady or Belichick retires, the Pats are going to own the division. If you start with that expectation, then the thinking will become easier.

  3. #3
    we are going to keep looking up at the pats for the net 5-6 yrs. brady barely gets touched except when he plays the giants. and we have no O to compete againt them. until brady and belichick are gone, the pats will continue to control the afc east

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    we are going to keep looking up at the pats for the net 5-6 yrs. brady barely gets touched except when he plays the giants. and we have no O to compete againt them. until brady and belichick are gone, the pats will continue to control the afc east
    Not 5-6. Maybe 3-4.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,235
    Always was average.

  6. #6
    I'm not going to really agree or disagree based off of 1 preseason game, however I think it's interesting to note that the Bengals were thought to be one of the worst teams in the league heading into last year (and preseason did nothing to dispel that).

  7. #7
    Average HC (not a semblance of his DC greatness); plus below average OC; coupled with average QB (Sanchez), well below average "part-time" QB (Teblow (sic)), JAG #1 RB (Greene), decimated/average (at best) receiving corps, catastrophically abysmal offensive line, equals average to below average team, no matter how well the D plays (which--IMO--will be average as well).

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Average HC (not a semblance of his DC greatness); plus below average OC; coupled with average QB (Sanchez), well below average "part-time" QB (Teblow (sic)), JAG #1 RB (Greene), decimated/average (at best) receiving corps, catastrophically abysmal offensive line, equals average to below average team, no matter how well the D plays (which--IMO--will be average as well).
    ++++1

    Hiring Sparano was a joke. The guy is a clown.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,626
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    [I]

    The teams to beat in the division are going to be the Bellacheat Pats and the Bills which have upgraded their team substantially. I don't want the Jets to just beat the Pats I want them to humble them cause I am sick of hearing about Brady and having so many people stick their noses up Krafts ass.
    Dude, WTF is your deal.

    You start these threads all while you're a known Pats fan?

    Go back to PastsFans.Com with all your M*ssholes

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    "If we don't make moves to pick up some OL help, looking at 8-8 tops. We have to be able to block to run the ball, and we were an open door to the backs. Line did NOT get push, watch the line again." -SCITSCAT

    "It's absolutely amazing that one of the biggest problems from last season, a problem that even the most casual uninformed fan knows about, still does not seem to have been fixed." -Jets Stream


    Don't give me the new offense excuse. When it's time to block for a pass there isn't any damn difference and right now this offensive line is average at best. I'm not sure what's going with Dbrick but either he is hurt or has no motivation to retail talent = to his contract.

    The teams to beat in the division are going to be the Bellacheat Pats and the Bills which have upgraded their team substantially. I don't want the Jets to just beat the Pats I want them to humble them cause I am sick of hearing about Brady and having so many people stick their noses up Krafts ass.
    James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerESPN
    Four AFC East teams scored just 26 combined points in first week of the preseason. No division team scored more than seven points.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerESPN
    Four AFC East teams scored just 26 combined points in first week of the preseason. No division team scored more than seven points.
    THe only difference; Miami fans expected it, Bills fans were surprised by it, Pats fan don't worry/care about it, and Jets fans freak out and step to ledge over it.

  12. #12
    Team will no doubt be mediocre this year......OL is real shaky.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Jets will be lucky to be an average team next year.

    Their OLine is even worse than last year.

  14. #14
    So if we do have another bad year who is held accountable?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    So if we do have another bad year who is held accountable?
    Maybe wait to see if true and what leads to the bad year? How can you blame someone or thing before it happens, if it even does?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    "If we don't make moves to pick up some OL help, looking at 8-8 tops. We have to be able to block to run the ball, and we were an open door to the backs. Line did NOT get push, watch the line again." -SCITSCAT

    "It's absolutely amazing that one of the biggest problems from last season, a problem that even the most casual uninformed fan knows about, still does not seem to have been fixed." -Jets Stream


    Don't give me the new offense excuse. When it's time to block for a pass there isn't any damn difference and right now this offensive line is average at best. I'm not sure what's going with Dbrick but either he is hurt or has no motivation to retail talent = to his contract.

    The teams to beat in the division are going to be the Bellacheat Pats and the Bills which have upgraded their team substantially. I don't want the Jets to just beat the Pats I want them to humble them cause I am sick of hearing about Brady and having so many people stick their noses up Krafts ass.
    It's funny, you rip the Jets for their OL, and then sing the praises of the Pats.

    Did you watch the Pats first pre-season game? Their OL is in worse shape right now than the Jets, they were abysmal on Thursday night.

    Brady and the offense stunk, Brady threw for 30 yds, yet ESPN, and the typical Jet hating media, tv and radio, are all dumping on the Jets.

    It's amazing how so many fans on this site just don't get it

    It's also a shame that a good objective thread, promoting quality discussion of good and bad has to be shut down because of a couple of jackasses on this site, who ONLY bother to post on this site because of their shameless and pathetic agendas.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    So if we do have another bad year who is held accountable?
    Shotty.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Average HC (not a semblance of his DC greatness); plus below average OC; coupled with average QB (Sanchez), well below average "part-time" QB (Teblow (sic)), JAG #1 RB (Greene), decimated/average (at best) receiving corps, catastrophically abysmal offensive line, equals average to below average team, no matter how well the D plays (which--IMO--will be average as well).
    careful....I was near Ron off the board on a rail by this board for questioning REX as a head coach.


    he and Tanny are overrated until they prove otherwise.

  19. #19
    I'm not really saying we are or aren't average, but I do have a question...

    Is it unreasonable to think that maybe it was just a bad way to start to the preseason, and they have 4 more weeks to get things in line?

    I don't really have the answer to the question, but I just think some of you are putting an awful lot of stock into the 1st preseason game, where the starters played 1 quarter.

    We might end of being average (or below for that matter), but I wouldn't base that opinion of what you saw last night.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I'm not really saying we are or aren't average, but I do have a question...

    Is it unreasonable to think that maybe it was just a bad way to start to the preseason, and they have 4 more weeks to get things in line?

    I don't really have the answer to the question, but I just think some of you are putting an awful lot of stock into the 1st preseason game, where the starters played 1 quarter.

    We might end of being average (or below for that matter), but I wouldn't base that opinion of what you saw last night.
    No. It's absolutely reasonable to say it's just one preseason game and just a bad start. The Pats had a crappy game as well, but for me as a fan, it was nice to see an improved defense and see Jones make plays against NOs starters. I also like what I saw from the RBs. I can see where Jets fans may have concerns, but it's too early to go into any panic mode. I do think you are up for some struggles and disappointments this year, but that's not based on what I saw for the first preseason game of the year.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us