Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get off the ledge...

Get off the ledge...

I'm no homer, this team has flaws but here are somethings that might get you through the day for you fans biting your nails like angsty acne-scarred teenage girls waiting to get asked to prom

Reasons you should step away from the ledge:

The OL learning new blocking assignments, give them more than 1 quarter of live play (THAT DOESN'T COUNT) to get it right.

Starting RT (As bad as he was last year) was not starting

Starting RG/C missed time in training camp, so they're playing catch up

Bengals defense should have known pretty much every single play that was coming, as the Sparano said explicitly, this would be vanilla. That means running out of runs sets, and passing out of pass sets.

The "chunk yardage plays" off of our 1st defense were on underneath plays, which in all likelihood were not schemed for specifically as, well, none of it was schemed.

It's the first ****ing game of the preseason, chill out.

Reasons you should stay on the ledge or jump:

You enjoy looking down great distances
    Last edited by bjetsb; 08-11-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    I'm no homer, this team has flaws but here is somethings that might get you through the day for you fans biting your nails like angsty acne-scarred teenage girls waiting to get asked to prom

The OL learning new blocking assignments, give them more than 1 quarter of live play (THAT DOESN'T COUNT) to get it right.

Bengals defense should have known pretty much every single play that was coming, as the Sparano said explicitly, this would be vanilla. That means running out of runs sets, and passing out of pass sets.

The "chunk yardage" off of our 1st defense were on underneath plays, which in all likelihood were not schemed for specifically as, well, none of it was schemed.

There is no room for optimists on this board! LOL You wrote a great post and I agree with you! I have watched the game twice and still think that AUSTIN HOWARD was pretty decent. Most pressure came up the gut. Conner did zilch! The TEs stunk in pass blocking!

Jets Insider VIP
    Get off the ledge...
    But that's where all the fun is!

All League
    It's just remarkable how the 1st half play yesterday resembled most of last seasons games.

Coincidence?

No connection?

We will see.

Giants are gonna kill us LOL.....

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Giants are going to kill us? are you aware that this is week one of the pre season...our ones gave up 3 points....some of you are amazing....its friggin week one of the pre season....oh well. lol

All League
    Good post, but people on here set up shop on the ledge from August til January. I don't know why, but the amount of extremists on here has really gotten to me lately. This is my only place to go to have conversation with other Jets fans about the team, but it's next to impossible to find a level headed conversation on here.

And just to cut anyone off at the pass here, by level headed I do not just mean people who think every thing all sunshine either.

I'm no homer, this team has flaws but here is somethings that might get you through the day for you fans biting your nails like angsty acne-scarred teenage girls waiting to get asked to prom

The "chunk yardage plays" off of our 1st defense were on underneath plays, which in all likelihood were not schemed for specifically as, well, none of it was schemed.

Great post, great thread, so refreshing to see that fans on here DO get it, and know football.

The bolded font enhanced lines were the best, and really, it is the story of last night's game for the offense, and it is amazing that not enough people realize this, and don't factor this into discussion of the the offense last night.

Sanchez never had time, couldn't get comfortable, couldn't establish any kind of flow or rythm. Tebow couldn't either. I saw the Tebow fanboy's thread started by Ballhawk, Tebow didn't do jack, he used his legs to get out of the same situations that Sanchez had faced, and Tebow wasn't even playing with the first teamers.

Multiple OL'n out due to injuries, including our starting RT, Mangold went to LN, Moore missed time when he went to the HOF game, practices included rotations on the OL with players moving all over the place, moving to different positions, all the while learning a new offense, the team has been in camp for two weeks, yet panic reigns.

Great thread.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Giants are going to kill us? are you aware that this is week one of the pre season...our ones gave up 3 points....some of you are amazing....its friggin week one of the pre season....oh well. lol
    Yes I know exactly what week it is.

I've been watching the Jets for 40 years. Sure every year is different. In my 40 years, most years are the same. I don't wear green glasses but I always think they're better then they really are.

You'll see. Giants are gonna kill us. 1's, 2's or 3's....won't matter.

28-10

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet;4545[SIZE=4
    269]Good post, but people on here set up shop on the ledge from August til January. I don't know why, but the amount of extremists on here has really gotten to me lately. This is my only place to go to have conversation with other Jets fans about the team, but it's next to impossible to find a level headed conversation on here.
    [/SIZE]
    And just to cut anyone off at the pass here, by level headed I do not just mean people who think every thing all sunshine either.
    Another great post, and you hit it out of the park with the bolded part, same for me.

I've been posting on this board for about 12 years, before the new edition of the site started back in 93.

It's been taken over by a bunch of raucus SOFJ's and a slew of younger and more arrogant group of fans who all think they know it all because they can play the hell of their Madden games on their PS3's...

There is no more level headed discussion, it's infested with a much of egostical self aggrandizing people who would rather argue and spew agendas than talk football.

And the best thing is, this thread will get hijacked by avid Tebowists in a few minutes....posters are like a bunch of Munchausen patients with all the whining and negative prognostications based on a 1Q sample size. Based on the same ridiculous logic the Jets will allow 0 points this year as the bengals scored 0 points in Q1. Get over it!! Every team has problems and that's what the preseason is for, fixing them.
    Last edited by bjetsb; 08-11-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Xbox 360 > PS3

Results > Excuses

I have no problem at all with this type of post and the people that beleive in it.....as long as they also totally disregard things like the play of Coples in the game. You can;t have it both ways, praising good things about games and ingnroing the bad things.

Rookie
    Much like the media, level headed, logical objectivity doesn't sell and doesn't keep with the "look at me" mentality.

The Jets have some issues..... point to a team that doesn't, at this stage of the season. They ALL do..... or there would be no need for the preseason.

What sucks..... and, frankly, makes this forum unreadable, at times, is the idea that the players, and the team as a whole are finished products. If coaching has no bearing, then why have training camp? Let everybody just show up for the game and "wing" it. If players can't get better, why practice at all? We already KNOW what every player is, an what they will be.... I mean, we've SEEN it. The Jets are OBVIOUSLY gonna struggle against any team, save for the bottom third of the league..... we saw the starters lose to the Bungles, 3-0, in a whole quarter's worth of play. It can't, and WON'T get better.

Why, oh WHY do they even play the games?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I have no problem at all with this type of post and the people that beleive in it.....as long as they also totally disregard things like the play of Coples in the game. You can;t have it both ways, praising good things about games and ingnroing the bad things.
    I agree, and that's the way it should be. No team is perfect, and those that ignore the flaws/concerns are just as bad as those that dwell on the negatives.

This team has its question marks, no doubt about it, but there is also plenty of reason to be optimistic as well. There should be no one who thinks they have it all mapped out after last night though, but those people are the majority it seem(not saying you are in that group.)

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Results > Excuses

Change your record...

p-r-e-s-e-a-s-o-n

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another great post, and you hit it out of the park with the bolded part, same for me.

I've been posting on this board for about 12 years, before the new edition of the site started back in 93.

It's been taken over by a bunch of raucus SOFJ's and a slew of younger and more arrogant group of fans who all think they know it all because they can play the hell of their Madden games on their PS3's...

There is no more level headed discussion, it's infested with a much of egostical self aggrandizing people who would rather argue and spew agendas than talk football.
    Amen dude.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I agree, and that's the way it should be. No team is perfect, and those that ignore the flaws/concerns are just as bad as those that dwell on the negatives.

This team has its question marks, no doubt about it, but there is also plenty of reason to be optimistic as well. There should be no one who thinks they have it all mapped out after last night though, but those people are the majority it seem(not saying you are in that group.)
    For me, the only optimistic signs are on the defensive side. Which is always has been this teams strength. Not that I'm not excited about those guys but i'm dying to see the offense get better, in ANY way. And we've yet to seen that.

I think we're just desperate to see any signs of life on offense and give the defense a break from time to time. Season can't come soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Simply not true...

This is not a cake and eat it too scenario... You, as an avid watcher of the game are capable of discerning positive/negative. It's exactly what the team is doing.

So, Coples played well but also needs better conditioning... Sanchez played well, only looking to throw downfield once though... Tebow reinforced that wearing shorts and playing live are two different animals but he can clearly make plays with his legs... McKnight played well, showing flashes of the playmaker he can be but Powell looked nothing like what we've heard from TC...

It's not that hard to be at least somewhat objective. Not 'oh **** me, the seasons over' or 'Suberbowl *****es, Coples 25 sacks easy!'...

Jets Insider VIP
    before we get off that ledge

could somebody kindly give da....hawk a nice gentle push

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Xbox 360 > PS3

Results > Excuses
    The ps3 controller is superior for madden IMO