Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the Jets record in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Honestly, you never want to put too much stock in the first game, but I think it could be very telling to our season. Losing to the Bills at home with a brutal stretch coming up after that would be very troubling. I'd almost go so far as to say if we drop that first home game to the Bills, the season is already in major trouble. Heading to Pittsburgh for week 2 isn't exactly the cure for a bad opening game performance.

Although it is good it will be a litmus test to see what we can expect from this Jets team in 2012. Buffalo despite some upgrades is still a pretender in my eyes. You cannot drop a home game to them and expect to be taken seriously.
    +1

All League
    9-7...missed playoffs.

Rex fired.

Tanny fired.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Honestly, you never want to put too much stock in the first game, but I think it could be very telling to our season. Losing to the Bills at home with a brutal stretch coming up after that would be very troubling. I'd almost go so far as to say if we drop that first home game to the Bills, the season is already in major trouble. Heading to Pittsburgh for week 2 isn't exactly the cure for a bad opening game performance.

Although it is good it will be a litmus test to see what we can expect from this Jets team in 2012. Buffalo despite some upgrades is still a pretender in my eyes. You cannot drop a home game to them and expect to be taken seriously.
    I couldn't agree more.

When you look at our schedule (particularly the first eight games) there's no question that a home game vs. the Bills is essentially a must win. They're exactly the type of team we need to be better than to make the playoffs, and an opening loss to them at home would be very tough -- with games in Pittsburgh and with the 49ers and Texans, a loss week 1 could have us looking down the barrell of a disasterous start... There aren't many teams that overcome 1-3 or 1-4 to make the playoffs.

How are we looking now guys? I don't know if my original prediction of 6-10 is going to be low enough as far as how many games the Jets end up winning, but based on my criteria in the thread I have to stick with it lol.

Practice Squad
    Best case 6-10, worst case 2-14.

I'm thinking 4-12. O is horrible, once the defense starts having injuries, the losses will pile up.

9-7 because the Jets seem to perform well during seasons that they are not predicted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Simple enough, no need for commentary or explanation. Affter only seeing 1 week of the preseason so far, for the heck of it let's make our best predictions for what the Jets record will end up being. Could be a fun time capsule to bump after the end of the year, one way or another?

I'll start off with 6-10
    I initially thought 10-6 would be there record. I still believe that is possible, but for that to happen changes must occur, namely at RT.

The team as it is currently comprised is a 7 to 9 win at best team.

All Pro
    4-18

We will have losses so bad that they count as two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Best case 6-10, worst case 2-14.

I'm thinking 4-12. O is horrible, once the defense starts having injuries, the losses will pile up.
    Even if the defense doesn't have injuries, you can only carry a team so far as a defense in the NFL today without any help from the offense. Eventually they'll even give up some third down conversions, some touchdowns and field goals, that's the way it is. The defense has the potential to be the very best in the league again, but that might not even be good enough to get the Jets to a respectable record. I could see this defense allowing 17 points per game, and them still having a losing record. The way the offense looks on paper, (and scarily enough, they play that way on the field so far too) the defense is going to need to allow probably no more than 13 points per game in order to have a winning record, and that's just not possible with how high powered the offenses are in the league.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 08-20-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    9-7...missed playoffs.

Rex fired.

Tanny fired.

There is absolutely 0 chance either would be fired if the Jets go 9-7. In fact I think it would take 3-13 or worse for something like that to happen. Woody has never held anyone accountable before and it will take an epic Kotitian fail of a season for him to get the type of media and fan pressure that would lead him to actually fire his GM. Remember that Terry Bradway is still in this organization as a key decision-maker on personnel. This is not a results-oriented owner.

I just don't see how we go better than 6 and 10.

6 wins

Sweep Miami - only because it's a rookie QB
    Seattle
    St. Louis
    Indianapolis - rookie QB

Steal another one somewhere, but that's it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    4-18

We will have losses so bad that they count as two.
    lol

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

5-11

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    "Wisdom of the Crowds" suggests that when you combine the guesses of a large group of people, they tend to be pretty accurate.

So far we have 55 estimates for next season:

average W: 8.6
    average L: 7.4
    OK then. I'm at 8. And 8.

Veteran
    I was originally thinking 10 - 11 wins with the D and new OC. If we don't fix the RT position that could easily cost us 3 games and possibly a QB.

Yea I'm with you on that. What a difference a week makes. I was thinking 11 with the easy schedule but it could get ugly before it gets better if it gets better. right now I'm thinking 8-10 but that's very optimistic

I'm still at 10. Our D can prop this team up with our schedule... We'll blow a game or 2 we shoulda won and win one we shouldn't have...

10-6 - This defense will be the best one Rex's had since he's been here, even though the offense may be the worst one since '09. But the D will keep us in just about every game. Plus, the schedule looks pretty easy especially compared to last year.

4-12 or 5-11.
    Blow the team up and start again. Oh well.

0-15-1

maybe 0-14-2 at best