Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Predict the Jets record in 2012

2 and 14. That depends if they can find someone who scores less then 14pts a game!

Veteran
    7-9 with WH
    10-6 without WH

Undrafted Free Agent
    Well............let's see.......... two losses to NE, split with buffalo and maybe beat Miami twice........that's three wins.......loss to Pitt, SF, Houston, maybe beat Luck and Ind, that's four wins, maybe!!!! Beat SEattle and St. Louis, That's six wins............losses to Arizona, San Diego, and a split with Jacksonville and Tenn..... gives us 7 wins. Yup, 7-9.........best case we beat Arizona and Jacks and finish 8-8
    That's my rational thinking.............however.................

Being a life long Jet fan (since the Namath days), somewhere in my heart I feel Sanchez will play well, get enough time, run the ball well enough, play great defense, make some big plays, run a great WC, and surprise everyone and finish 10-6 and make the playoffs!!!!! They can beat Arizona and Sandiego and sweep Buffalo as well as Miami, beat Indy, sweep Jacks and Tenn and either beat SF or split with NE. I just for the life of me cannot go into this season without hope. I'm not even going to say we couldn't beat Pitt! Now that's confidence.........11-5 ? Could it happen? I will not believe that this season is a 5-11 season BEFORE even playing one game!
    Last edited by jetsfellow; 08-22-2012 at 12:25 AM.

All Pro
    6-10 I feel bad for Tebow. After the 2012 season he's leaving anyway.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sure it's pre season, and I may be asking too much however, the Jets might want to score a TD in the next 8 quarters so they don't forget what that white line is for. Scoring will also go along way to help them recall that the scoreboard is capable of posting double digit numerals and not limited to numbers 0-9 (after adding the TD and x point to their solitary field goal).

7-9; Sanchez gets the blame; is out after the 6th game because the O-line allowed NE's defense to sack Mark from a blind spot.

Joe Namath gets blamed also because hel'll make an early season observation that the Jets are not Super Bowl caliber.

5-11, tops

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    no team will play like last year or end up with the same record as well. there is always sleepers and teams that get the injury bug. out of these last two games a sane prediction would be

8+8 {rt upgrade}
    5+11 {hunter as starter}
    So first you claim no one will end up with the same record as last year, then you end up giving us two predictions, one of them with the same exact record as we had last year?? Nice touch.

All League
    12-4 and we sweep the afc east.

We'll still go 9-7 because of the terrible schedule. We kill bad quarterbacks that aren't named Chad Henne.

I think we caught a bit of a break when the Dolphins announced Tannehill as their starter, at least for this year. We play them twice in the first 8 games. I don't think any rookie QB is ready to play this defense right out of the gate like that. We also get Luck early on, in Week 6. Those are 3 games that would be progressively harder the later in the season they were played.

We get the Steelers on the road in their home opener: Loss. The importance of the 1st game has already been gone over many times. We lose to the Bills, you can pencil in an 0-2 start to the year.

The 49ers and Texans. This is where my optimism probably shines through. I have the 49ers and Texans coming back to Earth this year. The Texans will have the same record because Schaub will be healthy (I think) and they play in a bad division. I see both teams as 10-6 caliber opponents, and we get them both at home. I think it's more likely that we beat the 49ers than the Texans, in what would be a 13-10 kind of game.

We're losing both games to the Patriots. No need to discuss that any further.

We get Seattle in Week 10, coming off of our bye. The game will be Seattle's 10 consecutive game, their bye coming in Week 11. This is one of those games where I don't see the other team being able to score. The potential pitfalls: we suck after bye weeks with Rex and Seattle is a rough place to play.

Week 11 @ Schitty. We better not lose this game. And not just because it's against Schitty: We play the Pats 4 days later. It's the week after they play the 49ers, so maybe they'll be a little beat up. And I would certainly hope that Rex could shut down Schitty's offense after seeing it in practice for 3 years.

Weeks 13-15, Cardinals, @J'ville, @Tennessee. I have us at 7-4 or 6-5 going into this stretch, depending on the Bills game. If we're 6-5, we need all 3 of these. 3 more games we should be able to hold the opponent under 20. The Jacksonville game could be another ugly, 10-7 affair. I can't wait to see Revis vs. Fitzgerald in the Cardinals game, especially now that we have the All 22 camera angles available to us. Tennessee is one of my bottom feeders for the year, along with the Browns, Vikings, and Redskins*. I'm completely unimpressed by Jake Locker, maybe they'll have Hasselbeck back in by then, which would make that game more difficult.

Who are going to get hammered by that schedule: play in the NFCE, drew the AFCN and NFCS for out of division. Steelers, Saints, Ravens, Falcons, Giants 2x, Eagles 2x, Cowboys 2x, Bengals, Panthers. Ouch. Then no 1st round pick after they go 4-12. Disregard all stories about RGIII's struggles this year, it's not going to be his fault.

We're at 8-6 or 9-5 going into the last two games, the difficulty of which are almost impossible for me to assess because the Chargers and Bills are two teams that are impossible for me to get a read on. They're in the 6-10 to 10-6 range, just like us. Given that, I'll say we split here.

We finish 10-6 or 9-7. Not because we're all that good, but because of the weak schedule. Kind of like the Buccaneers in 2010 or the Bengals last year.

If we make the playoffs, we play the Broncos or the Texans on Wildcard weekend and lose, close to the Texans or by 2 touchdowns to the Broncos.

Bump after 9 games

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Bump after 9 games
    If the Jets go 3-4 the rest of the way, then you've nailed it!

I need them to go 2-5 for my prediction to come to fruition. It's amazing how quick some were to abuse anyone not picking the Jets to have a winning season. IMO, the writing was always on the wall.

Bump after 9 games
    Boy, there are a lot of optimistic predictions this thread. I am surprised, however, at how many had the foresight that the team would struggle as currently put together.

Notable whiffs:

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

10-6 Easy schedule and our best defense yet. I believe we'll be playing our best toward the end of the year once we get the new offense down, and Hill, White, are no longer green, and DD takes over for Bart full time.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post

15-1 is my stretch goal, but realistically 13-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

You're an ass, really, only a complete fool would predict 5 wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

With Tanny's new stud additions, Rex's top 5 D, and Sparano running the ground and pound and master of the wildcat, this team will definitely go 12-4.
    That's a promise.

Anyone who doesn't think so is a clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

If Patstroll DoucheX is willing to predict 8 wins, then the real total will be closer to 12 or more

how must it feel for alleged Jet fan "realists" to predicting less wins than our 50000 post plus one man troll infestation?? Thankfully most of the fanbase is not as bad as those guys
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 11-12-2012 at 11:10 PM.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Boy, there are a lot of optimistic predictions this thread. I am surprised, however, at how many had the foresight that the team would struggle as currently put together.

Notable whiffs:
    Its mushroom season here on the west coast. There too?
    Try the Liberty Cap's. They are delightful sauteed in a lil butter and white wine along a t bone.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Notable whiffs:
    Where is that post of Ray's in the thread about winning 12 games? Did he edit it or something by now? If not, SAR I is going to have a field day now that the 12 win guarantee has been unearthed!

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    If the Jets go 3-4 the rest of the way, then you've nailed it!

I need them to go 2-5 for my prediction to come to fruition. It's amazing how quick some were to abuse anyone not picking the Jets to have a winning season. IMO, the writing was always on the wall.
    I'd love to end up nailing it, but the only problem is sitting here right now, if it took them 9 games in order for them to get to their third win, it's hard to see them winning 3 out of their final 7 games, so right now 4-12 or 5-11 would have to be the most likely scenario. Who knows, maybe our beloved Jets will pull themselves up, make a passionate rally, and basically will their way to make my 6-10 prediction become a reality!

Where is that post of Ray's in the thread about winning 12 games? Did he edit it or something by now? If not, SAR I is going to have a field day now that the 12 win guarantee has been unearthed!
    It's a troll, trolling... Go figure...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    6-10
    Reading this thread is hilarious. Good job fellow 6 and 10ers.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Buffalo L
    @Pittsburgh L
    @Miami W
    San Francisco L
    Houston L
    Indianapolis W
    @ New England L
    Miami L
    @Seattle W
    @St. Louis W
    New England L
    Arizona W
    @Jacksonville W
    @Tennessee L
    San Diego L
    @Buffalo L

Final Record: 6-10. Maybe they split a W-L with Buffalo to up it to 7-9, at best.

I don't know how people are thinking the Jets will beat the Texans. They were in the playoffs with their 3rd string QB.
    I'm scaring myself. I wish I had put money on this

Even if the defense doesn't have injuries, you can only carry a team so far as a defense in the NFL today without any help from the offense. Eventually they'll even give up some third down conversions, some touchdowns and field goals, that's the way it is. The defense has the potential to be the very best in the league again, but that might not even be good enough to get the Jets to a respectable record. I could see this defense allowing 17 points per game, and them still having a losing record. The way the offense looks on paper, (and scarily enough, they play that way on the field so far too) the defense is going to need to allow probably no more than 13 points per game in order to have a winning record, and that's just not possible with how high powered the offenses are in the league.
    You nailed it!

I had them at 5-11. SG3 had them at 10-6 to 12-4. That about sums it up.