Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards' first catch as a Seahawk

All Pro
    Bray would of made too much sense bringing him back and the Jets FO is the exact opposite of sense. It would allowed Hill to develop and not be thrown in the fire right away because he is still very raw and including the fact Sanchez most production when Bray was on the team. I don't think it had anything to do with Holmes , I think Woody's call all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Excuse me. But I can post my opinion or thought.

And I never said it had anything to do with teams performance in mind. It could be that is just Woody's standard way/belief of doing things.
    Excuse me but where in my post did you believe I was poo-poo'ing your opinion?

I don't remember saying(or posting, for that matter) "C Mart, your opinion sucks!" anywhere....

Holy imagined-slights, Batman!
    Last edited by Vin; 08-12-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    we are better off without him

look for another DUI or strip club brawl within the next 3 months, It's almost as sure as the sun coming up tomorrow morning

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You guys are all dumb. Chaz is gonna ball and hill is ready to take over the reigns.

-JI
    The only person who is going to ball from Chaz are the trainers with the extra OT.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    we are better off without him

look for another DUI or strip club brawl within the next 3 months, It's almost as sure as the sun coming up tomorrow morning
    I only hope Hill turns out to be smarter than that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I only hope Hill turns out to be smarter than that.....
    Under the tutelage of Holmes !! :eek

In all seriousness .. Maybe this is what Holmes need in order to mature. to be the guy that other guys depend on for guidance.

Former Jet Obsesion Syndrome, out in force.

An annual tradition.

Incoming "Danny Woodhead is Pats #1 RB!!!!!" Thread in 3....2....1....

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Yes, it does suck that the Jets felt like he wasn't going to work (getting older, getting in more touble?). Yes, it sucks that someone (maybe Holmes? Who knows?) didn't want to be his teammate (that, IMO, is s stupid reason all things conisdered).

But he's not on the team. Now the guys that we do have must produce. Or else it's going to be a lost season.

I was at this game and Braylon looked real good. He had a holding penalty but other than that he played efficient. One thing to note is that it was against back up players. I did see him on the sideline in the 4th with Cam Chancellor flexing and pointing down to his name on the back of the jersey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    It was a nice catch, he jumped and caught it over a falling defender, but it's being a little over exaggerated in this thread.

I do agree we pry don't have anyone that could have made it. As far as resigning him, it does make sense on the surface, so there had to be more too it than just on the surface.

He's a Seahawk, and won't ever be a Jet ever again. I liked him just as much as the next fan while he was here, but it's way past time to let it go.
    This is a general post hawkeye, not directed solely at you...

This is a message board.

As Jets fans, I believe we all have the right to express our opinions, both good and bad.

Several of us have been saying for months that this offense is not built to succeed. Met with disdain by the half glass full/homers/Jets can do no wrong group.

Friday's game was a microcosm of that fact.

And Edwards was a piece the Jets could have greatly used IMO. Now that I see he's healthy, I believe this even more now. I believe this group of WR's, as presently constructed, will not get the job done. Nor will the present group of RB's. (Powell is not any better IMO. His "success" in practice has been a frickin' mirage). Nor will the OL. The lack of attention to the needs on the offensive side of the ball to help Sanchez get over the hump this season I believe will be the downfall of this season and will be a critical mistake in Mike Tannebaum's tenure as GM. This could spell the end of Mark Sanchez as a Jet as he has not been given the necessry tools to work with IMO. How much Rex Ryan has to do with this is still unknown.

Yeah it's only one preseason game yada yada yada. That's not the answer to the problem. It's an excuse based only in hope.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    I was at this game and Braylon looked real good. He had a holding penalty but other than that he played efficient. One thing to note is that it was against back up players. I did see him on the sideline in the 4th with Cam Chancellor flexing and pointing down to his name on the back of the jersey.
    Back-up players or not, the key is he's apparently healthy.

And a healthy Edwards is a very good WR.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    A spectacular 39 yard TD grab.

I miss Braylon
    I do too. I will ALWAYS think Tannenloser made the wrong choice when he signed Holmes instead of Edwards. Holmes may be a little better overall receiver, but Edwards is just a better player

It just seems to me that Edwards is really odd and teams and are not comfortable with him. He has no charisma and is just slightly weird as you could see when that dick Ireland was grilling him, and I think teams want a player who is one of the guys and Braylon is just not that.

Having said that, Carroll embraces that so he could flourish there.

Dumbest move by the front office not bringing Sanchez's security blanket back. Stupid I say. The guy can still play. Seahawks got themselves a good player on the cheap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    We don't know if it was their decision not to sign him...It could have been Woody's. It could be Woody is willing to give players a "2nd chance" but if you F that chance up and give his team a black eye and are expendable (no major cap implications) you are done with his team

The Jets have given players that have issued with other teams a chance with them. But BE seems to be the only player that came to the Jets and then F'up again...

Holmes hasn't tested positive for weed with the Jets..

Just a thought
    +1.

It's a new season, new players, new offensive coordinator and a team trying to gel. Good luck to Braylon in Seattle, I think the Jets will be fine without him, thanks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This is a general post hawkeye, not directed solely at you...

This is a message board.

As Jets fans, I believe we all have the right to express our opinions, both good and bad.

Several of us have been saying for months that this offense is not built to succeed. Met with disdain by the half glass full/homers/Jets can do no wrong group.

Friday's game was a microcosm of that fact.

And Edwards was a piece the Jets could have greatly used IMO. Now that I see he's healthy, I believe this even more now. I believe this group of WR's, as presently constructed, will not get the job done. Nor will the present group of RB's. (Powell is not any better IMO. His "success" in practice has been a frickin' mirage). Nor will the OL. The lack of attention to the needs on the offensive side of the ball to help Sanchez get over the hump this season I believe will be the downfall of this season and will be a critical mistake in Mike Tannebaum's tenure as GM. This could spell the end of Mark Sanchez as a Jet as he has not been given the necessry tools to work with IMO. How much Rex Ryan has to do with this is still unknown.

Yeah it's only one preseason game yada yada yada. That's not the answer to the problem. It's an excuse based only in hope.
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I am all for people sharing their opinions, especially when they back it up with reasons why they formed their opinions.

As far as Braylon's on field abilities, it looks like he may be back to form, and if that's the case, he certainly could have helped on the field. That being said, I don't think it was ever about his on field ability or what he could bring to the table for the offense. I could be wrong, but I think the FO viewed him as a hot button in the locker room, and after last year's locker room issues, they just couldn't risk bringing in someone that could divide the locker even more.

Whether the offense would be better with him and no Holmes is debatable, and there will be a group on both sides of that debate. Just looking at what he was willing to come here for(next to nothing) and the Jets FO saying no thanks, I think would be a pretty clear sign the concerns with him were not on field related. Whether or not that is the right decision in the end, no one knows yet, but I can see why the FO did it if it was concerns of chemistry.

Jets Insider VIP
    If it was Woody's decision, why did he allow Edwards to play the 2010 season?

He could have insisted he be cut/waived immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If it was Woody's decision, why did he allow Edwards to play the 2010 season?

He could have insisted he be cut/waived immediately.
    Woody was being an attention whore, as usual (Favre, Tebow, etc.). I think the Plaxico over Braylon decision was made well before free agency. Woody, like Limolady, were jizzing in their pants at the thought of having two SB winning receivers on the team. Little did they know that both guys are just a couple of bad attitude, mediocre, front running players who only do well when they're surrounded by lots of other good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    +1.

It's a new season, new players, new offensive coordinator and a team trying to gel. Good luck to Braylon in Seattle, I think the Jets will be fine without him, thanks.
    They have to, Limolady. They have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Woody was being an attention whore, as usual (Favre, Tebow, etc.). I think the Plaxico over Braylon decision was made well before free agency. Woody, like Limolady, were jizzing in their pants at the thought of having two SB winning receivers on the team. Little did they know that both guys are just a couple of bad attitude, mediocre, front running players who only do well when they're surrounded by lots of other good players.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jordy....I like ya, buddy, but even you have to see that Woody's modus operandi all along was to steal the headlines from the Giants.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    They have to, Limolady. They have no choice.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jordy....I like ya, buddy, but even you have to see that Woody's modus operandi all along was to steal the headlines from the Giants.
    Good to see you again, Vin. Hope you'll stick around for the season.

Regardless of whether Holmes or Braylon is the better player, the truth is that Sanchez had much better chemistry with Braylon. I still can't get over how good our passing offense looked that first month of 2010 -- aside from the opener -- while Holmes was out on suspension. Hasn't looked nearly as cohesive since then, and it's clear that Sanchez and Holmes are not a great pairing. We'll see if that changes this year, but I'm not holding my breath.