Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards' first catch as a Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Regardless of whether Holmes or Braylon is the better player, the truth is that Sanchez had much better chemistry with Braylon. I still can't get over how good our passing offense looked that first month of 2010 -- aside from the opener -- while Holmes was out on suspension. Hasn't looked nearly as cohesive since then, and it's clear that Sanchez and Holmes are not a great pairing. We'll see if that changes this year, but I'm not holding my breath.
    The offense looked great those games. Not sure what happened the opener; Sanchez looked a bit scared/tight. He refused to throw the ball more than five yards. But, games 2, 3, and 4, he looked better than he ever has. After Holmes came back, the offense went back to ****. I think it's the Shockey-Manning problem. Sanchez feels the need to force the ball to Holmes, or Holmes will be crying and pouting for the rest of the game. I also don't think Sanchez likes small receivers, considering he's not that accurate. The only elite sub 6'0" receiver I can think of his Steve Smith.

We should look at edwards when he's cut by Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Hopefully Santonio recovers from his "body soreness" before then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not sure if serious (although I assume you're being you're usual sarcastic self), but the Edwards I saw last night would significantly upgrade our WR situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Tannenfail
    x100000

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Not sure if serious (although I assume you're being you're usual sarcastic self), but the Edwards I saw last night would significantly upgrade our WR situation.
    seattle has a ton of WR between rice, tate, baldwin, etc. I'd be surprised if they had both edwards and TO on their roster by week 1

Jets Insider VIP
    seattle has a ton of WR between rice, tate, baldwin, etc. I'd be surprised if they had both edwards and TO on their roster by week 1
    There's a reason Seattle brought in Antonio Bryant for a tryout and signed Edwards and TO. They're not sure about Rice's health and they may not be completely happy with Tate. They brought these guys in for a reason.

But if Edwards gets cut, I hope the Jets swallow whatever differences they have and sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...-to-catch-a-TD

I'll never forgive you for this one Tanny and Rex.

Good luck Braylon.
    Agreed. Add me to the list of disappointed Jets fans with our FO for not bringing BE back.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Agreed. Add me to the list of disappointed Jets fans with our FO for not bringing BE back.
    It was a pass interference on Braylon. He grabbed the back of the defenders jersey and pulled him down.

I don't like it either, but what's done is done. Instead of crying about things day in and day out like caddy 12 year old school girls, we start threads like this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    It was a pass interference on Braylon. He grabbed the back of the defenders jersey and pulled him down.
    LOL. Yeah let's be sure not to give him any credit for making an athletic play.

The point is, he appears to be healthy and can make big plays.

But we don't need a guy who can do that.

LOL. Yeah let's be sure not to give him any credit for making an athletic play.

The point is, he appears to be healthy and can make big plays.

But we don't need a guy who can do that.
    Exactly. The questions about Braylon were not about his ability. It was about off the field stuff (relationship with the FO and teammates) and his health.

If he's healthy, he's a good receiver. I didn't know that his talent on the field was in dispute. He'd be our 2nd best receiver by a country mile right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Exactly. The questions about Braylon were not about his ability. It was about off the field stuff (relationship with the FO and teammates) and his health.

If he's healthy, he's a good receiver. I didn't know that his talent on the field was in dispute. He'd be our 2nd best receiver by a country mile right now.
    The Edwards hate is mind-boggling.

Totally lacking in rationality.

Defies logic! All I do know is with BE, the offense was more than good enough for us to get to a SB and possibly win one. With BE on the team, we made the AFCG his two seasons on the team; the same cannot be said of Holmes. Sanchez had a go to bigtime wideout who could stretch the field, not to mention his blocking for the running game. We certainly didn't have that last year, and as we enter 2012, so many doubts remain on the offensive side of the ball especially oline and wr.

Instead of surrounding Mark with proven weapons like BE, the FO brings in Tebow which will only stifle the development of our young QB. Give Mark the weapons and a oline that can protect him and he has demonstrated he can get the job done. For example: 2009 and 2010.
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 08-12-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added concluding paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Good to see you again, Vin. Hope you'll stick around for the season.
    This guy is why I'm sticking around and will always stick around :

I pray he turns into the player we WANT him to be.

Otherwise, the Braylon talk will always carry on like I used to make it "carry on" despite certain party's attempts to thwart me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Patrick Turner looks as if he's trying to resurrect The Beard.

Patrick Turner looks as if he's trying to resurrect The Beard.
    But I thought nobody liked Braylon? Imagine that....

By the way, you heard of James Harden in the NBA? Now *THAT* is a beard.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Braylon > Holmes .... I would have ejected Holmes if that was the case. Another note .. This would have NEVER happened as a Jet ... When was the last time you saw Sanchez throw a bomb to a receiver that had one on one coverage deep ? 2010 ?

The Jets' FO and ownership is incapable of recognizing future talent. They only recognize it when it's beyond obvious, like Holmes or Plax in the SB. So they go after the overpriced semi-stars who make a big play now and then (Holmes) or has beens (Plax).

All Pro

Actually it's rationalization at its finest. If Braylon was back on the team - they would love, love, love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Actually it's rationalization at its finest. If Braylon was back on the team - they would love, love, love him.
    If Braylon was back on the team Last year, the Jets would've made the Playoffs.

Barely, considering the crapfest that occured, but they still would've made it in.

At the same time, however, had they made it, Schitty would've remained so I guess it turned out to be a necessary evil in the end.