Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards' first catch as a Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Your making crazy assumptions. Braylon was not a locker room cancer, he was well liked, and him not being kept had nothing to do with anything other than money.

After 2010 we decided to offer Holmes 10mil a year for5 years because Rex likes him more. We couldn't turn around and offer our best receiver 1 mil for 1 year after that. We should have offered both Holmes and Braylon 5 Mil for 4 years. Holmes would have walked for the redskins and we would have kept Braylon.

We're a much better team without Holmes, and even better with Braylon. Hill might be ice but he's two years away and likely will be helping a qb not of our current roster.
    do you think we're winning the super bowl this year with braylon edwards? I don't... so I say let hill play and develop his chemistry with sanchez. let's give these guys some time to develop along with our young DL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    do you think we're winning the super bowl this year with braylon edwards? I don't... so I say let hill play and develop his chemistry with sanchez. let's give these guys some time to develop along with our young DL
    I didn't realize the Jets were in rebuilding mode.

And to answer your question, I think the Jets have a better chance with Edwards than without him. Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. And they sign a convicted felon and former convict to play WR. A guy who discharged a firearm in a nightclub.

Please. Save the integrity speech.
    And Limolady was/is a big Plaxico fan, too. A lot of us on here said he was a big downgrade BEFORE last season. Turns out we were right. So much for deferring to the "professionals." The guy sucked. Although, Santonio was probably worse. I can't remember anything Santonio did last year besides getting his clock cleaned by Kurt Coleman and then being a ***** the rest of the game.

And I'll say it right now, the OL will not be good this year. The "professionals" didn't address the OL. But, I guess we'll just defer to them, cause they know better.

All Pro
    tony from the draft board even confirmed that the jets would be focusing on bringing in only "high character" players this season after last year's debacle. especially with the selections of hill and davis, it's clear that the jets want players who can lead instead of the knuckleheads they've been dealing with
    You're talking about Santonio HAM Holmes, right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Many of you are welcomed to disagree, but I'll go with the professionals assessment of passing on him & never looking back. A fluffed up version of revisionist history is nice, but outside of fantasy football, pass and moving on with Holmes & Hill.

Especially after last year's season's results, that is definitely the right way to look at it. The professionals were definitely on the mark last year.

And to answer your question, I think the Jets have a better chance with Edwards than without him. Yes I do.
    Of course they do. The only real differences between the 2009 and the 2010 offense were Edwards and Cotchery. Dumb move to get rid of both of them.

it's not rebuilding, but the jets have to develop young playmakers at some point. look at what pittsburgh does-- they have all these WR's that come out of nowhere and put up big time numbers. we can't keep signing aging vets and expecting patchwork WR corps to take us to the next level. hill is a 1st round talent so let's let him play and see what he can do for us. BTW I really like the idea of hill and BE on the outside and holmes in the slot

it's not rebuilding, but the jets have to develop young playmakers at some point. look at what pittsburgh does-- they have all these WR's that come out of nowhere and put up big time numbers. we can't keep signing aging vets and expecting patchwork WR corps to take us to the next level. hill is a 1st round talent so let's let him play and see what he can do for us. BTW I really like the idea of hill and BE on the outside and holmes in the slot
    So . . . when's the last time the Jets drafted and developed a playmaking WR? Santana Moss? What makes you think they know how?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You're talking about Santonio HAM Holmes, right?
    that was a mistake and I'm sure the FO realizes it now. that's why they don't want to go down that same path again. it's why mason was shown the door and why plax isn't welcome back. holmes would not be here either if it wasn't going to kill our cap

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

LOL. And they sign a convicted felon and former convict to play WR. A guy who discharged a firearm in a nightclub.

Please. Save the integrity speech.
    I feel bad for you if you aren't open to change. So Rex & Mike rolled the dice with Santonio, Braylon & Plax. Didn't work out with two of them and Santonio, a SB winner & MVP won the catching contest. It's a new season, go out and buy yourself some new socks, the super soft dress sock kind. I promise you'll feel better about football..(-;

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez isn't Ben.

And Sanchez had excellent chemistry with Edwards.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Your making crazy assumptions. Braylon was not a locker room cancer, he was well liked, and him not being kept had nothing to do with anything other than money.

After 2010 we decided to offer Holmes 10mil a year for5 years because Rex likes him more. We couldn't turn around and offer our best receiver 1 mil for 1 year after that. We should have offered both Holmes and Braylon 5 Mil for 4 years. Holmes would have walked for the redskins and we would have kept Braylon.

We're a much better team without Holmes, and even better with Braylon. Hill might be ice but he's two years away and likely will be helping a qb not of our current roster.
    Two things, first, there were plenty of articles around the time of his DWI that stated that the incident plenty of teammates the wrong way, and some considered him to be selfish. As I said previously in this thread, I do not know if that's true or not, but if it is, I can see why the front office didn't bring him back THIS offseason, after last years chemistry issues. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling you know that he was well liked as much as I know how much the stories about teammates views of his DWI are true.

The other thing, my remarks have been about signing him THIS year, not last year, and this year money had nothing to do with it. Comprehend what you are reading before calling people out on their crazy assumptions.

The part of your post stating the Jets would be better with Edwards and without Holmes is a matter of personal opinion. I don't agree, but it's not a landslide. That's not the discussion anyone is having to begin with, but that's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 08-12-2012 at 07:11 PM.

It means he appears to be healthy and a healthy BE has been very good. He made a very nice catch. One that maybe no one other than Holmes could have made among current Jets.

Years ago? It was almost exactly ONE year ago. And when did he have an opportunity considering he wasn't healthy in 2011?

I don't have to. I can complain about it. And I will. Especially if I see this current WR corps **** the bed this year. You're discounting the chemistry Sanchez and BE had. That is not always an easy thing to develop.
    You can do whatever you want. No problem. Not telling you to shut up, just suggesting that you focus on the Jets and not a player on the Seahawks who, even if he's cut, likely won't be a Jet this year whatsoever.

You are correct, though. It wasn't years ago, but it feels like it. Braylon has been on two teams since the Jets let him go, and his only highlight has been a TD in week 1 of the pre-season. That's nice and all, but that's not a guarantee of health or a premonition of a good season. It's one nice play. You'll have a stronger leg to stand on if he's still making the highlight reel once the regular season starts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I feel bad for you if you aren't open to change. So Rex & Mike rolled the dice with Santonio, Braylon & Plax. Didn't work out with two of them and Santonio, a SB winner & MVP won the catching contest. It's a new season, go out and buy yourself some new socks, the super soft dress sock kind. I promise you'll feel better about football..(-;
    Edwards didn't work out?

Okay. Whatever helps you makes sense of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    So . . . when's the last time the Jets drafted and developed a playmaking WR? Santana Moss? What makes you think they know how?
    I have no idea why they have been against drafting WR's with high picks. maybe it's a sign of faith in sanchez as their QB to start giving him weapons now. I know its wishful thinking but I'm hoping that by the time hill is ready to step up and start really contributing, mark will be a much better QB and ready to put up some big #'s too

All Pro
    that was a mistake and I'm sure the FO realizes it now. that's why they don't want to go down that same path again. it's why mason was shown the door and why plax isn't welcome back. holmes would not be here either if it wasn't going to kill our cap
    That's my point. The FO can't spot talent until it's been named a SB MVP. When everyone can see.

All Pro
    I have no idea why they have been against drafting WR's with high picks. maybe it's a sign of faith in sanchez as their QB to start giving him weapons now. I know its wishful thinking but I'm hoping that by the time hill is ready to step up and start really contributing, mark will be a much better QB and ready to put up some big #'s too
    Sanchez will be gone by the time Hill has developed. The FO has lost all faith in him and has no intention of giving him any tools, OL or WR, to help him succeed. Tebow is their backup interim plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Sanchez isn't Ben. And Sanchez had excellent chemistry with Edwards.
    And you keep saying that like they were seperated at birth. If #6 wanted him back because of this cosmic chemistry, do you think the big bad FO just shut down his pleas for his BFF to return? Instead, they give Mark a nice contract extension, sign Tebow & draft Hill. Seriously?

These guys have no idea how to scout and draft WRs. You have to remember, these are the same guys that replaced Edwards and Cotchery with Burress and Mason. Really?

Now, they're going to make Hill -- who may be a great WR in the future, but isn't ready yet -- a starting WR? The other option is Schilens, who can be a good player, but is made out of glass. I like Kerley, but he's a slot guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sanchez will be gone by the time Hill has developed. The FO has lost all faith in him and has no intention of giving him any tools, OL or WR, to help him succeed. Tebow is their backup interim plan.
    I'll take the wait-and-see approach. I like this year's weapons (holmes,hill,kerley,turner,keller) over last year's (holmes,plax,mason,kerley,keller)