Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards' first catch as a Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    These guys have no idea how to scout and draft WRs. You have to remember, these are the same guys that replaced Edwards and Cotchery with Burress and Mason. Really?

Now, they're going to make Hill -- who may be a great WR in the future, but isn't ready yet -- a starting WR? The other option is Schilens, who can be a good player, but is made out of glass. I like Kerley, but he's a slot guy.
    I was having the same conversation with my dad yesterday.. if the jets want to be good this year they are going to have to get lucky just like the giants did with cruz last year. no cruz = no SB, no playoffs

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    And you keep saying that like they were seperated at birth. If #6 wanted him back because of this cosmic chemistry, do you think the big bad FO just shut down his pleas for his BFF to return? Instead, they give Mark a nice contract extension, sign Tebow & draft Hill. Seriously?
    You said it was the "professionals" who make the decisons.

Your post is not consistent with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I was having the same conversation with my dad yesterday.. if the jets want to be good this year they are going to have to get lucky just like the giants did with cruz last year. no cruz = no SB, no playoffs
    The bigger problem is the OL. You could go to war with the WRs and TEs they have, if they could protect Sanchez. They HAVE to replace Hunter. Moore was also no good last year, either. Not sure if it had to do with his hip, or what. But if it's the same Moore as last year, the Jets are going to have to replace the entire right side of the line.

The bigger problem is the OL. You could go to war with the WRs and TEs they have, if they could protect Sanchez. They HAVE to replace Hunter. Moore was also no good last year, either. Not sure if it had to do with his hip, or what. But if it's the same Moore as last year, the Jets are going to have to replace the entire right side of the line.
    yeah I'd be shocked if they didn't make OL a priority in drafting next year. FWIW all of the high OL picks from this year are looking pretty shaky

yeah I'd be shocked if they didn't make OL a priority in drafting next year. FWIW all of the high OL picks from this year are looking pretty shaky
    They have to replace Hunter NOW. You cannot go into the season with him as the RT. They've already half-ruined Sanchez. They'll put the nail in the coffin this year if they can't protect him.

I would have taken Cordy Glenn over Hill, and signed B. Edwards.

They have to replace Hunter NOW. You cannot go into the season with him as the RT. They've already half-ruined Sanchez. They'll put the nail in the coffin this year if they can't protect him.
    hopefully the switch to a man-blocking scheme from a zone will do something. otherwise it's up to austin howard to step up and take the starting RT job

I would have taken Cordy Glenn over Hill, and signed B. Edwards.
    glenn looked terrible in the buffalo game. he was getting torched and fitzpatrick was seeing more pressure than sanchez was for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Even you don't believe your own schtick now, do you? Braylon's been out on waiver wires for over 10 months without an offer from the CFL let alone the NFL. The Seahawks are working him out, that's great and I wish him luck.
    Hey....even I have my limits on how far to take things.

Besides, my new schtick is "Stephen Hill 4 Life".

He's going to be a monster for us.....provided we get him the ball and your boy Holmes doesn't get "offended" by that.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    There's a reason Seattle brought in Antonio Bryant for a tryout and signed Edwards and TO. They're not sure about Rice's health and they may not be completely happy with Tate. They brought these guys in for a reason.

But if Edwards gets cut, I hope the Jets swallow whatever differences they have and sign him.
    Tate has been MUCH improved thus far. If anything, Obomanu might be on the outside looking in if things stay the way they are.

I agree. The Jets should sign Kareem Mackenzie. He's a vet who can come in immediately and start. Reportedly he's living in a gym right now staying in shape waiting for a team to call. How anyone can argue he'd be worse than Hunter is beyond any rational analysis.

I think Hill can be an effective #2 as a rook. Still, I'd get a much better warm and fuzzy if we had signed the following:

1. Kareem Mackenzie
    2. Plaxico Burress
    3. a capable blocking TE

Bray is a moot point. Jets made a mistake dismissing him as done. Nothing you can do now unless the Hawks cut him to make roster space for TO.

detjetsfan, why must you have *THAT* as your sig pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Had they replaced him with someone of at least equal caliber it would certainly be more possible. As it is they take away vital pieces each year without replacing them and the team has deteriorated from a personnel standpoint each year
    Ask the mods to start the "fire them all" sticky thread.

Dumbest F___in thing Tanny and Rex did last offseason- NOT SIGNING THIS BEAST!!

Jets Insider VIP

Edwards on his return and Saturday's game...

"It does feel good. This is the first time I've felt healthy and really into it in a while," he said. "... I've worked hard, got a chance, and I'm just trying to give everything I have to this team so they can see that I am serious about football."

I'm standing by my belief that this was one of, if not the, dumbest decisions of the Tannenbaum/Ryan era.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    "It does feel good. This is the first time I've felt healthy and really into it in a while," he said. "... I've worked hard, got a chance, and I'm just trying to give everything I have to this team so they can see that I am serious about football."

I'm standing by my belief that this was one of, if not the, dumbest decisions of the Tannenbaum/Ryan era.
    Did you see him on Hard Knocks.

The New York Jets were the last team to appear on Hard Knocks back when Braylon Edwards was on the team. Edwards appears as a free agent trying out for the Dolphins in the first episode. When asked by Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland who he should call who would tell him to absolutely sign him, Edwards replied quickly with “Rex Ryan.” Ireland smiled and said, “I’m not calling Rex Ryan.”
    Two things interesting about that exchange. First, it is clear Edwards loves Rex and had a great relationship with him. He said "Rex" without even blinking. And the second is how Ireland dismissed it b.c he knows Rex is a bull****ter when it comes to his players. At least that is how I took it. I think it speaks to Rex's credibility around the league in terms of his opinions. Or maybe it is b.c we are a division rival.

IMO I think it was a Tanny decision not to bring Braylon back. I think Rex wanted him. Perhaps Tannenbaum has a huge ego and signing Braylon would be basically admitting that he made a mistake in not signing him. We will never know for sure and that sucks.

But Mike Francesa said he's a bad person so I don't want him. David Dehil is a good guy who had to much to drink, he did not hurt anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    What's done is done and I think Hill is going to be a stud for us for a long time, but I did like BE a lot, and I think Sanchez really trusted him.

Dang. Oh, well.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    What's done is done and I think Hill is going to be a stud for us for a long time, but I did like BE a lot, and I think Sanchez really trusted him.

Dang. Oh, well.

_
    Doesn't mean we can't b*itch about it!