Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Braylon Edwards' first catch as a Seahawk

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Doesn't mean we can't b*itch about it!

No, of course not. I mean, what's a message board for?

I don't get the disdain for discussing an ex-Jet.

_

All League
    For all of you that want him back, he may still be out there.....

ESPN's Mike Sando believes Braylon Edwards and Terrell Owens are battling for one roster spot.
    The idea is that the Seahawks can't keep two veteran receivers that don't contribute on special teams. However, Sidney Rice's continued injury problems and the struggles of Golden Tate/Ben Obomanu leave this wideout corps with a lot of question marks. The depth chart here is extremely fluid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    For all of you that want him back, he may still be out there.....
    Yup. I saw that blurb too.

But Edwards definitely made a statement Saturday night that he's a contender. I wouldn't be opposed to the Jets taking a look at TO. Maybe at 38, he's finally grown up.

Veteran
    He has a drinking problem and for all of his talents, I doubt they bring him back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    He has a drinking problem and for all of his talents, I doubt they bring him back.
    Just curious, do you know that he currently has a drinking problem?

His last DUI was 2 years ago.

Just curious, do you know that he currently has a drinking problem?

His last DUI was 2 years ago.
    How do you know that he doesn't have a drinking problem? Just because he his last DUI was 2 years ago doesn't mean he could drink heavily.

My point being here Jordy is that you are making assumptions and excited over 1 play, that happened in preseason, against the 3rd team. If he continues to do this in the regular season week in and week out I'll eat my words.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    How do you know that he doesn't have a drinking problem? Just because he his last DUI was 2 years ago doesn't mean he could drink heavily.

My point being here Jordy is that you are making assumptions and excited over 1 play, that happened in preseason, against the 3rd team. If he continues to do this in the regular season week in and week out I'll eat my words.
    I do not understand for the life of me how Jets fans constantly under value what BE did for the Jets, and not only under value BE, completely over value what Holmes does for the Jets.

Practice Squad
    I'll tell you what. We missed out on at least bringing in Edwards for a workout. If he gets cut and we don't check him out or at least get a different veteran receiver then tanny is an idiot. We clearly need something at receiver and choosing to ignore it just like the right tackle situation is something at will cost tanny his job in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    A spectacular 39 yard TD grab.

I miss Braylon
    Edwards is still very talented and not even that old. I can't believe one injury-riddled season scared away nearly every NFL team. I don't see why he can't be a solid contributor on a good team. The Seahawks may surprise people this year.

you realize word is EITHER TO or Braylon are going to make the team right? Both won't stay.

There's a chance Braylon gets cut loose.

Jets Insider VIP

I was simply asking the poster if he knew whether or not BE currently has a drinking problem since he posted, "He has a drinking problem."

I don't know one way or the other.

And I'm not basing my opinion on one play. I have said all along that as long as BE is healthy, I would take him for the Jets any day that ends in a "Y." I think he's an excellent WR that has a history with Sanchez.

Our WR situation is not what I would call "good" at this point.

Holmes has been injured throughout camp.
    Kerley has been injured throughout camp.
    Schilens can't stay healthy and is unreliable in that regard.
    Turner is a decent WR but no more than a #4 IMO.
    White is an unknown. Maybe he's a Clowney type. Maybe he will be more. But we can't say for sure right now.
    Hill is a talented young receiver but I'm not sure he's ready to be a full-time #2.

For anyone to think we are okay at WR is beyond my comprehension. And this aversion to the thought of BE is equally incomprehensible unless a person is only interested in having choir boys on the team. We saw how well that worked under Mangini. Apparently, there are some who are in that camp.

I was simply asking the poster if he knew whether or not BE currently has a drinking problem since he posted, "He has a drinking problem."

I don't know one way or the other.

And I'm not basing my opinion on one play. I have said all along that as long as BE is healthy, I would take him for the Jets any day that ends in a "Y." I think he's an excellent WR that has a history with Sanchez.

Our WR situation is not what I would call "good" at this point.

Holmes has been injured throughout camp.
    Kerley has been injured throughout camp.
    Schilens can't stay healthy and is unreliable in that regard.
    Turner is a decent WR but no more than a #4 IMO.
    White is an unknown. Maybe he's a Clowney type. Maybe he will be more. But we can't say for sure right now.
    Hill is a talented young receiver but I'm not sure he's ready to be a full-time #2.

For anyone to think we are okay at WR is beyond my comprehension. And this aversion to the thought of BE is equally incomprehensible unless a person is only interested in having choir boys on the team. We saw how well that worked under Mangini. Apparently, there are some who are in that camp.
    I agree the Jets need to make a move at WR right now. But not Braylon Edwards. That shipped has sailed, we all need to move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree the Jets need to make a move at WR right now. But not Braylon Edwards. That shipped has sailed, we all need to move on.
    Maybe so but, in my mind, that doesn't excuse the Jets' decision (whomever made that decision) and it's open for criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    you realize word is EITHER TO or Braylon are going to make the team right? Both won't stay.

There's a chance Braylon gets cut loose.
    I find that hard to believe given the Seahawks WR corps in general. Although TO definitely more likely to get cut given his age and being out of the NFL for a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I find that hard to believe given the Seahawks WR corps in general. Although TO definitely more likely to get cut given his age and being out of the NFL for a while.
    I tend to agree.

Unless TO shows something remarkable in the next 2 weeks or whenever, I would guess he would go before Bray.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TJ Sanchez View Post
    I'll tell you what. We missed out on at least bringing in Edwards for a workout. If he gets cut and we don't check him out or at least get a different veteran receiver then tanny is an idiot. We clearly need something at receiver and choosing to ignore it just like the right tackle situation is something at will cost tanny his job in the long run
    We already know Tanny is an idiot. At least when it comes to Football anyway.