Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards' first catch as a Seahawk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are all dumb. Chaz is gonna ball and hill is ready to take over the reigns.

-JI

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You guys are all dumb. Chaz is gonna ball and hill is ready to take over the reigns.

-JI
    Coming from you makes this 10x better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    That was a great play, period.

Only WR on our team that could even make that catch just on athletic ability alone is maybe Stephen Hill......

I just don't understand not taking Braylon for the league minimum......He wanted to be a Jet
    This an Adrien Clarke are some of the stupiest moves on the surface the Jets FO have made. Oh and putting Pete Kendall's locker with the rookies and then lying about it is a very close third!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's Vin at?

Too angry to post or does he just not come around here anymore?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...-to-catch-a-TD

I'll never forgive you for this one Tanny and Rex.

Good luck Braylon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Not to rain on the Braylon parade, but is was against the teams 4th cb and offensive interference probably should have been called on TE jersey grab and discard. He did get up and get it though, nice catch.
    I am hiring flag football referees...interested? j/k...nice observation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What makes you think Ryan and Tannenbaum know how to construct an offense? They threw a boat load of money at a mediocre WR to be the #1 WR, and then signed a 34 year old guy who runs a 4.9 forty to be the #2 WR. Not to mention the **** OL they put their third year QB behind.
    Part of the reason Holmes is here to begin with is Rex's ego....he was so willing to get Holmes because Homes killed his vaunted defense a few times...cost him a super bowl...

Say what you want about Braylon he would have been a much better option than plax...and cheaper...and we won with Braylon...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    That was a great play, period.

Only WR on our team that could even make that catch just on athletic ability alone is maybe Stephen Hill......

I just don't understand not taking Braylon for the league minimum......He wanted to be a Jet
    Why do you believe this? The jets broke his heart by choosing Holmes. IMO He would have come back if he ran out of options but that it. As Soon as he healed he went on his tour.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    There were always rumblings that his DWI in season rubbed some teammates the wrong way, and it's possible him and Holmes didn't see eye to eye, so if either of the things are true(no clue if they are) I can see why they didn't after last years locker room issues.
    Braylon > Holmes .... I would have ejected Holmes if that was the case. Another note .. This would have NEVER happened as a Jet ... When was the last time you saw Sanchez throw a bomb to a receiver that had one on one coverage deep ? 2010 ?
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-12-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Braylon > Holmes .... I would have ejected Holmes if that was the case. Another note .. This would have NEVER happened as a Jet ... When was the last time you saw Sanchez throw a bomb to a receiver that had one on one coverage deep ? 2010 ?
    The last time he had a deep threat akak Braylon was on the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing what a beast Braylon is yet no team wanted him until a desperate Seahawk team that also signed a 38 year old TO.

This thread is hysterical.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 08-12-2012 at 08:51 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Amazing what a beast Braylon is yet no team wanted him until a desperate Seahawk team that also signed a 38 year old TO.

This thread is hysterical.
    And you just made it even more hilarious ... Why can't anyone voice their opinion without blind fanboys calling them out .... Why do I care ... Hahahaha

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Where's Vin at?

Too angry to post or does he just not come around here anymore?
    I'm waiting for the season to start.

The Mets suck, The Devils season is far away(and may be further away if there's a lockout), and I don't give a rat's ass about Basketball.

I'm expecting Stephen Hill to be the Beast I expect him to be. Of course, if the O-line would hold up and give him a shot to go downfield, that would help his development.

Kind of comical how I, of all people, have moved on from Braylon. Yet here we are with more BE threads still....I might've unintentionally started a movement here. lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm waiting for the season to start.

The Mets suck, The Devils season is far away(and may be further away if there's a lockout), and I don't give a rat's ass about Basketball.

I'm expecting Stephen Hill to be the Beast I expect him to be. Of course, if the O-line would hold up and give him a shot to go downfield, that would help his development.

Kind of comical how I, of all people, have moved on from Braylon. Yet here we are with more BE threads still....I might've unintentionally started a movement here. lol.
    I'll admit it ... I'm still pissed about the Holmes selection over Edwards ... I get that he was injured, but I still wish we kept him. He played hard and seemingly energized the team ... I can't stand the Santonio 1st down antics ... It's selfish and does nothing to pump the team up. Anyway ... At least I can admit that my judgement is clouded on this issue ... But I still am bitter about it.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-12-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...-to-catch-a-TD

I'll never forgive you for this one Tanny and Rex.

Good luck Braylon.
    We don't know if it was their decision not to sign him...It could have been Woody's. It could be Woody is willing to give players a "2nd chance" but if you F that chance up and give his team a black eye and are expendable (no major cap implications) you are done with his team

The Jets have given players that have issued with other teams a chance with them. But BE seems to be the only player that came to the Jets and then F'up again...

Holmes hasn't tested positive for weed with the Jets..

Just a thought

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    We don't know if it was their decision not to sign him...It could have been Woody's. It could be Woody is willing to give players a "2nd chance" but if you F that chance up and give his team a black eye and are expendable (no major cap implications) you are done with his team

The Jets have given players that have issued with other teams a chance with them. But BE seems to be the only player that came to the Jets and then F'up again...

Holmes hasn't tested positive for weed with the Jets..

Just a thought

Excuse me but at this point, Woody's opinion to me doesn't mean jack considering he's more worried about making the back-pages instead of WINNING Football games.

While I agree that it most likely was his decision, I'm not going to act like the man did it because he wanted to "improve" the football team.

Case in point : Holmes signed for ridiculous money...Signed Plax last year.....now signed Tebow......

Oh yeah....he sure wants to win Football games, that guy.
    Last edited by Vin; 08-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Excuse me but at this point, Woody's opinion to me doesn't mean jack at this point considering he's more worried about making the back-pages instead of WINNING Football games.

While I agree that it most likely was his decision, I'm not going to act like the man did it because he wanted to "improve" the football team.

Case in point : Holmes signed for ridiculous money...Signed Plax last year.....now signed Tebow...... Oh yeah.

He sure wants to win Football games, that guy.
    Excuse me. But I can post my opinion or thought.

And I never said it had anything to do with teams performance in mind. It could be that is just Woody's standard way/belief of doing things.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad Braylon doesn't bolster the backpage Jet fodder.. He'd probably still be here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'll admit it ... I'm still pissed about the Holmes selection over Edwards ... I get that he was injured, but I still wish we kept him. He played hard and seemingly energized the team ... I can't stand the Santonio 1st down antics ... It's selfish and does nothing to pump the team up. Anyway ... At least I can admit that my judgement is clouded on this issue ... But I still am bitter about it.
    I actually also preferred Braylon over Santonio. He and Sanchez seemed to have a chemistry together. That said, I think it is telling that the 49ers cut Edwards rather then IRing him and Braylon garnered very little interest in Free Agency. At this point I think the Jets are better off moving on. I like Hill a lot, though it remains to be seen how quickly he develops in his rookie year.