Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Jets have ugliest uniforms in the league now: thanks Nike/Woody

  1. #1

    Jets have ugliest uniforms in the league now: thanks Nike/Woody

    I just had a chance to watch Friday's game for the first time. We look absolutely atrocious in those paneled tops with the teletubby pouch. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I did not see it.

    The more I watched, the more I realized it's not even worth my time to dig up screenshots and put a decent effort behind organizing my thoughts.

    We look good in the matte part -- let's keep consistent and go all matte. Or, we look good in all mesh like last year's -- let's keep consistent and go all mesh.

    You know what doesn't work?

    Looking like a four-square court. Looking like every one of our players has an excessively sweaty midriff and armpits.

    To the fan, we look like a complete fashion wreck. To the other team, we look un-intimidating, like a damn bunch of kangaroos or teletubbies. To our own team, we look excessively sweaty and out of shape.

    I don't see how anyone benefits from this situation, aside from Nike who pitched some new hideous experimental design to the Jets, and Woody who was stupid enough to sign off on it.



    Woody, WTF is this???

  2. #2
    Everyone team has that, you derp.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Not watching the Seahawks game, huh?

  4. #4
    I have not had a chance to watch football all weekend so I have not been watching other games closely. If every team does have it, then it certainly isn't the organization to blame then, I apologize.

    From the highlights I've seen of other games it did not stand out to me, perhaps green on dark green is one of the worst combos to have it for. No idea what Nike is thinking making this a league wide mandate. But at least we're not the only ones looking terrible. Sorry for the misplaced ire.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Not watching the Seahawks game, huh?
    I actually like the Seawhawks unis.....Call me crazy

  6. #6
    Just wondering am I the only one that really doesn't care what the Unis look like? I have read so many comments on this. Honestly I barely noticed or cared.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I have not had a chance to watch football all weekend so I have not been watching other games closely. If every team does have it, then it certainly isn't the organization to blame then, I apologize.

    From the highlights I've seen of other games it did not stand out to me, perhaps green on dark green is one of the worst combos to have it for. No idea what Nike is thinking making this a league wide mandate. But at least we're not the only ones looking terrible. Sorry for the misplaced ire.
    It's not just the jerseys themselves, though. It gets really bad when the players start sweating. Dang near turns the teletubby patch and the sides blue/black.

    Some teams don't have it as bad (Vikes, Broncos, etc), but then there are teams like us and the 49ers that it looks pretty terrible. The problem seems to only be with the home jerseys since the sweat doesn't darken the white away jerseys (from what I can tell).

    Hopefully Nike and the NFL will do something about this next year, but you never know.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I actually like the Seawhawks unis.....Call me crazy
    I like them more than the ones from last year, the shade of blue is better, but all blue with the green is too much for me. I saw a pic of what must be an alternate, and they have silver pants, and those are pretty sweet.

  9. #9






    Those are just a few samples. We're not the only ones dealing with ugly jerseys. At least our design isn't crap.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I just had a chance to watch Friday's game for the first time. We look absolutely atrocious in those paneled tops with the teletubby pouch. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I did not see it.

    The more I watched, the more I realized it's not even worth my time to dig up screenshots and put a decent effort behind organizing my thoughts.

    We look good in the matte part -- let's keep consistent and go all matte. Or, we look good in all mesh like last year's -- let's keep consistent and go all mesh.

    You know what doesn't work?

    Looking like a four-square court. Looking like every one of our players has an excessively sweaty midriff and armpits.

    To the fan, we look like a complete fashion wreck. To the other team, we look un-intimidating, like a damn bunch of kangaroos or teletubbies. To our own team, we look excessively sweaty and out of shape.

    I don't see how anyone benefits from this situation, aside from Nike who pitched some new hideous experimental design to the Jets, and Woody who was stupid enough to sign off on it.



    Woody, WTF is this???
    And Woody did what to change the uniforms?

    What changed other than different materials were used by Nike to make the unis more comfortable?

    Oh wait, how you perceive the unis to look on TV is much more important, what were we thinking.

    Then again you're tag line calls for the ugly middle ages unis over our classic original unifrom.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-12-2012 at 01:50 AM.

  11. #11
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0


    It hit the Patriots too, we're not alone here.

    SAR I

  12. #12
    Only team not affected by this is the Cowboys, who only wear their white uniforms. Nike has to figure out a way to match the colors on the different fabrics.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,820
    I like the hi-tech mismatched panel look.


    Last edited by jetrider; 08-14-2012 at 01:50 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Only team not affected by this is the Cowboys, who only wear their white uniforms. Nike has to figure out a way to match the colors on the different fabrics.
    The problem seems to be more how the fabrics reflect light differently than the actual color.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And Woody did what to change the uniforms?

    What changed other than different materials were used by Nike to make the unis more comfortable?

    Oh wait, how you perceive the unis to look on TV is much more important, what were we thinking.

    Then again you're tag line calls for the ugly middle ages unis over our classic original unifrom.
    You lead a sad, sad life, and I kind of feel bad for you. Notice all the intelligent other people having a discussion. In every thread you post in, your first contribution is always to call the original poster a moron for even starting the discussion. And then you pollute it with "you're" own illiteracy...

    I've never ignored anyone on these forums before (it's quite silly) but it's about to start with you my friend.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Only team not affected by this is the Cowboys, who only wear their white uniforms. Nike has to figure out a way to match the colors on the different fabrics.
    I'm sure it has to do with ventilation; the matte tops look very un-breathable.

    I wouldn't be opposed to a matte top and mesh all the way around the bottom. Creating four distinct squares of mesh is ridiculous, especially when sweat-dampened mesh is drastically darker than the dry mesh.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    You lead a sad, sad life, and I kind of feel bad for you. Notice all the intelligent other people having a discussion. In every thread you post in, your first contribution is always to call the original poster a moron for even starting the discussion. And then you pollute it with "you're" own illiteracy...

    I've never ignored anyone on these forums before (it's quite silly) but it's about to start with you my friend.

    Really, I called you a moron?

    Maybe you need to study a little harder?

    I asked how and what Woody did to change the uniforms. And yes, I find it ridiculous that people are so wrapped up by the change in materials of the uniforms that we needed multiple threads dealing with this topic

    You just called yourself a moron though, I didn't, congrats.

    And trust me on this, in no way do I lead a sad life. That you get this worked up over a league wide uniform change that you had to start a thread and then accuse the owner of having a hand in this, then went after me for no reason says more for your existence than mine.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-12-2012 at 04:51 AM.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,175
    Rabble!!!

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Im more interested in the persons wearing the unis than the unis.

    No uni in NFL history was as ugly as those hideous electric disco green duds with the matching green helmets from the 80s that symbolized the rock bottom Kotite era for the Jets

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us