Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Bengals message board thread discussing trading for vlad

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm just wondering where the severe anti-Sanchez thing you got going on is from. You have a sig dedicated to it and everything. I'm looking for a technical answer if you have one (arm strength, accuracy, blah blah blah).

    Seems like its personal, almost.
    I don't think he's a good QB, I don't think he's accurate, I don't think he has a strong arm. None of that has anything to do with me bashing him, it's just my honest opinion, and actually those are facts. Other people think Bart Scott can't run, Holmes is selfish, or Tebow can't throw.

  2. #22
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Can't stop staring at your sig.
    Um, me too.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please, there are plenty of threads for Tebow/Sanchez fights.

    You guys are missing the point. Somebody wants Ducasse!!!!!

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I don't think he's a good QB, I don't think he's accurate, I don't think he has a strong arm. None of that has anything to do with me bashing him, it's just my honest opinion, and actually those are facts. Other people think Bart Scott can't run, Holmes is selfish, or Tebow can't throw.
    So you want the guy who's much worse at QB, who's less accurate, who has no more arm strength and less pocket presence?

    Those are facts.

    But in what world do two wrongs make a right?

  5. #25
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our QB isn't the problem. The OL is. And the WRs are a concern. And the damage that Schotty and an underachieving OL laid down is also a concern.

    Look, if Mark has all day to pass and passes into coverage or misses his WRs, then he sucks. We saw it sometimes last season, but this is a new year and a new OC. That is something to see as this year progresses. I don't see that as often as him getting rushed.

    What I see more is him having no time to read his progressions, and when he does, the WRs are fairly well blanketed. Being rushed or worse yet, scrambling and then throwing off-balance with pass rushers breathing down your back is not good for any QB. Not even HOF ones.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 08-12-2012 at 11:23 AM.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Please, there are plenty of threads for Tebow/Sanchez fights.

    You guys are missing the point. Somebody wants Ducasse!!!!!
    ^This^ How the hell could they turn it into a QB thread? Mods!

    He he... signed up for the site to encourage them but they are not responding with a logon.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Please, there are plenty of threads for Tebow/Sanchez fights.

    You guys are missing the point. Somebody wants Ducasse!!!!!
    Hahahahahah ... My thought precisely ... Golden.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post
    Hahah, personal?
    Maybe it's the fact that 2009 & 2010 seasons were the best chances for the Jets to win a Super Bowl in a long time. The Defense was rock solid, and the Offensive Line was something to right home about. Now neither is true.
    Maybe it's about missed opportunity because 'some' fans watched Sanchez blow that opportunity like Mike Tyson with a 10 million dollar payday,but made excuses for him time & again.
    I'm not a lifelong Jet's fan like some of you....but I get it.

    If you consider 11 men on offense, in 2009 / 10 there were 10 solid players going to get a ring after 40 years. One man got in the way.
    Wow, I need some coffee.
    I totally disagree with this. We lost in 09 because because our running game took a knee. Not because of Sanchez. And it was his rookie year.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I totally disagree with this. We lost in 09 because because our running game took a knee. Not because of Sanchez. And it was his rookie year.
    Agreed. I still think if Greene doesn't get hurt we win. Colts had no answer for him. This feeds my current disdain for Greene.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is priceless, a thread about a comment on a Bengals message board about Vlad turns out to be a fight about Sanchez/Tebow. No surprise seeing Daballhawk in the middle of it again.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I totally disagree with this. We lost in 09 because because our running game took a knee. Not because of Sanchez. And it was his rookie year.
    Look, I'm not saying that 09 was Sanchez's fault. You're right...when has a rookie quarterback ever won a super bowl? Never. But I still think he had the best chance to be the first. The tough part is that he seems to be going downhill from there.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Please, there are plenty of threads for Tebow/Sanchez fights.

    You guys are missing the point. Somebody wants Ducasse!!!!!
    Yeah, some poster on a Bengals board who's judging him entirely on his work in the Bengals game. A poster who thinks he started for us last year.

  13. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post
    Hahah, personal?
    Maybe it's the fact that 2009 & 2010 seasons were the best chances for the Jets to win a Super Bowl in a long time. The Defense was rock solid, and the Offensive Line was something to right home about. Now neither is true.
    Maybe it's about missed opportunity because 'some' fans watched Sanchez blow that opportunity like Mike Tyson with a 10 million dollar payday,but made excuses for him time & again.
    I'm not a lifelong Jet's fan like some of you....but I get it.

    If you consider 11 men on offense, in 2009 / 10 there were 10 solid players going to get a ring after 40 years. One man got in the way.
    Wow, I need some coffee.
    Get an effin' clue. Sanchez "blew" those chances? Watch the games...... Sanchez was the only bright spot, in BOTH AFCCGs. The amount of bullsh*t revisionist history that some people spout out, is utterly ridiculous. I can't tell if they're ignorant...... or just stupid.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post
    Hahah, personal?
    Maybe it's the fact that 2009 & 2010 seasons were the best chances for the Jets to win a Super Bowl in a long time. The Defense was rock solid, and the Offensive Line was something to right home about. Now neither is true.
    Maybe it's about missed opportunity because 'some' fans watched Sanchez blow that opportunity like Mike Tyson with a 10 million dollar payday,but made excuses for him time & again.
    I'm not a lifelong Jet's fan like some of you....but I get it.

    If you consider 11 men on offense, in 2009 / 10 there were 10 solid players going to get a ring after 40 years. One man got in the way.
    Wow, I need some coffee.
    Here's my issue with this argument.

    The Jets went to the AFC championship game in 2009. The Colts were 14-2 and the Jets beat them in the regular season. Plus, Sanchez played well in the playoffs.

    So, while Sanchez was terrible in 2009 at times. Your argument then boils down to "The Jets would have been 5 games better without Sanchez, and thus would have had a home game against the Colts" I don't buy that at all.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods please sticky my thread so it can be used all season for tebow/Sanchez debate. Any poster that discuss tebow/Sanchez in any other thread should be banned for 1 week. It should be easy to find since its labelled "Bengals message board discussing trading for Vlad". Thank you.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another team sees something in Ducasse?? We need as many new faces on offense as we can get. Go for it!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us