Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengals message board thread discussing trading for vlad

All League

Bengals message board thread discussing trading for vlad

Geez that place is sillier than here

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=100895

Can't stop staring at your sig.

Unlike the people here they know what they are talking about and they DON'T want Ducasse.

But I'll take a twinkie in return if we can make that trade happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Vlad for AJ. Straight up.

Somebody wants Vlad? Could we get like a 6th round pick for him?

Too bad no front office is actually that stupid.

All Pro
    This is the original post :

We know that teams like to trade with other teams they play in pre-season (basically you get to see the trade prospects in action). So how about we give up a WR for Vladimir Ducasse, former 2nd rounder (though he's only had one start) a shot? He lost his starting spot to Matt Slauson.

In college Ducasse played OT, but definitely could run block and was competent in pass pro as well. Word from Jets fans is he played well last year, can play both guard spots, and was injured for some of the time, but also played through some of the injury.

This could be win-win for both teams. We have too many good WRs who can catch the ball while covered. The Jets seem to have some need at WR, especially for those WR #4-6 spots.
    Lost his starting spot?

Played well last year? Was injured / played through it? I think they're getting Slauson and Vlad confused.

At least one guy gets it ...

Yeah.......I'm not sure you understand how bad Ducasse has been for the Jets.

I suggest checking out a Jets message board before throwing our 3rd Rd pick away.

Id move Ducasse for Shipley in a second....would help out both teams.

From the long offensive line evaluation thread, seems caleb played very well at guard and that slauson will be the backup center in case mangold gets hurt, so vlad really is expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Unlike the people here they know what they are talking about and they DON'T want Ducasse.

But I'll take a twinkie in return if we can make that trade happen.
    Wats with the severe Sanchez bashing? Your sig, I mean?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You're not new here right?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Vlad for AJ. Straight up.
    Vlad for Mohammed Sanu straight up.

All League
    Weed need a tackle or linebacker if we make a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    You're not new here right?
    It's been getting worse. I just don't get what fans want sometimes by behaving like that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Vlad for Mohammed Sanu straight up.
    one of their posters did suggest that. i'd do that in a heartbeat!

Bashing players is what people do here. Why speak up now? Did you miss the hundreds of threads bashing other players?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Bashing players is what people do here. Why speak up now? Did you miss the hundreds of threads bashing other players?
    I'm just wondering where the severe anti-Sanchez thing you got going on is from. You have a sig dedicated to it and everything. I'm looking for a technical answer if you have one (arm strength, accuracy, blah blah blah).

Seems like its personal, almost.

All League
    They can be Anti Sanchez all they want. The hard cold facts for them is that Mark is the starting QB and has no competent challengers

I'm just wondering where the severe anti-Sanchez thing you got going on is from. You have a sig dedicated to it and everything. I'm looking for a technical answer if you have one (arm strength, accuracy, blah blah blah).

Seems like its personal, almost.
    Hahah, personal?
    Maybe it's the fact that 2009 & 2010 seasons were the best chances for the Jets to win a Super Bowl in a long time. The Defense was rock solid, and the Offensive Line was something to right home about. Now neither is true.
    Maybe it's about missed opportunity because 'some' fans watched Sanchez blow that opportunity like Mike Tyson with a 10 million dollar payday,but made excuses for him time & again.
    I'm not a lifelong Jet's fan like some of you....but I get it.

If you consider 11 men on offense, in 2009 / 10 there were 10 solid players going to get a ring after 40 years. One man got in the way.
    Wow, I need some coffee.

The Jets will not trade Vlad, I'm not in agreement but the Jets seem firm in their belief. What they could do is trade Slauson (looked good at Center) who is in the last year of his contract For the Bengals reserve RT Dennis Roland. Roland is a 6'9 325 five year veteran with 16 starts over the last three seasons, would be an immediate upgrade over Hunter, and will be a Free Agent in 2013. The bengals throw in a middle round pick in 2013, IMO it works for both teams

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    They can be Anti Sanchez all they want. The hard cold facts for them is that Mark is the starting QB and has no competent challengers
    No way, Macleroy looked awesome!!!! Look at the way he held onto the ball on the wayyyy dooowwwwwnnn.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post
    No way, Macleroy looked awesome!!!! Look at the way he held onto the ball on the wayyyy dooowwwwwnnn.....
    Funny, because the pro-Sanchez crowd would point to the oline not giving Sanchez enough time to throw and yet would be quick to say that McElroy was flatout terrible.

Truthfully, although not as talented, if you watch and understand football, you can see there's a flow/command to McElroy's game that is sadly still missing from Mark's.

we're f'd.