Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rex Presser 8/12

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Right. Considering I was posting the tweets on here. as usual you are just trying to start a 4 page argument

Whatever grouchy old man. Enjoy the 2012 season. You aren't worth the time.
    Listen, there were posters elsewhere who used the vanilla offense as an excuse.

I WASN'T REFERRING TO YOU.

Ask DDNY who he was referencing when he said it. I guarantee you it wasn't you.

Stop being a sensitive little girl.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    C Mart do not let that wacko bother you! Please keep posting the tweets and let the J/O fight because its all he can do . He never posts Jets info. Screw him!
    LOL. Did you lose your binky?

CMart started in on me. I wasn't even talkng about ANYTHING he said. You both need to grow a pair!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    C Mart do not let that wacko bother you! Please keep posting the tweets and let the J/O fight because its all he can do . He never posts Jets info. Screw him!
    KJ, Its all good! no problem here. Thanks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. Because YOU overreacted.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOOD! This board needs more guys like you and none like him!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep up the great job of providing us with useful info, CMart

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOOD! This board needs more guys like you and none like him!
    In other words, you want the board to be one giant circle jerk.

We all know that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    keep up the great job of providing us with useful info, CMart
    Hey, I appreciate his work in posting tweets as much as anyone.

I don't appreciate him attacking what I say because he doesn't agree with it nor do I appreciate him getting defensive about something I said because he THINKS it was about him. Not everything is about HIM just because it's in "his" thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So how many touchdowns did Tebow throw exactly?

You know I really wish the Jets would stop messing around, and get 100% behind the spread option and just RUN with it. There's simply too few weapons and horrible pass protection to be a passing team even when Holmes gets on the field.

Besides, when the entire NFL is going pass happy, it's NOT the worse idea to have a run-first, pass-second offense. Go against the grain. The Jets will get much further with a run/pass O than a mediocre passing offense when the entire NFL has elite level passing with elite level QB's. It's not rocket science. Common sense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    So how many touchdowns did Tebow throw exactly?

You know I really wish the Jets would stop messing around, and get 100% behind the spread option and just RUN with it. There's simply too few weapons and horrible pass protection to be a passing team even when Holmes gets on the field.

Besides, when the entire NFL is going pass happy, it's NOT the worse idea to have a run-first, pass-second offense. Go against the grain. The Jets will get much further with a run/pass O than a mediocre passing offense when the entire NFL has elite level passing with elite level QB's. It's not rocket science. Common sense.
    I don't disagree with your premise.

The problem is, they don't have the horses to do either one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Did Sanchez complete/throw any long passes? I'm serious. Tebow made at least two (50yd TD to Hill & 30yd to Baker I believe) so I'm wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    This is the guy who says he never starts this ****.
    it's true though. all we ever hear is of the long TD passes Tebow completes. is sanchez doing anything? after all, he is the 1st team QB correct?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    it's true though. all we ever hear is of the long TD passes Tebow completes. is sanchez doing anything? after all, he is the 1st team QB correct?
    And I assume that Sanchez is going up against the 1st team defense.

Is Tebow?

I mean, the Bengals 3rd string offense was beating Trufant with ease.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Sanchez 7-for-15 today with a sack, TD and INT. Tebow 9-for-12 with 2 sacks and a rushing TD.

Those are the final 11 on 11 numbers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I will say that Tebow looked better throwing the ball on Friday than he did for most of last season.

It was against the 2nd string, but the ball was coming out better, and he's usually terrible for his first 5 throws or so.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Sanchez 7-for-15 today with a sack, TD and INT. Tebow 9-for-12 with 2 sacks and a rushing TD.

Those are the final 11 on 11 numbers.

Skip Bayless said Tebow was a terrible practice player so those numbers can't be right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure Hill is our starter.
    And we've seen this happen in camp multiple times when Tebow connected with Hill who burned Revis and Cromartie.

Besides, that has nothing to do with anything. I want Sanchez to take some shots downfield, it's not about completing all of them. Why don't they do that? Are they afraid he might throw a pick in practice? Who gives a ****?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe both Royce Pollard and Raymond Webber may make the final cut.Holmes,Hill,Kerley,Turner,and White.Its not too difficult to believe JETS may carry Seven wide receivers especially if they dont trade for one very soon.Pollard can return kick offs and Webber has the size to possibly be the gunner.This weekend will tell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano said Howard, Hunter rotated at RT with 1st team b/c trainers have Hunter (back) on pitch count. Jets coaches love that phrase.

Sparano praised Tebow for a few nice hot throws. Checked out of run for 1st completion to Hill. 12-yard throw to McKnight also a hot.

Sparano offers a different response when asked if Wildcat could be used when protection struggles, saying, "I don't see that scenario."

Sparano's been mum on Wildcat plans, but he doesn't mind Rex telling opponents to prepare for it. "The how is the question," he said

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Vrentas: Jets defense stops Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow in two-minute drill

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The Jets defense got the best of the offense in the two-minute drill during today's practice.

Both the first and second-team offense were given the ball at their own 34-yard line, with 1:25 on the clock. Neither unit was able to score.

Mark Sanchez and the first team offense stalled after seven plays, when a deep fourth-down pass fell incomplete. The intended target appeared to be TE Dustin Keller, but he appeared to stop his route. Sanchez was 2-of-5 on the drive, and was sacked once by OLB Calvin Pace.

Back-up quarterback Tim Tebow got the drive off to a good start with a completion of about 32 yards to TE Jeff Cumberland, but the play was called back because of holding. The second team's drive ended on back to back sacks by DL Marcus Dixon. Tebow was 2-for-2 on that drive, with the two sacks.

The situational work continued later, when the first-team offense ran three straight fourth down plays with 5, 7 and 9 yards to go. Sanchez was 0-for-3 in that period, including a drop by WR Stephen Hill and an interception snagged by CB Kyle Wilson.

In a red-zone period, Sanchez connected on a 12-yard touchdown to Keller. Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano then called for Tebow to come in with the first-team unit. Tebow connected underneath with Patrick Turner, but he was scolded because it was an all-or-nothing drill with one chance to score. Tebow threw an incomplete pass on his next chance.

Sanchez finished the day 7-of-15 with a sack, touchdown and interception in 11-on-11 drills. Tebow was 9-of-12 with two sacks and a rushing touchdown. Tebow's touchdown capped a 10-play drive, appearing to be a designed run to the outside on third-and-2 for about 25 yards.

In 7-on-7 team drills, Tebow was intercepted by Wilson on a deflection off Bilal Powell's hands, but rebounded by throwing a 51-yd TD to Hill on the next play.

Third-string QB Greg McElroy threw what might be his nicest pass of camp, a 47-yarder to WR Wes Kemp. He also connected with WR Eron Riley, who beat CB Ryan Steed, for a 60-yard touchdown

Other notes from today's practice:
    ++ Wayne Hunter (back) rotated at right tackle with Austin Howard, who has been impressing the coaches. But Sparano said they rotated reps because Hunter is on a pitch count. Howard was in for the two-minute drive, likely because they did not want to strain Hunter's injury.

++ S LaRon Landry (Achilles/heel) appeared to do a full practice opposite Yeremiah Bell. Eric Smith, who is day-to-day with an MCL sprain, hung out on the practice field in a baseball cap, wearing a compression sleeve and walking around gingerly.

++ WR Jeremy Kerley (hamstring) fielded punts today. WRs Santonio Holmes (ribs) and Chaz Schilens (ankle) did not practice. Also in the rehab group were OLB Ricky Sapp (ankle) and T Stephon Heyer. NT Sione Po'uha, who has been sidelined with forehead and back injuries, was not out on the practice field for what the team says was a medical reason.

++ RB Joe McKnight hobbled off the practice field after a carry, favoring his left leg.

++ Powell, who has drawn praise from the coaches for his pass protection ability, delivered a nice block on LB Garrett McIntyre so Tebow could get off a pass to Raymond Webber. It was a third-down play that kept alive Tebow's touchdown drive. Powell is also used as the back with the first-team offense in the two-minute drill.

++ In the kicking competition, Nick Folk was 4-for-4 today with a long of 46. Josh Brown was 3-of-5, with two misses from 51 yards.

++ The Jets waived punter Travis Baltz.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...rk_sanche.html