Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: This is the end of the Rex/ Tanny era

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    Raiders lost in the playoffs in 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1975. Why oh why didn't they dump that bum Madden????
    or Bills should have dumped Levy too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex deserves all the grief he is getting, even if you believe calling for his head is premature.

The Jets go into the 2010 AFCCG against a Steeler team that the Jets had just beaten a few weeks ago and the team comes out flat. That's 100% on Rex.

The team gets run over to start the game. That's on Rex.

Rex allows Schitty to use a crappy gameplan and does nothing while the goal line debacle is happening. That's on Rex.

Sanchez was hot the 2nd half. Had a lot of comeback victories that season. All the Jets needed was for Rex's vaunted defense to get ONE stop to give Sanchez the ball back. Rex is supposed to be a defensive genious. Stop Big Ben and you have a chance to go to the SB. The D utterly fails. That's on Rex.

Say what you want about him now, but in the biggest coaching game of his life Rex crapped the bed.

Now Jet fans have to hope that Rex will get the next biggest coaching game of his life and make amends.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    or Bills should have dumped Levy too.
    Those Buffalo teams were pretty much consensus all world teams during that five year stretch, dominating the AFC pretty much every year. Yes they failed in the Superbowl four times but that is hardly the same thing as backing into the playoffs as a wildcard twice, once as a 9-7 team with a lot of help, and then getting hot against flawed opponents.

Not the same thing at all.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    DiegoJetFan in 2007:

"Fire Tom Coughlin, he's won less than 50% of his games as a coach of the Giants"

DiegoJetFan i 2008:

"Fire Mike McCarthy, he's had one good season in three years"

DiegoJetFan in 2009

"Fire Sean Payton, he went 10-6 in his first season, but 7-9 and 8-8 in his last two years, he is a fool"

Rex Ryan has done more than enough good things to earn the benefit of the doubt. One mediocre season and one week of preseason doesn't make him a fool.

Also, who would you get to replace him (Don't say Bill Cowher, because there's no way you would be happy with his performance in his first few years)

Tannenbaum has been more mixed, but a "fool" is a little bit much. The big issue, I believe, is that the Jets re-signed all of the Core 4 (Brick, Mangold, Revis, and Harris) + Cromartie, Sanchez, and Holmes, which left them somewhat limited otherwise when it came to salary cap decisions.

Stop overreacting.
    Yes, I have noticed - and I have no idea how many times that I have posted this - that Jets fans always demand to fire management/coaching staffs and cut and players WAY too prematurely most of the time. This is the NFL, it takes time to build a competitor, and it is never wise to be too hgigh after a good season and too low after a bad one. I think the NY media pushes this drivel and the rest of the media and fans buy into it. Give them time, sheesh. I know, I think we need help on the OL too and we have a few other question marks (what teams don't?), but sheesh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Rex deserves all the grief he is getting, even if you believe calling for his head is premature.

The Jets go into the 2010 AFCCG against a Steeler team that the Jets had just beaten a few weeks ago and the team comes out flat. That's 100% on Rex.

The team gets run over to start the game. That's on Rex.

Rex allows Schitty to use a crappy gameplan and does nothing while the goal line debacle is happening. That's on Rex.

Sanchez was hot the 2nd half. Had a lot of comeback victories that season. All the Jets needed was for Rex's vaunted defense to get ONE stop to give Sanchez the ball back. Rex is supposed to be a defensive genious. Stop Big Ben and you have a chance to go to the SB. The D utterly fails. That's on Rex.

Say what you want about him now, but in the biggest coaching game of his life Rex crapped the bed.

Now Jet fans have to hope that Rex will get the next biggest coaching game of his life and make amends.
    Please just go root for YOUR True Blue G-men and kindly leave Jet fans alone

Thankd

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Yes, I have noticed - and I have no idea how many times that I have posted this - that Jets fans always demand to fire management/coaching staffs and cut and players WAY too prematurely most of the time. This is the NFL, it takes time to build a competitor, and it is never wise to be too hgigh after a good season and too low after a bad one. I think the NY media pushes this drivel and the rest of the media and fans buy into it. Give them time, sheesh. I know, I think we need help on the OL too and we have a few other question marks (what teams don't?), but sheesh.
    Fair enough but going into the 7th year as a GM is quite a long run. If he goes this year and then next year without significant improvement then 8 whole seasons is hardly premature anything.

Parcells has us tracking from year 1 and one of the top teams in the AFC after year 3.

How long is "premature" in your mind again?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Ryan as a Chile

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Jet Fan View Post
    THIS IS THE END

Turnstyle, Cotch, Braylan, these mistakes
    will cost both men their jobs.

It was fun, Tanny did the best he could w/o
    any football knowledge, Rex was a blast
    for two years before he made three of worst
    player decisions in the history of the game.

I'm sick of Rex, I'm sick of Tanny, both
    men are fools, they have proven that,
    I hope Woody finds capable replacements,
    and I believe he will.
    You sound like a disgruntled poster with multiple banned accounts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Jet Fan View Post
    THIS IS THE END

Turnstyle, Cotch, Braylan, these mistakes
    will cost both men their jobs.

It was fun, Tanny did the best he could w/o
    any football knowledge, Rex was a blast
    for two years before he made three of worst
    player decisions in the history of the game.

I'm sick of Rex, I'm sick of Tanny, both
    men are fools, they have proven that,
    I hope Woody finds capable replacements,
    and I believe he will.

Where's the Doors soundtrack?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Some people are too stupid to understand this.

You overachieve to win 2 road games, as underdogs in each game to get to the AFCCG, but give him no credit for getting you there.

Just blame him for losing games on the road as underdogs in each.

This is the resume of the man you fire.

If you are a moron you do.
    Most people don't get it, you are right Jet Nut. These are most likely the same people that make noise when our Offense is on the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Most people don't get it, you are right Jet Nut. These are most likely the same people that make noise when our Offense is on the field.
    What is wrong with making noise when the offense is on the field, you just don't make noise when the qb is under center.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Where's the Doors soundtrack?

Good point...I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbiPDSxFgd8

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Please just go root for YOUR True Blue G-men and kindly leave Jet fans alone

Thankd

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    I think you are offensive, and I know offensive. There is no line in the sand here, so stop pissing off the posters. You don't speak for anyone outside of your skin.

I'm not ****ing around.

I have your scent now.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What is wrong with making noise when the offense is on the field, you just don't make noise when the qb is under center.
    Yeah, that's what that means sorry I didn't spell it out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Now we're getting if you play the Steelers, in Pitt, 2x's, both as underdogs and win the first but lose the second, its on Rex.

The D, the psychy of the team, the O game plan, blah, blah, blah.

As dumb as this all is, hey, ignore that he got a far from perfect team to 11-5 and road wins, as underdogs, to get there.

Hey think even moron Pats fans were calling for BBs head after the jets beat the pats?

Or after the inferior Coughlin beat the Pats 2xs with an inferior Giants squad?

What people also don't get is that you need continuity. That changing HCs every few years is what losing teams do. Changing HCs, staffs, philosophies and then the roster to fit that philosophy doesnt work.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-13-2012 at 06:23 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the gay community had a thread...this would be it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Or this one. There's a long intro before he sings 'This is the end'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQ...eature=related
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 08-13-2012 at 09:54 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Fair enough but going into the 7th year as a GM is quite a long run. If he goes this year and then next year without significant improvement then 8 whole seasons is hardly premature anything.

Parcells has us tracking from year 1 and one of the top teams in the AFC after year 3.

How long is "premature" in your mind again?
    Go ahead and stack up our record against the rest of the league during those 7 years. Tell me how we do? Then stack it up against any other Jet GM. I've seen the alternative, and I really enjoy playing meaningful games in Dec every year. It makes my Christmas full of Jet stuff a lot more pleasant. I remember getting a leather Jet coat from my wife, and trying to smile many losing seasons. Now 28-20 over a coaches first three years + 4-2 in the post season is grounds for dismissal. Unbelievable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

Now 28-20 over a coaches first three years + 4-2 in the post season is grounds for dismissal. Unbelievable.
    If a coach loses his team he's got to go.

The history lesson means nothing today because we're talking about two distinctly different team personalities. Rex Ryan was the perfect coach off of Mangini's tight '08 regime, let the players loose and they responded. Now they're too loose and need to be reined back in. If you wrote a paragraph on the character of the '12 Jets and the type of head coach that group would need, Rex Ryan is most definitely not the name that comes to mind.

This team has some talent. They need a whip, not whipped cream.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Go ahead and stack up our record against the rest of the league during those 7 years. Tell me how we do? Then stack it up against any other Jet GM. I've seen the alternative, and I really enjoy playing meaningful games in Dec every year. It makes my Christmas full of Jet stuff a lot more pleasant. I remember getting a leather Jet coat from my wife, and trying to smile many losing seasons. Now 28-20 over a coaches first three years + 4-2 in the post season is grounds for dismissal. Unbelievable.
    We haven't even been good enough to win a division in more than a decade. Not even a division.

I am happy you have a nice Christmas with a 9-7 record. How was Christmas for you and your wife last year?