Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: This is the end of the Rex/ Tanny era

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Those Buffalo teams were pretty much consensus all world teams during that five year stretch, dominating the AFC pretty much every year. Yes they failed in the Superbowl four times but that is hardly the same thing as backing into the playoffs as a wildcard twice, once as a 9-7 team with a lot of help, and then getting hot against flawed opponents.

Not the same thing at all.
    What an awful post. You have no understanding of the term 'backing in', do you? The Jets may have caught a break in regards to Manning sitting out against the Jets, but that doesn't change the fact that NY won 5 of their last 6 games heading into the playoffs. The opposite of what you considered "backing in". You don't back in while going 5-1 during a 6 game stretch heading into the postseason. It's also hard to consider 11-5 as "backing into" anything. Now if the Jets were to make the playoffs last season at 9-7 after losing 3 consecutive heading into the playoffs, then you'd have the right to use the term "backing in".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaBayJet View Post
    What an awful post. You have no understanding of the term 'backing in', do you? The Jets may have caught a break in regards to Manning sitting out against the Jets, but that doesn't change the fact that NY won 5 of their last 6 games heading into the playoffs. The opposite of what you considered "backing in". You don't back in while going 5-1 during a 6 game stretch heading into the postseason. It's also hard to consider 11-5 as "backing into" anything. Now if the Jets were to make the playoffs last season at 9-7 after losing 3 consecutive heading into the playoffs, then you'd have the right to use the term "backing in".
    Seriously? In '09 Manning and the majority of Colts starters sit in the second half and the Bungles do the same the next week. Three or four teams in contention lost which allowed the jets to make the wild card with the Cincy win. None of those things happen and your team's on the couch watching the playoffs. That's textbook "backing in".

(And welcome back Philly Statz......)
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 08-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Seriously? In '09 Manning and the majority of Colts starters sit in the second half and the Bungles do the same the next week. Three or four teams in contention lost which allowed the jets to make the wild card with the Cincy win. None of those things happen and your team's on the couch watching the playoffs. That's textbook "backing in".

(And welcome back Philly Statz......)
    Colts were only up 4 when the starters were pulled...

Cincy started their 1's and watched them get murdered. Then pulled them. Then the Jets proceeded to show what would have happened by laying the smack down the following week...

Backing in is not beating a single team over .500 to enter the postseason too I guess... But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

18-1, still NY's *****. ****in Chowds... Worthless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Cincy started their 1's and watched them get murdered. Then pulled them. Then the Jets proceeded to show what would have happened by laying the smack down the following week...

Backing in is not beating a single team over .500 to enter the postseason too I guess... But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

+ 1000000000000, We kicked the Bungles asses, don't want to hear that bullshlt

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't expose yourself as foolish. How many of those teams would have been over .500 if they could only beat the Pats? I believe the answer was 7 or 8. Too lazy to look it up, but the point is spot on. (Hell, even the Jets make the playoffs if they didn't embarrass themselves twice against New England)

Colts beat you with Manning and starts playing a full game. 100% no doubt. 8-8 and you go home in January and Rex has only 1 legit winning season in 3 years (soon to be 4).
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 08-13-2012 at 11:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't expose yourself as foolish. How many of those teams would have been over .500 if they could only beat the Pats? I believe the answer was 7 or 8. Too lazy to look it up, but the point is spot on. (Hell, even the Jets make the playoffs if they didn't embarrass themselves twice against New England)

Colts beat you with Manning and starts playing a full game. 100% no doubt. 8-8 and you go home in January and Rex has only 1 legit winning season.
    Funny, not another mention of Cincy and the Colts outcome is an opinion of yours... 4 point leads don't mean ****...

Keep on trolling til your next ban chowd... Won't be long...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    + 1000000000000, We kicked the Bungles asses, don't want to hear that bullshlt
    Cincy had nothing to play for as they had already clinched their division. Don't kid yourself. They rolled over because they underestimated the Jets and wanted to face them in round 1. Total gimme game and complete lay down. Only worse lay down in recent memory in the NFL was the Colts the week earlier.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh stuff it. We were getting beat that game and we got in because the Colts decided to sit Manning and the rest their starters after half time. If they did not do that then we would have been 7-8 going in to week 17 and watching the playoffs looking in from the outside.

That is the very definition of backing in.

(a) Not good enough to win your own division

(b) Not good enough to take a wildcard spot by force of you own record.

(c) Not even good enough to take a "win and you are in" game by force. Instead you get in because the other team decides to rest everyone not on their practice squad.

(d) Nice spin on the 5-1 including the gift from the Colts and a bunch of other teams all of whom had losing records. The only legitimate win in the last six was in week 17 against the Bengals and it could be easily argued that they were firmly in "don't get injured" laying down mode for that game.

Backing

In.

Backing IN.

Being gifted a spot. Capiche?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cincy had nothing to play for as they had already clinched their division. Don't kid yourself. They rolled over because they underestimated the Jets and wanted to face them in round 1. Total gimme game and complete lay down. Only worse lay down in recent memory in the NFL was the Colts the week earlier.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, not another mention of Cincy and the Colts outcome is an opinion of yours... 4 point leads don't mean ****...

Keep on trolling til your next ban chowd... Won't be long...
    Funny, no mention of the several teams who lost (after your HC declared the season as a lost cause) which allowed the Jets into the playoffs by beating the Colt's scrubs and Bungles.

And just because you don't like hearing what I'm saying doesn't make it trolling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Oh stuff it. We were getting beat that game and we got in because the Colts decided to sit Manning and the rest their starters after half time. If they did not do that then we would have been 7-8 going in to week 17 and watching the playoffs looking in from the outside.

That is the very definition of backing in.

(a) Not good enough to win your own division

(b) Not good enough to take a wildcard spot by force of you own record.

(c) Not even good enough to take a "win and you are in" game by force. Instead you get in because the other team decides to rest everyone not on their practice squad.

(d) Nice spin on the 5-1 including the gift from the Colts and a bunch of other teams all of whom had losing records. The only legitimate win in the last six was in week 17 against the Bengals and it could be easily argued that they were firmly in "don't get injured" laying mode for that game.

Backing

In.

Backing IN.

Being gifted a spot. Capiche?
    Backing in means that you lose the last game/games and have other teams lose to allow you to get in. That's just what it means, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Capiche?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Backing in means that you lose the last game/games and have other teams lose to allow you to get in. That's just what it means, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Capiche?
    Other teams did lose in the weeks leading up to the playoffs or 9-7 would never even have qualified for a playoff spot. But don't let that interfere with your peculiar world view.

Like I said. backing in.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless, the Jets went 5-1 during their last 6 heading into the playoffs. Did we get lucky against the Colts in regards to Manning resting the second half? Maybe so, but then again, if we could eliminate Manning and the Colts from the playoffs on the road the following season, who's to say we don't knock them off only down 4 with an entire half to go? Regardless, the Jets went 5-1 during their last 6 games heading into the playoffs which is the complete opposite of "backing in".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, no mention of the several teams who lost (after your HC declared the season as a lost cause) which allowed the Jets into the playoffs by beating the Colt's scrubs and Bungles.

And just because you don't like hearing what I'm saying doesn't make it trolling.
    This guy.

"Sorry Honey. I can't come to bed. I'm too busy posting messages on the message board of team that I don't even like. Can't you get the garderner to take care of your 'needs'?"....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    This guy.

"Sorry Honey. I can't come to bed. I'm too busy posting messages on the message board of team that I don't even like. Can't you get the garderner to take care of your 'needs'?"....
    Sad, but possibly true.

"Hey daddy, I need help with my homework tonight".

"Shut up, and get in your room while you're at it, can't you see I'm too busy attacking the Jets fan base?!?".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad, but possibly true.

"Hey daddy, I need help with my homework tonight".

"Shut up, and get in your room while you're at it, can't you see I'm too busy attacking the Jets fan base?!?".

I certainly hope you can see the irony of your intended dis. FYI, my kids are all grown and have their own homes and careers. They left home and graduated college years ago. And yes, I helped each one with their homework for many years.

But YOU, Mr. TampaBayJet, ...er... DWC,... DWC2,... DWC3,...er... NY2FLDWC ...whatever, you DO have a little girl, yet you post here all day and night. Sometimes 2am, 3 am,and even 4 am. Ironical, no?

And just because I wrote something you disagree with (and your fellow Jet fan, EM31 also wrote) doesn't make it an "attack". Grow a pair.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 08-14-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Jet Fan View Post
    THIS IS THE END

Turnstyle, Cotch, Braylan, these mistakes
    will cost both men their jobs.

It was fun, Tanny did the best he could w/o
    any football knowledge, Rex was a blast
    for two years before he made three of worst
    player decisions in the history of the game.

I'm sick of Rex, I'm sick of Tanny, both
    men are fools, they have proven that,
    I hope Woody finds capable replacements,
    and I believe he will.
    Wow...pretty severe for the 1st pre-season game.

Let's wait until we get halfway through the season before we pull the rip cord of despair. This team might surprise you. If they fall on their faces, then there may be significant changes at the end of the season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on AGAW, that is totally ridiculous.

In the last 10 years, no team in the NFL has won more regular season games, playoff games and Super Bowls than the Pats.

In the last 5 years alone, they have averaged 13 wins per season.

You can only beat the teams on your schedule, and the Pats have consistently done that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless, the Jets went 5-1 during their last 6 heading into the playoffs. Did we get lucky against the Colts in regards to Manning resting the second half? Maybe so, but then again, if we could eliminate Manning and the Colts from the playoffs on the road the following season, who's to say we don't knock them off only down 4 with an entire half to go? Regardless, the Jets went 5-1 during their last 6 games heading into the playoffs which is the complete opposite of "backing in".
    We were down 4 because of Smith's kickoff return TD. Peyton had just shredded our D the drive before. The Colts were having their way with us from the line of scrimmage. Peyton had figured out the D and would have lit us up the 2nd half (as he later did in the playoff game). There was zero chance we were winning if they didn't put in the backups. The Colts were just a vastly superior team to us, as they proved all during the regular season and then again head to head in the AFC CG.

It's one thing to be a homer, another to be completely ignorant of the facts. Jet fans who act like we had a great chance to win that game are just embarrassing the fanbase.....
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 08-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.