Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: This is the end of the Rex/ Tanny era

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Seriously? In '09 Manning and the majority of Colts starters sit in the second half and the Bungles do the same the next week. Three or four teams in contention lost which allowed the jets to make the wild card with the Cincy win. None of those things happen and your team's on the couch watching the playoffs. That's textbook "backing in".

(And welcome back Philly Statz......)
    Nice job of rewriting history.

Manning left up by 4. He left, the majority of starters did not sit with him at that point.

And Cincy, when they were in a win and in situation, they pulled no one until the 2nd half. They were losing 27-0 at the half, hardly having a game and the playoffs handed to them.

Whatever works for you, keep stroking yourself troll

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on AGAW, that is totally ridiculous.

In the last 10 years, no team in the NFL has won more regular season games, playoff games and Super Bowls than the Pats.

In the last 5 years alone, they have averaged 13 wins per season.

You can only beat the teams on your schedule, and the Pats have consistently done that.
    In the last 5 years your team has been beaten 2x's in the SB by the other team from NY, missed the playoffs one year and lost their first playoff game, at home, 2xs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    In the last 5 years your team has been beaten 2x's in the SB by the other team from NY, missed the playoffs one year and lost their first playoff game, at home, 2xs.
    And exactly what have the Jets accomplished in the last 5 years?

0 Division titles
    0 Conference Championships
    0 Super Bowl titles

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, i'd gave my left nut for the Jets to have an identical last 5 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Oh stuff it. We were getting beat that game and we got in because the Colts decided to sit Manning and the rest their starters after half time. If they did not do that then we would have been 7-8 going in to week 17 and watching the playoffs looking in from the outside.

That is the very definition of backing in.

(a) Not good enough to win your own division

(b) Not good enough to take a wildcard spot by force of you own record.

(c) Not even good enough to take a "win and you are in" game by force. Instead you get in because the other team decides to rest everyone not on their practice squad.

(d) Nice spin on the 5-1 including the gift from the Colts and a bunch of other teams all of whom had losing records. The only legitimate win in the last six was in week 17 against the Bengals and it could be easily argued that they were firmly in "don't get injured" laying down mode for that game.

Backing

In.

Backing IN.

Being gifted a spot. Capiche?
    Only the most retarded of fans would conclude that winning 4 of your last 5 qualifies as backing in. This is as lame and stupid as it gets.

For icing we even need to conclude if you make the playoffs without winning the division, you've backed in. How stupid is this? The rules don't apply to our team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't read all the posts but is someone trying to argue that the Jets have had more success than the Pats over the past 5 or so years?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We were down 4 because of Smith's kickoff return TD. Peyton had just shredded our D the drive before. The Colts were having their way with us from the line of scrimmage. Peyton had figured out the D and would have lit us up the 2nd half (as he later did in the playoff game). There was zero chance we were winning if they didn't put in the backups. The Colts were just a vastly superior team to us, as they proved all during the regular season and then again head to head in the AFC CG.

It's one thing to be a homer, another to be completely ignorant of the facts. Jet fans who act like we had a great chance to win that game are just embarrassing the fanbase.....
    You ASSUME what WOULD have happened....... then call it FACT. That's pretty funny. What happened in the AFCCG had nothing to do with the other game. Did that same logic hold true, when the Pats destroyed the Jets, then got beat soundly, at home, in the playoffs? Maybe the Jets make adjustments, in the second half, against Manning.... like he did to them, in the AFCCG. The ego on some fans, to call their opinions FACT...... is utterly insane.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Wow...pretty severe for the 1st pre-season game.

Let's wait until we get halfway through the season before we pull the rip cord of despair. This team might surprise you. If they fall on their faces, then there may be significant changes at the end of the season.

My post was prompted by the fact that Rex and Tanny baited us
    into thinking they would re sign Cotch and Bray, why even
    say it ?

The Jets need leadership and gammers, I love Hill, but it may
    take him awhile to get his nerves in line and make the big
    catch, Bowe and Edwards are similar, it took both guys awhile
    and a lot of big drops before they got it down, ask Chiefs
    fans about Bowe, he has lost several games for the Chiefs
    and I expect the same from Hill, maybe its part of the
    development process for some guys, I certainly don't
    want to see Rex or Tanny fired without the opportunity
    to right things, this team will go to playoffs, maybe
    even win the Championship game, but winning a championship
    takes a lot really smart personnel moves, not letting
    guys you need get away for idiotic reasons.

Letting Cotch go just because he asked to be released
    doesn't cut it, we are still paying something like 1.5m
    against the cap for Cotch, this is not good cap management
    and the type of mistake that cost teams big.

Tanny almost hired Schotty as HC, and Schotty more than
    anyone has defined the Jet organization for the last six
    years, why not hold Tanny responsible for the living hell
    he caused us due to Schotty and his ridiculous offense
    over his tenure ?

POOR RAMS FANS, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE
    IN FOR, I WONDER HOW LONG HE LASTS IN ST LOUIS ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Sadly, i'd gave my left nut for the Jets to have an identical last 5 years.
    Your left nut would be offended that you didn't hold out for a higher price.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job of rewriting history.

Manning left up by 4. He left, the majority of starters did not sit with him at that point.

And Cincy, when they were in a win and in situation, they pulled no one until the 2nd half. They were losing 27-0 at the half, hardly having a game and the playoffs handed to them.

Whatever works for you, keep stroking yourself troll
    HA! You may want to recheck your history before you throw stones. Manning, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai all left the game in the 3rd quarter. You act as if Peyton leaving and Curtis Painter coming in was no big drop off. After all, we all saw last season how little manning means to that Indy offense, right?

And Cincy had the division even with the loss. So as EM31 pointed out, why risk injury at that point. And I still believe they underestimated the Jets and hoped they would draw them in the playoffs if they lost in week 17.

But yeah, its me doing the stroking here....lmao.

Edit to add: Pulling the starters was a bush thing to do and a travestly to the colts fan base who wanted to see if their team could do what NE failed to do and go 19-0. Chicken sh!t move by Caldwell and Irsay.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 08-14-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Edit to add: Pulling the starters was a bush thing to do and a travestly to the colts fan base who wanted to see if their team could do what NE failed to do and go 19-0. Chicken sh!t move by Caldwell and Irsay.
    I guess they didn't like the odds of going 19-0. But it's good you knew better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I guess they didn't like the odds of going 19-0. But it's good you knew better.
    What, you don't agree it was a bush move? Can you honestly say if the Jets were in the same position you would rather they forgo the chance for the ultimate perfect season because of the "odds"? I know that it upset many, many Colts fans, and I can't blame them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    What, you don't agree it was a bush move? Can you honestly say if the Jets were in the same position you would rather they forgo the chance for the ultimate perfect season because of the "odds"? I know that it upset many, many Colts fans, and I can't blame them.
    I guess I'll wait and see what my real response would be; however odds are odds. Risk management is a big part of operating a business.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Jet Fan View Post
    T
    I hope Woody finds capable replacements,
    and I believe he will.
    Woody is actually the dopiest of the three.

He wouldn't know a football if it hit him in his Les Nessman face.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Woody is actually the dopiest of the three.

He wouldn't know a football if it hit him in his Les Nessman face.
    The late Wally Cox laughs at his look. (In the afterlife, of course.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    You ASSUME what WOULD have happened....... then call it FACT. That's pretty funny. What happened in the AFCCG had nothing to do with the other game. Did that same logic hold true, when the Pats destroyed the Jets, then got beat soundly, at home, in the playoffs? Maybe the Jets make adjustments, in the second half, against Manning.... like he did to them, in the AFCCG. The ego on some fans, to call their opinions FACT...... is utterly insane.
    The Jets already made adjustments and Manning went right down the field for an easy TD on the Colts first drive of the 2nd half. Only reason the game was even close was because of a kickoff return TD by Smith, our offense had done very little to that point. It seems a lot of fans just do not remember this game well, nor how much better the Colts were than us that season.

Them sitting Manning was a bigtime gift, but we certainly took advantage of it when we upset the Chargers and went on a little run (I don't consider the Cincy game an upset).

Funny how heading into that game, our fanbase thought the team was pretty mediocre and had embarrassed itself against the Falcons at home the week before. Now in retrospect, we were a powerhouse on our way to taking it to the 13-1 Colts in Indy, we were just "biding our time."
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 08-14-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only the most retarded of fans would conclude that winning 4 of your last 5 qualifies as backing in. This is as lame and stupid as it gets.

For icing we even need to conclude if you make the playoffs without winning the division, you've backed in. How stupid is this? The rules don't apply to our team.
    Why is it always the same small group of mental midgets who insist on tossing around terms like "retarded"? (an offensive term by the way)

There is a huge difference bub between finishing 12-4 or 11-5, coming in second in your division and being a wild card by force of your own record and "backing in" by virtue of being gifted a win in week 16 as we were. Without that "gift" we are an 8-8 team who did not deserve to be there. In many years 9-7 is not good enough to get into the playoffs at all so yes, we were also lucky that it was one of those years.

I do not expect you to understand any of that I really do not.

Have a nice day and remember the old maxim... Tis better to keep you mouth shut and have people think you are a fool...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I guess I'll wait and see what my real response would be; however odds are odds. Risk management is a big part of operating a business.
    Do you remember the look on Manning's face when he was on the sideline? He was disgusted.

Polian and Caldwell lost the respect of the locker room after that. I am not going to say it was the reason why they lost the SB, but that move took something out of that team.

Not that I am complaining, b.c it led to our playoff run, but IMO that was an epic blunder by the Colts' brain trust.