Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Son of Marty's debut fouling up the Rams offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    I don't understand everybody speaks of Bart Scott being terrible and Wayne Hunter sucking and nobody asks those posters to stop being truthful. Why cant some of you guys be honest and admit that Mark Sanchez is just not a starting caliber QB on a team in this era of the NFL. He cannot go thru his progressions quick enough to spot open receivers. I went to many games last season and was able to see him simply not spotting open receivers. This is his biggest problem and unfortunately he has not improved one iota in this aspect in three full season as a starter. We had and still have an upper echelon defense but are held back by pedestrian QB play. Sure he is a good athlete and has a strong enough arm but the most important aspect of playing the position he is terrible at.
    That was much better. You are aloud your opinion but no one is going to take you seriously if you act like a 12 year old. We've been through this all before however, and their are many reasons to have hope that things will turn around now that Shotty is gone. Never the less Mark is our starter, and we will soon find out one way or the other. There is little sense arguing about it based on 6 drop backs in the first preseason game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    playing against the horrendous Colts defense, the Rams ran two "drives" in the first 13 minutes with their ones on the field.

The first ended when they went for it on fourth down and failed and the second "drive" ended with a false staft penalty and a punt

Colts 7 Rams 0

Bradford out and now from the frying pan into the fire, poor Kellen Clemens in there for another disastrous session of Schottenheimer playcalling
    Poor Kellen indeed, showed some good stuff last year in clean-up role. Never had an OLine to have chance to develop (he wasnt the answer anyway) just too bad he has the son of Marty do deal with

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy am I disappointed. When I saw this thread heading I thought I was going to read some good old serious Shotty bashing, and what do I get........Another Sanchez hate/defend thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    Boy am I disappointed. When I saw this thread heading I thought I was going to read some good old serious Shotty bashing, and what do I get........Another Sanchez hate/defend thread.
    Dude. This post is way too short.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really feel bad for Kellen, frankly

finally escaped from Schotty the Moron last year and who shows up this year to ruin the Rams offense.... same Moron

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really feel bad for Kellen, frankly

finally escaped from Schotty the Moron last year and who shows up this year to ruin the Rams offense.... same Moron
    Lmao ... +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luck has a very compact, tight release. It's not use daydreaming about having him on the Jets though.

If the OL give Mark decent time and blitz pick up/pass blocking solidifies he should be good. It's still pre-season so no need to get carried away

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    After watching Andrew Luck on 2 drives, id like to throw sanchez and tebow in the dumpster and try again for a qb.
    What would u be willing to do to try to attain your next candidate for Franchise QB status.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    The Jets went out in their post Schottenheimer NFL game and stunk up the joint but Jet fans want to ccontinue to blaim Schotty for what happened.

Someone once told me that when you point your finger,if you examined that same hand ,you will notice 3 fingers pointing right back at u.We Jet fans need to learn how to sweep around our own front door before we go sweeping around the front Doors of the Pats,the Fish and the Rams.

On a side note,I will find it LOL funny if the Fish end up with a better Starting QB again than the Jets have.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you people really talking about Andrew Luck and how hes better then Sanchez after 1 PRESEASON GAME??? LOL I love the Jets but they might realy have the dumbest fan base in all of sports. SMH

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Bradford looked good. Almost every pass he threw was right on. Bad thing is his line is sooo bad. He got instantly harassed everytime he dropped back.

And yes.. Luck looked very good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    playing against the horrendous Colts defense, the Rams ran two "drives" in the first 13 minutes with their ones on the field.

The first ended when they went for it on fourth down and failed and the second "drive" ended with a false staft penalty and a punt

Colts 7 Rams 0

Bradford out and now from the frying pan into the fire, poor Kellen Clemens in there for another disastrous session of Schottenheimer playcalling
    The Rams board is that way ========= >

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    Actually Bradford looked good. Almost every pass he threw was right on. Bad thing is his line is sooo bad. He got instantly harassed everytime he dropped back.

And yes.. Luck looked very good.
    Sam has actually been pretty good in the league. He has just been on a team with no WRs and a sub par line. We complain here but if Sanchez had what he had I doubt he'd have more wins. Sam had 36 sacks in 10 games last year and we whine about 39 in 16. Not to mention Holmes and BE would both be studs compared to any WR he has ever had. Sam is the next Jake Plummer IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess having three probowlers on the OL is not enough to hide the ineptitude of SUCKchez. He stinks deal with the truth. The guy does not have the mental or physical tools to be even an average QB.
    The number of probowlers means absolutely nothing. It's the two and three seconds they're giving him that's the problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The Jets went out in their post Schottenheimer NFL game and stunk up the joint but Jet fans want to ccontinue to blaim Schotty for what happened.

Someone once told me that when you point your finger,if you examined that same hand ,you will notice 3 fingers pointing right back at u.We Jet fans need to learn how to sweep around our own front door before we go sweeping around the front Doors of the Pats,the Fish and the Rams.

On a side note,I will find it LOL funny if the Fish end up with a better Starting QB again than the Jets have.
    Did somebody once tell you that? Wow you're pretty cool. I think you better go do your homework. They haven't played a game yet little fella.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me wrong. I root my heart out for Mark Sanchez. I want him to somehow turn the corner and become a top 10 QB in this league. I just do not see that happening. In fact, I predict that he will be out of the league or hanging on by the skin of his teeth similar to Matt Leinart in two years. The only reason he is a starting QB in the NFL is because we drafted him in the top 5.

It is very hard, if not impossible, to name 5 stating QB's who Sanchez is actually better than. I can only name 3. 1) Gabbert 2) Ponder 3) Kolb

Go ahead and try....
    This is easy I'll give you ten

1. Weeden- browns
    2. T. Jackson - Seattle
    3. GaBbert- jaguars
    4. Ponder- Vikings
    5.Kolb - Cards
    6. Tannehill/Moore - fish
    7. Rg3 - Skins
    8. Jake Locker - Titans
    9. Palmer - Raiders
    10. Bradford - Rams

I'll take Sanchez over any of these Guys .... 

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Preseason man! Don't you remember the history of preseason heroes from the past including the Jets QB's? Luck won't look the same against defenses trying to stop him. He still may turn out to be a stud but slow down on the praise.
    Not only that, but the difference between the Colts performance and a team like the Jets, the Colts have established offensive play makers, the new staff is clearly looking to get Luck off with a bang after letting go their future HOF and eventual Colt legend in Manning, there was nothing vanilla about their plan going into the game today, the Colts unloaded and opened wide up against a very young team, a team that is going through a regime change of their own but with some distractions as well with their DC getting suspended indefinitely, the Rams right now are hardly a household name.

The Jets, missing several key players, especially at WR, a new offense, clearly a completely vanilla plan of a attack set up for the game, and probably because of the players that were out, they wanted to use the first game as an extended practice, but against live competition, and a team in the Bengals, an up and coming team and a team with a very solid defense, who were also playing at home. This should not be discounted.

There was a HUGE differences between circumstances and game plan of both the Colts and the Jets going into their first pre-season games...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-12-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

3 maybe 4

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    This is easy I'll give you ten

1. Weeden- browns - NOT FAIR TO SAY YET
    2. T. Jackson - Seattle - NOT THE STARTER - FLYNN IS
    3. GaBbert- jaguars -OK
    4. Ponder- Vikings - OK
    5.Kolb - Cards - OK
    6. Tannehill/Moore - fish - NOT SURE ABOUT TANNEHILL - MOORE IS EQUAL
    7. Rg3 - Skins - NO WAY
    8. Jake Locker - Titans - I WOULD TRADE SANCHEZ FOR LOCKER EASILY
    9. Palmer - Raiders - NO WAY
    10. Bradford - Rams - NO WAY

I'll take Sanchez over any of these Guys .... 
    Tebow will probably be more effective than Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Sanchez bashing on this thread is absolutely amazing when one considers it was started to comment on Schotty and how his offensive approach looks in the first preseason game....

A Disgrace.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post

You could say the same thing about Sanchez against the Bengals. He didn't throw a bad pass in that game. One was dropped and he was hit while trying to avoid a sack on the other. None of the sacks were a result of holding the ball for too long.