Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: patrick turner

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

patrick turner

one of the most overlooked WR's we have, but I've liked the way this kid has been coming along. I don't think he's going to be a big playmaker but maybe a solid possession receiver. kind of like a bigger cotchery

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good redbone target, I wish he was a little faster tho

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    much rather keep him on the roster then Chaz the glass man

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    one of the most overlooked WR's we have, but I've liked the way this kid has been coming along. I don't think he's going to be a big playmaker but maybe a solid possession receiver. kind of like a bigger cotchery
    Not by me...Excellent blocker..Good hands..good S/Ts player..nothing flashy..keeps his mouth shut..a good #4 WR..and nothing wrong with that

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Come and get your love now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    The man makes no diiference on the field. We need playmakers at WR, not good blockers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one is saying he is larry fitz, but I agree, turner can be a contributor. He has excellent size, he's worked with sanchez for a long time, and he can block.

My guess is he is the 4th guy in 4 WR sets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better redbone target

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turner is a JAG. Just a Guy who takes up roster space without making a rea difference. Need an upgrade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    The man makes no diiference on the field. We need playmakers at WR, not good blockers.
    This is going to be a GROUND & POUND team! Just sayin.... We have Hill and Holmes for playmaking! Someone has to block for the ryn and other receivers. If Turner gets a real chance he can catch as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    This is going to be a GROUND & POUND team! Just sayin.... We have Hill and Holmes for playmaking! Someone has to block for the ryn and other receivers. If Turner gets a real chance he can catch as well.
    If you keep a WR just because he can block, you need to get your priorities in order as a franchise. WR's a on teams to be Playmakers - not blockers. Good franchises stockpile guys who are playmakers or who can develop into one. Turner never will be special.

The Jets offense is starved for playmakers. Holmes is not a top 10 WR and Hill is a rookie. Instead of wasting the roster spot on Turner, they should be giving it to guys who can be Victor Cruz or Miles Austin!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turner is a JAG. Just a Guy who takes up roster space without making a rea difference. Need an upgrade.
    Turner stinks. So does Schilens. Kerley hasn't looked good in the practices apparently and Hill is raw though out of all those guys I see him being by far the biggest contributor this year.

WE SHOULDA SIGNED BRAYLON

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    No one is saying he is larry fitz, but I agree, turner can be a contributor. He has excellent size, he's worked with sanchez for a long time, and he can block.

My guess is he is the 4th guy in 4 WR sets.
    Justin McCareins and Mattahew Hatthette had excellent size too. Both of them were worthless. That's who Turner and Schilens profile as.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Turner stinks. So does Schilens. Kerley hasn't looked good in the practices apparently and Hill is raw though out of all those guys I see him being by far the biggest contributor this year.

WE SHOULDA SIGNED BRAYLON
    Turner doesn't stink, Kerley has yet to practice because of his hamstring injury, and Hill has been praised for his work ethic, how quickly he has picked up the system and how quickly he is adapting to the NFL game despite a couple of drops.

If you're gonna troll aimlessly, at least know what the **** you are talking about and stop pulling **** out of your ass.

A LOT of teams all passed on Braylon, teams that NEEDED a WR. The team he's on now signed a 38 year old Terrell Owens a few days after signing Edwards too, and that WR unit is stacked with established players.

Your schtick is getting old and transparent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Turner doesn't stink, Kerley has yet to practice because of his hamstring injury, and Hill has been praised for his work ethic, how quickly he has picked up the system and how quickly he is adapting to the NFL game despite a couple of drops.

If you're gonna troll aimlessly, at least know what the **** you are talking about and stop pulling **** out of your ass.

A LOT of teams all passed on Braylon, teams that NEEDED a WR. The team he's on now signed a 38 year old Terrell Owens a few days after signing Edwards too, and that WR unit is stacked with established players.

Your schtick is getting old and transparent.
    Give me a break Homer Simpson. Patrick Turner is at best a mediocre NFL WR if he's anything more than a 4th WR we are in trouble. Kerley optimistically is a slightly better than average slot receiver. Hill will probably be able to produce around 600 yards and 4-6 tds which is fine for a rookie WR and I suppose isn't horrible for a #2.

Jets don't really have a solid excuse for passing on Braylon especially when he probably would have cost the same as a scrub like Turner or Chaz Schilens.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they can convert him to TE

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Justin McCareins and Mattahew Hatthette had excellent size too. Both of them were worthless. That's who Turner and Schilens profile as.
    They're nowhere near as good as these guys were.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edwards will more than likely be cut by the Seahawks either for lack of performance or dropsies before Sept or for his next DUI or strip club brawl mishap.

Ochostinko is available....should we sign that beast too???

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Edwards will more than likely be cut by the Seahawks either for lack of performance or dropsies before Sept or for his next DUI or strip club brawl mishap.

Ochostinko is available....should we sign that beast too???

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Turner can be a good 4th receiver, very underrated.