Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Jets' offense back to work after 'vanilla' opener

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Judging by the preseason, high powered offenses like the Pats and Saints are going to be TERRIBLE this year.

    It's just the preseason. Calm your jimmies.
    There's just so much complaining and belly aching about one pre-season game. Relax for God's sakes

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    "It wasn't really about execution or any of those things," Sparano said.

    WTF does he mean by that? I would think that is the only thing that matters! not that if the play is successful (it only being preseason), but at least the play has to be executed properly. Strange to say the least.
    Because none of those plays will actually be executed come regular season. They ran a generic offense.

    They are not spending time in practice perfecting how to execute generic plays they will never use.

    I think he just means they were looking to see who is putting in effort out there. Who is pushing. Who is competing. Who's trying to make a play. Etc. That's all they are really looking for week 1.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Because none of those plays will actually be executed come regular season. They ran a generic offense.

    They are not spending time in practice perfecting how to execute generic plays they will never use.

    I think he just means they were looking to see who is putting in effort out there. Who is pushing. Who is competing. Who's trying to make a play. Etc. That's all they are really looking for week 1.
    Well how the heck do you grade a performance? I understand that he could not actually mean what he said, I just thought it sounded strange. I understand that you might not care if the play worked, but you still want everybody to execute the play as it was drawn up.

  4. #24
    The offense was more diarrhea than vanilla.

    The defense was like a Dairy Queen Blizzard. Not Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cup, but definitely Snickers.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The majority of teams play vanilla in the pre-season. Particularly the first game.
    You don't say?! That's a really unique observation there Captain Obvious.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You don't say?! That's a really unique observation there Captain Obvious.
    I'm thankful that you were able to follow the train of thought.

    Were your lips moving as you read the sentence?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm thankful that you were able to follow the train of thought.

    Were your lips moving as you read the sentence?
    You're not smart enough to have a train of thought, only a caboose from your boyfriend.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Judging by the preseason, high powered offenses like the Pats and Saints are going to be TERRIBLE this year.

    It's just the preseason. Calm your jimmies.
    the Pats, Saints, and Packers all have earned the benefit of the doubt as far as their offenses go. The Jets offense on the other hand hasn't and has to be viewed differently.

    In the same vein, I'm a lot less worried about any weaknesses we saw on the defensive side. Why? Because they have "earned" the benefit of the doubt from their past performance.

  9. #29
    A lot of teams offenses looked bad, getting all worked up over a preseason game is silly to me. I'll wait until the real games before I judge them.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You're not smart enough to have a train of thought, only a caboose from your boyfriend.
    I'd appreciate it if you could keep your personal fantasies to yourself. Thank you.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,412
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    A lot of teams offenses looked bad, getting all worked up over a preseason game is silly to me. I'll wait until the real games before I judge them.
    The problem is that this performance looked alot like many real games last year. And with mostly the same personnel, why would it change?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us