Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sparano: We pushed around Bengals

Practice Squad
    this is also the same guy who jumps about after a FG

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm so tired of this coaching staff pumping up players after sh*tty performances.

How about some accountability for a change?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

To be fair, he didn't say what the article title says. "Some people got pushed" sounds like he's saying there were some good individual blocks, different than "we pushed the Bengals around". I didn't click the link but this has to be a Cimini article right?

It starts at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    It appears that Rex has hired a guy who has absolutely no clue as to what happened on the field. Just unbelievable.
    Now Rex hired him?

Tanny gets off easy this time.

Um anyone want to give this guy more then a couple series before we fire him? I know that's asking a lot and we should scored 7TD's in 4 possessions on but Im willing to give him another series.....

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    It appears that Rex has hired a guy who has absolutely no clue as to what happened on the field. Just unbelievable.
    ghey

A Jets OC getting questioned, criticized, deemed unqualified. Shocking! And after the glorified scrimmage known as preseason game #1. Again. Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    A Jets OC getting questioned, criticized, deemed unqualified. Shocking! And after the glorified scrimmage known as preseason game #1. Again. Shocking!
    +1 this board is getting worse then the media...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Um anyone want to give this guy more then a couple series before we fire him? I know that's asking a lot and we should scored 7TD's in 4 possessions on but Im willing to give him another series.....
    Thank you....

And to those ALREADY bashing Sparano...

GOOD GRIEF!!!!

look on the bright side...at least no one has posted any .jpgs of the Iraqi Minister Of Information...yet...

Jets Insider VIP
    No one is saying that we should fire Sparano.

But it's utterly ridiculous to say that we pushed around the Bengals. It was the complete opposite. They manhandled us up front for the most part.

All Pro
    I'm not saying fire the guy either, but keep your mouth shut and let your offense do the talking for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No one is saying that we should fire Sparano.

But it's utterly ridiculous to say that we pushed around the Bengals. It was the complete opposite. They manhandled us up front for the most part.
    He didnt say we pushed around the bengals if you listen to the press conf he just said alot of guys got pushed, but there were things we could've did better like finishing blocks. He was pointing out the good things. He also said we didnt scheme one second for that team..kept it vanilla..

I like Sparano, but....

Jets Insider VIP
    He didnt say we pushed around the bengals if you listen to the press conf he just said alot of guys got pushed
    What the hell is the difference?

the Jets really have to hire someone to teach these coaches about the consequences of their words. They create more distractions than inspiration. Most of which are completely unnecessary.

"I realize that it was said out there that we didn't push anybody, but I would urge you to pick a phone up and call the people down there and ask them that question," he said, referring to the Bengals. "There were a lot of people pushed."
    This isn't an appropriate remark when your starting RB averages 2ypc, and your total RB corps averages just 3.5. Clearly they WEREN'T pushing anyone around.

What he could have said with the same effect was

"As a team our performance was totally unacceptable. However there were a lot of good individual plays. But that's the problem with offensive football you have to get all 11 guys on the same page. I saw enough good thing to give me confidence that we will eventually put this all together and have an effective offense. But until that time we have a lot of hard work to do."

If he had said something like that he could have got in his positive spin without insulting the fans who aren't dumb enough to believe that what they saw was good offensive play.

• RT Austin Howard, whom Rex Ryan lauded earlier in the day, received a 75-percent grade for the game. Sparano said Howard "played with tremendous power," especially when involved in double-team blocks. Asked if Howard could challenge incumbent Wayne Hunter, Sparano said, "There's competition all over the place right now."
    So now Sparano would have us believe that 75 is an adequate grade . That a C is deserving of praise. All he's doing here is telling us the bar is set ridiculously low for the Jets

• TE Dustin Keller was wide open over the middle on one play, but QB Mark Sanchez couldn't get him the ball because he was under pressure. Sparano said the Bengals "screwed it up somewhere" because they left Keller all alone. Maybe, but the Bengals got away with it because Sanchez was sacked.
    Shakespeare would call this "damning with faint praise". We are great because Keller managed to get open for one play. Oh by the way, the pass wasn't competed because the rest of the team couldn't protect our QB.

What he could have said, without sounding like an idiot:

"A perfect example of what I am talking about was this play where Keller managed to get wide open downfield, but we couldn't get the ball to him because of one breakdown in our protection. 10 guys did the job well, but the play didn't succeed because you need all 11 guys. It's my job to get all 11 guys on that same page But its a work in progress putting in a new offensive system."

• Sparano praised QB Tim Tebow, saying he threw his hot routes well. Said Sparano: "I thought he made some good decisions." Sparano said Tebow probably wishes he had one or two "do-overs" (like the interception), but he said Tebow contributed three "explosion" plays -- three runs of 10-plus yards.
    When you are in a teaching mode, you do not praise plays that break down and your QB is forced to flee for his life. Even when those plays were the best part of the Jet offense. It is not good when the best part of your offense is a broken play.
    • What impressed Sparano most about Sanchez was his command of the huddle, his rhythm, his timing throws and his protection calls. Sparano said there were no miscommunications between him and Sanchez. That, he said, was the primary objective for the first game.
    Tony your Starting QB had 21 passing yds....and that's gross yds. If you count net yds its under 10. With his comments he looks like he is struggling just find something positive to say about Mark. It almost sounds like when you are trying to fix a friend up with an ugly girl, and all you can say, is she has great comportment, all her friends like her, and she has a great personality

I don't know if this was Sparano's style down in Miami or Dallas. But it sounds too damned much like his boss to suit me. Its embarrassing and so unnecessary. We have eyes and aren't idiots. He can get his message across without trying to scam us.
    Last edited by HardKnocks; 08-13-2012 at 12:41 AM.

LOL @ over analyzing Sparanos comments .... Lions went 4-0 in the preseason in 2008 dominating everyone and finished 0-16 in the reg season...just sayin.....lol...Preseason is about seeing what you have in players and making improvements..like I said worse then the media....

OL got to shape up against the Giants, that's a real acid test

LOL @ over analyzing Sparanos comments .... Lions went 4-0 in the preseason in 2008 dominating everyone and finished 0-16 in the reg season...just sayin.....lol...Preseason is about seeing what you have in players and making improvements..like I said worse then the media....
    Bingo.