Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Luck Looks Amazing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex and the D took Luck to school today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Two good showings against a couple of bottom feeders like Buffalo and Indy doesn't change that.
    Those "bottom feeders" beat the Packers last week.

As a "not-12-year-old", do you think that the Packer's season is done?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Rex and the D took Luck to school today.
    All three phases held classes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Those "bottom feeders" beat the Packers last week.

As a "not-12-year-old", do you think that the Packer's season is done?
    And the Vikings beat the Niners, the Cardinals beat the Pats, the Titans beat the Steelers and the Raiders just came within seconds of beating the Falcons.

Whoopty sh*t.

What's your point? This is the NFL, upsets happen.

And no, I don't think the Packers are done. Their season will never be done 5 weeks in as long as Rodgers is behind center.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody see the Colts game.

Scary good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Scary good.
    Wilson > Luck

Wilson 19 TDs, 8 INTs, Luck 17 TDs, 16 INTs

Wilson played well against us, Luck embarrassed himself. But you won't hear a word about Wilson from the talking heads

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Scary good.

You forgot to say :

"Excuse me y'all for the bump of a 3-week-old thread but...."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really really really impressed that Luck has the Colts at 8-4 when that team struggled to win 1 game last year with any QB not named Manning. Now this Rookie is putting up huge numbers and winning big games. He has his Rookie moments but I don't think there's been a better QB coming into the league for a long time if ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm really really really impressed that Luck has the Colts at 8-4 when that team struggled to win 1 game last year with any QB not named Manning. Now this Rookie is putting up huge numbers and winning big games. He has his Rookie moments but I don't think there's been a better QB coming into the league for a long time if ever.
    Luck is good. Unfortunately in this QB class, he's only been 3rd best. If you judge a QB only by team wins, Sanchez was a great player in his first 2 years even though we know he was not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redskins and the Seahawks both have better overall rosters than the Colts. Luck is asked to do so much more than RG3 or Wilson, he has to throw the ball 50 times a game and is carrying his team as a rookie. RG3 is also carrying the Redskins. Wilson is not carrying the Seahawks.

RG3 and Luck are better than Wilson IMO. I think Seattle would trade Wilson for either of them if given the opportunity. Wilson is good but on the road he is a different player than he is at home.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Luck is good. Unfortunately in this QB class, he's only been 3rd best. If you judge a QB only by team wins, Sanchez was a great player in his first 2 years even though we know he was not.
    I can see why you would see that. RG3 and Wilson have played great. Higher TDs and lower INTs. Maybe I'm just caught up on the name recognition too. I didn't realize that Luck has only thrown 13 TDs coupled with 13 INTs. Not too flattering. However, he also throws the ball all over the field and has way less options/weapons than the other two. There's a reason that team only won 2 games last year and now they are winning twice as many as they lose.

I think Luck's numbers when looked directly at the other two QBs don't tell the whole story. The entire team and playbook is on Andrew Luck. He has way more responsibility given him and plays a larger part in his teams wins than the other two QBs IMO. The Redskins give RG3 a nice part to play, but I don't feel he has the type of command of the franchise and the license/freedom that Luck has been given to be THE GUY.

I also say this with a large dose of ignorance as I really haven't watched these guys every week. What I have seen is that Luck looks like the undeniable leader on his team. I can't say that about RG3 or Wilson from what I've seen. So if you are just looking at stats I could see why you'd say he's 3rd best. If I'm looking only at wins you can see why I'd say Luck is the best. Adding both together, I feel Luck has been better compared to the load he is carrying as compared to the other two.

And when did Sanchez have his team at 8-4 and was the main reason for his teams wins? While I get the comparison, I also think it's a tad laced with hyperbole.
    Last edited by southside; 12-02-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Statistics based on ESPN's website since NFL.com was sucking the donkey today.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redskins and the Seahawks both have better overall rosters than the Colts. Luck is asked to do so much more than RG3 or Wilson, he has to throw the ball 50 times a game and is carrying his team as a rookie. RG3 is also carrying the Redskins. Wilson is not carrying the Seahawks.

RG3 and Luck are better than Wilson IMO. I think Seattle would trade Wilson for either of them if given the opportunity. Wilson is good but on the road he is a different player than he is at home.

This.

Wilson is being asked to micro manage an offense. He has 280 attempts passing. Luck has 449, which is 20 more than Brady and Manning and tied for #5 in the NFL. He passed 57 times today and threw for 391 yards.

Luck averages 37 passing attempts per game! Wilson, about 23.

Yeah he throws a bunch of pics, which really needs to be cleaned up, but they are letting him sling it at will and putting the entire offense in his hands. As a rookie, it's quite a miracle he somehow manages to win games. Peyton couldn't do that when he was allowed to pass that much.

What he did today was nothing short of amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wilson is doing a great job as well for what he is being asked or allowed to do. But they are an apple and oranges comparison and I don't think you can say Wilson is better than Luck because of how very different they play and the offenses in which they play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How was Wilson on the road today? I remember Luck traveling to Chicago as well this season, how'd he fare?

Both guys also played the Jets, how'd they each perform?

Is Luck asked to do more? Yes, but he makes too many stupid throws to be considered a good QB at the moment. His team has shown amazing resiliency though, and even though objectively, they're a bad team, they have managed an 8-4 record.

Another common game the two played. The Pats embarrassed Luck. Wilson on the other hand took advantage of that bad Pats pass D. Is it better to have more turnovers or less turnovers? Wilson protects the ball and throws it accurately. That's the idea...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    This.

Wilson is being asked to micro manage an offense. He has 280 attempts passing. Luck has 449, which is 20 more than Brady and Manning and tied for #5 in the NFL. He passed 57 times today and threw for 391 yards.

Luck averages 37 passing attempts per game! Wilson, about 23.

Yeah he throws a bunch of pics, which really needs to be cleaned up, but they are letting him sling it at will and putting the entire offense in his hands. As a rookie, it's quite a miracle he somehow manages to win games. Peyton couldn't do that when he was allowed to pass that much.

What he did today was nothing short of amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wilson is doing a great job as well for what he is being asked or allowed to do. But they are an apple and oranges comparison and I don't think you can say Wilson is better than Luck because of how very different they play and the offenses in which they play.
    I do think Luck's ceiling is higher, but he makes too many stupid throws to be considered a good QB at the moment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson looks like he got over his road "issues" today. That was very impressive. He is getting better and better. This has been a very good rookie class, none of them seem to be hitting plateau.

Watching these kids improve every week and develop makes me even more bitter about Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All three of the rookies are terrific. In 10 years we may be looking back at the 2012 draft in a similar vein to the way we look at 84.

I think Wilson is really underrated. He has been playing fantastic football and was as impressive as Luck today. Carroll would NOT trade him away at this point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He looks impressive. But RGIII is better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I do think Luck's ceiling is higher, but he makes too many stupid throws to be considered a good QB at the moment.
    It is also the design of the offense. I saw a stat that he throws the ball down the field more than any other QB, I think he leads the league in throws over 20 yards. That leads to more incompletions and INTs. They are putting the whole offense in his hands. Not to mention he is playing without his HC and his OC had to become the HC which likely takes away from his time with Luck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    All three of the rookies are terrific. In 10 years we may be looking back at the 2012 draft in a similar vein to the way we look at 84.

I think Wilson is really underrated. He has been playing fantastic football and was as impressive as Luck today. Carroll would NOT trade him away at this point.
    Weeden won on the road today and threw for 364 yards.

In all seriousness, it's not just the QBs who are making early impacts in the league, the pass rushers are as well. The top 3 sack leaders are Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, and Von Miller, all from the 2011 draft. It's really debunking the theory that players at some positions needs years to develop anymore.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson looks like he got over his road "issues" today. That was very impressive. He is getting better and better. This has been a very good rookie class, none of them seem to be hitting plateau.

Watching these kids improve every week and develop makes me even more bitter about Sanchez.
    That is the shame of it. According to the experts, next year's class is "weak." We'll see, I hope the Jets take a hard look at the prospects and not get dissuaded by the talking heads if they like a guy.