Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck Looks Amazing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Lets spell it out for the learning impaired. The thread was created because of the terrific debut of Andrew Luck. I'm not saying there wont be bumps in the road, but if you look at his mechanics, his arm strength, his foot work, you realize that this is a gifted athlete who has a tremendous upside. You also realize what Sanchez and Tebow lack his great physical ability and his command. Thats it. It has nothing to do with who you can or cannot draft. In fact, I'm defending Sanchez lately because of the total disregard of what he needs to be successful in the league.

Hope this clarifies things. If it doesn't, pound sand Kool-Aid boys.
    I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker at all, but I call B.S. on this.

IF this thread was to mention the great start by Andrew Luck, it should have ended there. But you went on to say what we don't have, which is Andrew Luck. It was just another of a long list of shots you have taken at Sanchez after he didn't take the team to a third straight AFC Championship game.

And lets temper the enthusiasm about Luck. He played good for part of his first pre-season game. That doesn't put him in Canton just yet.
    Will he be great? Probably, but./......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Watching the Sanchez fanboys attack everybody and trash any young QB that does some decent things is really hilarious, all that because their guy doesn't get the job done. What a sad bunch.
    You mean like how you constantly trash Sanchez in an effort to make your boyfriend Timmy Teabag somehow look better? STFU troll

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How did I **** on Sanchez? Because I said he doesn't get the job done? HA.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Start with your signature and move on to your countless idiotic posts.

HA?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Andrew Luck against the Rams. The guy is unbelievable. Makes me realize how lacking we are when it comes to both the QB and WR positions.
    Wouldn't watching Tom Brady for 10 years have done that for you already?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

IF this thread was to mention the great start by Andrew Luck, it should have ended there. But you went on to say what we don't have, which is Andrew Luck. It was just another of a long list of shots you have taken at Sanchez after he didn't take the team to a third straight AFC Championship game.

And lets temper the enthusiasm about Luck. He played good for part of his first pre-season game. That doesn't put him in Canton just yet.
    Of course this is what he did.

He took the opportunity to post how impressive Luck looked for one reason and one reason only. To then tell us how we don't have that at QB.

He's a troll, can't help himself.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    You mean like how you constantly trash Sanchez in an effort to make your boyfriend Timmy Teabag somehow look better? STFU troll
    If you can't take the heat get out the kitchen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boohoo, cry me a river. My thread is an observation of what this teams strengths and weaknesses are and who would give us the best chance to win. It doesn't have anything to do with somebody criticizing Tebow. What a dumb statement...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    TeBallsawk f*cking up threads left and right.

Great job clown.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Browning Nagle looked great in his first pre-season/first game as well as Mark Sanchez just to use Jets as comparisons amongst other QB's. Relax

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Browning Nagle looked great in his first pre-season/first game as well as Mark Sanchez just to use Jets as comparisons amongst other QB's. Relax
    Agreed on all acounts. There have been many high prospects who've ended up busting. I'd rather take a wait and see approach with Luck over the next couple seasons while judging his performance against top rated defenses such as the Ravens, Steelers, Jets, Texans, 49ers etc. I'd also like to see his ability to perform under postseason pressure. A game one preseason game against the likes of the Rams isn't going to do it for me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, as impressive as Luck was, I thought that Russell Wilson was almost as impressive albeit mostly against 2s. He showed poise, touch, accuracy mobility and running ability. Flynn will likely start for Seattle this year but Wilson is their future.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    To be honest, as impressive as Luck was, I thought that Russell Wilson was almost as impressive albeit mostly against 2s. He showed poise, touch, accuracy mobility and running ability. Flynn will likely start for Seattle this year but Wilson is their future.
    I liked him too, but I'm afraid Wilson will have the same problem guys like Matt Moore have when it comes to earning a starting job. The NFL and franchises just aren't interested in low key, nice, high character guys, who do their job. stay quiet and stay out of the media.

Now they want interesting personalities, and guys who can put on an entertaining show, with colorful comments and can create some drama. Football on its own, apparently, isn't entertaining enough anymore. If you don't "look" the part, you're out of luck-no pun intended.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I liked him too, but I'm afraid Wilson will have the same problem guys like Matt Moore have when it comes to earning a starting job. The NFL and franchises just aren't interested in low key, nice, high character guys, who do their job. stay quiet and stay out of the media.

Now they want interesting personalities, and guys who can put on an entertaining show, with colorful comments and can create some drama. Football on its own, apparently, isn't entertaining enough anymore. If you don't "look" the part, you're out of luck-no pun intended.
    I don't believe that at all.

Rogers is one of the nicest unassuming guys in the world. Ryan Fitzpatrick? Eli Manning is a wet blanket. Ryan, Flacco, Shaub, Alex Smith, a whole lot of them aren't big personality flashy guys--I think talent wins out over personality.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is everyone so mad at each other in this thread?

Bottom line, regardless of who is on his team, Luck looked cool calm and collected considering it was his first pro game EVER.

Excellent job by the kid. He looks the part...He's in a Stafford situation his rookie year so to speak but with obviously less of a losing record behind the franchise. He also looks to be handling the situation incredibly.

I don't see what other convo there is to be had.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

Rogers is one of the nicest unassuming guys in the world. Ryan Fitzpatrick? Eli Manning is a wet blanket. Ryan, Flacco, Shaub, Alex Smith, a whole lot of them aren't big personality flashy guys--I think talent wins out over personality.

_
    Ok I'm going to debate you on that.

Ryan...plays in Buffalo. And if that's not enough of an argument he did decide to grow a beard to look like Grizzly Adams .

Eli is a Manning. So he's no under the radar character.

As far as Ryan, Shaub and Flacco are constantly snubbed because of that fact. Who is the star of the Ravens? The QB with one of the highest winning percentages in the NFL or the defense and Ray Lewis? It's still not Flacco's team. It's Lewis's team and will be as long as he's there. And Alex Smith was on the chopping block in San Fran for Manning after his best career year...

And I'm not saying you can't be nice like Rogers. Nice is ok, but you need a little swag these days. Rogers is always sniping someone with stealth comments.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Ok I'm going to debate you on that.

Ryan...plays in Buffalo. And if that's not enough of an argument he did decide to grow a beard to look like Grizzly Adams .

Eli is a Manning. So he's no under the radar character.

As far as Ryan, Shaub and Flacco are constantly snubbed because of that fact. Who is the star of the Ravens? The QB with one of the highest winning percentages in the NFL or the defense and Ray Lewis? It's still not Flacco's team. It's Lewis's team and will be as long as he's there. And Alex Smith was on the chopping block in San Fran for Manning after his best career year...

And I'm not saying you can't be nice like Rogers. Nice is ok, but you need a little swag these days. Rogers is always sniping someone with stealth comments.
    Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are Hall of Famers. They are two of the best defensive players in NFL history. Of course they are the face of the Ravens.

It's also because, year in and year out, the Ravens defense outperforms the offense. It also doesn't help that Ray Rice is seen as the most important player on Baltimore' offense.

Why doesn't Flacco get more credit? It has nothing to do with his personality. He had nice regular seasons in '09 and '10, but was horrendous in the playoffs. Last year his passer rating dropped from 93.6 to 80.9. Most people would consider that to be a major regression, but his stellar performance in the playoffs, most notably in the game against the Patriots, offset his regular season performance. Flacco's '11 season was like Sanchez's '10 season. Sanchez wasn't credited with the Jets success in 2010 either, because the defense was the unit that carried the team. The same goes for Flacco.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Andrew Luck against the Rams. The guy is unbelievable. Makes me realize how lacking we are when it comes to both the QB and WR positions.
    That kid up in NE is pretty good too. And a sixth rounder. How'd we miss on that one.... fire Tanny!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldnt surprise me to see the Colts make the playoffs. Them and Tampa are my surprise WC teams this year.

Its amazing what a coaching change or a big time QB can do sometimes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

_
    He doesn't look very nice when he does the discount double check dance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    He looked GREAT in his first real game against Atlanta....then it went all down hill from there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

Thank you!!!!