Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: McElroy can ball

  1. #81
    Who as the last Jets #2 or #3 QB that SOMONE DIDN'T think "should get his shot" because he "could start in this league"?

    As predictable as death, taxes, Same Olf Jets Fans (SOJF) and Former Jet Obsession Syndrome (FJOS)......the "#2/#3 should start cause he's a player/baller/stud in waiting" threads.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Who as the last Jets #2 or #3 QB that SOMONE DIDN'T think "should get his shot" because he "could start in this league"?

    As predictable as death, taxes, Same Olf Jets Fans (SOJF) and Former Jet Obsession Syndrome (FJOS)......the "#2/#3 should start cause he's a player/baller/stud in waiting" threads.
    McElroy is no baller. But he is a smart, competent game manager that likely won't make a lot of mistakes. That's all you need in a backup QB.

    McElroy is not going to be a starter in the NFL.

  3. #83
    McElroy should be the backup not Tebow

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    McElroy should be the backup not Tebow
    Whatever.

  5. #85
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I was going to say more but I didn't want to offend the ADHD crowd here on the Pfail Strip.

    Btw, not sure any of these kids know who Bill Wennington played with.

    _
    LI Lutheran, Class of '81

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Whatever.
    What's wrong? Starting to realize that Tebow is fictional? Sorry buddy, but he's just not a QB. Only reason he's above McElroy in the depth chart is because of popularity.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What's wrong? Starting to realize that Tebow is fictional? Sorry buddy, but he's just not a QB. Only reason he's above McElroy in the depth chart is because of popularity.

    Please, Woody Johnson has a woody for Tim Tebow. That's why he's our #2 QB, that's why he will be our #1 qb by week 6 or 7 and that's why he traded for him.

    Take away Tebow's baggage he'd probably be the 3rd string qb in Jacksonville by now.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Please, Woody Johnson has a woody for Tim Tebow. That's why he's our #2 QB, that's why he will be our #1 qb by week 6 or 7 and that's why he traded for him.

    Take away Tebow's baggage he'd probably be the 3rd string qb in Jacksonville by now.
    Sadly, you could very well be right. Though, I think Sanchez and the rest of the team will surprise people and do better than we expect them to. If the OLine holds up, Sanchez won't be hearing any calls for Tebow to start (aside from the ones from the Tebowites, but they don't matter anyway).

    What's really sad is how much support for Tebow we saw when he completed a pass or two in the preseason. As soon as he went in, the crowd started chanting his name. Absolutely pathetic.
    Last edited by McGinley; 09-01-2012 at 02:30 PM.

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    LI Lutheran, Class of '81
    Nice. I played you guys in football back in HS. The Wheately School, Class of '77. Whomever your big ass running back was, he almost made me into a quadrapalegic. Helmet to helmet, I was a SS/WLB back then (everyone played both ways on my team) and I probably weighed about 145 pounds and your guy was easily 190-200. I can still feel the electric shock that went down my spine.



    _

  10. #90
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,416
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I was going to say more but I didn't want to offend the ADHD crowd here on the Pfail Strip.

    Btw, not sure any of these kids know who Bill Wennington played with.

    _
    Bill Wennington, Canada, ST JOHNS, may be the luckiest center in sports.

    Played on a very talented Johnny's team, he was a goodnplayer. Could have easily ended up on Sacramento, never to be heard from again.

  11. #91
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Nice. I played you guys in football back in HS. The Wheately School, Class of '77. Whomever your big ass running back was, he almost made me into a quadrapalegic. Helmet to helmet, I was a SS/WLB back then (everyone played both ways on my team) and I probably weighed about 145 pounds and your guy was easily 190-200. I can still feel the electric shock that went down my spine.



    _
    I did not go to Lutheran (I went to Longwood out in eastern LI). I just remember all the pub Lutheran's basketball team used to get back in the day.







    anyways - did you bounce right back up?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What's wrong? Starting to realize that Tebow is fictional? Sorry buddy, but he's just not a QB. Only reason he's above McElroy in the depth chart is because of popularity.
    Right ... That and a whole lot more ability to score.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Right ... That and a whole lot more ability to score.
    For Nick Folk, sure.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post

    anyways - did you bounce right back up?
    Of course!

    _

  15. #95
    damn what a great thread
    its so true

    he is -12 currently



  16. #96
    Ahhh yes I remember the days of chanting for kellen clemens.

  17. #97
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    Ahhh yes I remember the days of chanting for kellen clemens.
    Now if McElroy had Clemens arm . . .

  18. #98
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    364
    I'm a Tebow fan.

    Sanchez should start. McElroy should be 2nd string QB. Tebow should be 3rd string QB and starting H-Back/Wildcat/QB/RB hybrid.

    Period.

  19. #99
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Now if McElroy had Clemens arm . . .
    Or Browning Nagle's. I remember a Jets Journal where they thought it was funny if Nagle tried to assasinate Al Trautwig (sp?) with a football. Very crass, yet enchanting.

  20. #100
    Is Tebow even a Qb or is he a runningback who throws the ball because he is tired of running. If you say Qb stop using the dope!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us