Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy can ball

Like i said a few weeks ago when i started this thread, the kid is a baller. I'd love to see him with our starters on offense for a few series.....just sayin

I think he has looked great too....seems like his arm is plenty strong and I didn't know he could run like this.

IMO no doubt he should be the backup over tebow.....and if he is in there, keep tebow in the wildcat role.

He's awful.

I said it since Cortland, this kid should be our backup. We can't afford to lose the season if Mark goes down just because Woody wants to sell Tebow jerseys.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Did any of those " SCRUBS" ever win a SEC Championship? Have you ever watched SEC football? They field some very, very tough defenses. I would not be so quick as to write McElroy off as you did. I'd suggest you do some research into his career and you might be surprised. In any event I hope the guy gets a chance to play with the starters to show what he really can do against our opponents #1's.
    Who cares what he did in college. Charlie Ward and Tim Tebow won National Championships, doesnt make them an NFL QB. I like McElroy, but saying he played well in the SEC has no bearing for NFL success. Jamarcus Russell played well in the SEC too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    The big knock on McElroy is his arm strength.

That being said I was very impressed with him last pre-season prior to his injury, no matter how many times he got hit, he kept getting up and never acted jumpy in the pocket.

The kid is a gamer, decisive with the football & pretty accurate with his throws.
    its a funny thing. They said the same thing about Brady's arm. The rest is history and rings!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Who cares what he did in college. Charlie Ward and Tim Tebow won National Championships, doesnt make them an NFL QB. I like McElroy, but saying he played well in the SEC has no bearing for NFL success. Jamarcus Russell played well in the SEC too.
    bs

its a funny thing. They said the same thing about Brady's arm. The rest is history and rings!
    No they didn't. Liar.

McElroy is awful.

Hall Of Fame
    bs
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Back way from the pipe! The man has a noodle for an arm. Career backup if he is lucky.
    If I can find time I'm going to build a play by of tonight and then hand out noodle d!ck awards to those spewing the same old garbage despite the facts. Hey, ever think of going into journalism?

All because we traded for a "quarterback" that can't throw but refuses to play any position other than QB and has a reputation that makes it impossible for teams to realize that.

Hall Of Fame
    I can't wait to hear how great he was in High School, too.

Folks really REALLY need to STFU about how good someone was in college, how many championships they won.

It is IRRELEVANT to the NFL.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

Folks really REALLY need to STFU about how good someone was in college, how many championships they won.

_
    ^ This!

It is IRRELEVANT to the NFL. *

_
    *unless they are talking about Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did any of those " SCRUBS" ever win a SEC Championship? Have you ever watched SEC football? They field some very, very tough defenses. I would not be so quick as to write McElroy off as you did. I'd suggest you do some research into his career and you might be surprised. In any event I hope the guy gets a chance to play with the starters to show what he really can do against our opponents #1's.
    That doesn't mean dick.

Tebow is arguably the greatest college QB of all-time.

Doesn't change the fact that anyone with half a brain knows that he's not a viable NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame

_
    LOL..I know. Danny Wuerffel won 4 SEC championships, Tee Martin won a National Championship, Matt Mauck and Chris Leak also won National Championships. All SEC QBs. I can go on and on with non-SEC QBs who have won National Championships and have not done anything in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    *unless they are talking about Sanchez.
    Nope, still irrelevant.

Sanchez's success as a junior in the PAC 10 or whatever it's called is just as irrelevant as any other college QB.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That doesn't mean dick.

Tebow is arguably the greatest college QB of all-time.

Doesn't change the fact that anyone with half a brain knows that he's not a viable NFL QB.
    That's the problem.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Too bad this kid probably won't get a chance ever with our first team. I believe he could start in this league down the road. If he can prove to be durable that is. Something about him. I think he's a baller, accurate, smart and although he doesnt have a big arm, it's adequate.
    He will never be a starter for a winning nfl team. Not enough arm strength.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL..I know. Danny Wuerffel won 4 SEC championships, Tee Martin won a National Championship, Matt Mauck and Chris Leak also won National Championships. All SEC QBs. I can go on and on with non-SEC QBs who have won National Championships and have not done anything in the NFL.
    Jamelle Holliway won the National Championship as a true freshman and was a better runner than Tebow.

He was awesome as a pro.

_