Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little love for Quinton Coples on Rotoworld....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Maybin still looks like a one-trick pony to me. Speed rush or bust.
    Its hard to evaluate Maybin off this one pre-season game.. he will be the type of blitzer that is moved around and put in a position to succeed. I think the first preseason game is more about taking a few hits and getting back into the physical nature of the game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Maybin still looks like a one-trick pony to me. Speed rush or bust.
    Same to me. Maybin's a little thicker in the shoulders but still thin in the hips/core. Not enough core strength to bend around a tackle. Looks like a decathlete from the olympics. I'm so hoping he pans out. But he's got a lot more work to do. Let's hope because I'm still not seeing a fully rounded nfl player. And come next year, we will need two new OLBs. Hello Garret McIntyre.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't recall any Coples is a bust threads?

Perhaps I simply ignored them.
    The thread in question which I really didn't participate in had posters comparing Coples to Gholston, which clearly reads bust. Absolutely nothing about QC and Gholston are the same except that both were drafted by the NYJ. The whole tone was how we blew it with QC. To compare QC to Gholston is by implication to call him a bust and folks were basing their "expert" opinions on the fact that QC wasn't being mentioned in Tweeter feeds from training camp...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Same to me. Maybin's a little thicker in the shoulders but still thin in the hips/core. Not enough core strength to bend around a tackle. Looks like a decathlete from the olympics. I'm so hoping he pans out. But he's got a lot more work to do. Let's hope because I'm still not seeing a fully rounded nfl player. And come next year, we will need two new OLBs. Hello Garret McIntyre.
    A player like Maybin can wreak havoc went you start using other players to bust up assignments

He'll never win one on one or be the center piece to a defense, that we know

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Maybin is not the answer at OLB. He's an undersized 4-3 DE... His first step is explosive but he does not have the quickness or agility to be a 3-4 OLB

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    A player like Maybin can wreak havoc went you start using other players to bust up assignments

He'll never win one on one or be the center piece to a defense, that we know
    The Jets defense is not going to reveal their hand in the pre-season.

Maybin will be utilized in different formations and schemes.

We all know he's not Demarcus Ware.

I'm not worried about him.