Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/13 Jets Info

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Translate please.I don't tex or tweet or whatever that is.
    me neither. IFYP means i fixed your post.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sigh...
    Brian Hoyer next year?

All League
    People are forgetting we might have the best defense in the NFL. Couple that with the fact that Sanchez has limited WR tools right now, these numbers are more than acceptable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez's performance in 7 x 7 vs 11 x 11 has been the same since he's been a Jet.He practices better when less people are on the field.When it's man vs man with no Safeties,Sanchez is a HOF.Put the safeties on the field and throw some trash around his feet,and he's not so much.

I don't think that pretty boy likes getting hit.
    I don't know, you could also interpret that as the WR's not getting open with a full field of players, that's what we've been watching during the season for at least a year now. I was hopeful that a new coordinator would bring new routes and more success, but honestly we have nothing at WR (the fact that Cro is getting snaps there in practice proves it, and I sure don't want to see him get hurt playing offense...good to see you Tin

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    People are forgetting we might have the best defense in the NFL. Couple that with the fact that Sanchez has limited WR tools right now, these numbers are more than acceptable.
    Sounds more like he is playing the same way he did at the end of the season to me. The guy has plateaued, not going to get any better than what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    me neither. IFYP means i fixed your post.
    Saw what u did there,and i hope u are wrong.The OL that started on Friday was missing 1 starter and he's considered by many to be the worst of the bunch.

I am really Interested in the development of Austin Howard at LT.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I am leaning to read option as the wildcat depends on surprise. I don't see the formation the jets are going to use that does not flag the D.

1. If Tebow is the qb is is not a wildcat but the option.
    2. If tebow is on the field as a rb in either a 1 back or a two back set, he will
    get spied.
    3. If he comes in the game, when he subs the defense will sub.
    --- what might work if sanchez play actions to tebow and the does a qb keeper.
    Again, just because the defense might know what's coming doesn't mean they can stop it.

If they line up in cat formation and the D sells out on the run, Timmy can throw it. No team that has run wildcat recently has done so with a dual threat back there.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I think that's probably correct. And what we will ultimately see will not be strictly the "Wildcat" the "Read Option" the "Seminole", etc. It will be what's employed for the 2012 NY Jets.
    We should call it the "Semi-Wild-Option" then.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    What if this goes on for another 3 weeks? If Sanchez continues to struggle and if Tebow continues to make progress and throw the ball well? Who should be the #1 for our season opener?

Tebow must improve of course, but he's making progress and getting better. Sanchez on the other hand must improve as well, but he's struggling bigtime.
    I don't care if this "goes on for another 3 weeks." That was NEVER my point.

I've only been discussing Tebow's "game." He must improve and right now with the 2s, his completion percentage is hovering around 50%. Just as it was in the Bengals game.

If he, miraculously, improves his accuracy throughout the preseason then you can have the discussion.

In fact, I would go so far and say that if Tebow was a 60+ % passer without a hitch in his throw he'd be in a real QB competion splitting 1st team reps and would likely win the QB competition.

The reason why Tim Tebow is not the starting QB of the Denver Broncos or the starting QB of the NY Jets right now is because he doesn't pass like at least an average NFL QB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    If they line up in cat formation and the D sells out on the run, Timmy can throw it. No team that has run wildcat recently has done so with a dual threat back there.
    Depends on what you consider "wildcat". Cam was very successful running a read option last year and he can certainly throw it.

All League
    Sanchez's performance in 7 x 7 vs 11 x 11 has been the same since he's been a Jet.He practices better when less people are on the field.When it's man vs man with no Safeties,Sanchez is a HOF.Put the safeties on the field and throw some trash around his feet,and he's not so much.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it seems like your implying the Jets safties don't participate in 7 on 7. If so, that's the craziest 7 on 7 ever.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Sounds more like he is playing the same way he did at the end of the season to me. The guy has plateaued, not going to get any better than what he is.
    Based upon what, exactly?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I don't know, you could also interpret that as the WR's not getting open with a full field of players, that's what we've been watching during the season for at least a year now. I was hopeful that a new coordinator would bring new routes and more success, but honestly we have nothing at WR (the fact that Cro is getting snaps there in practice proves it, and I sure don't want to see him get hurt playing offense...good to see you Tin
    I agree that it's a mistake putting Cromartie on Offense.That cat don't like hitting so you can bet he's not going to like getting hit.He's going to "Short Arm too many passes IMHO to be an asset at WR.I think the coaching staff needs to allow these kids to work through the growing pains and see what pans out.All these kids have talent,but they need coaching.We need Patience with these kids and i am certain we will find a good one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    That's a good point as well.

Between the hammy and now the ribs, Holmes hasn't really been out there to provide Sanchez a veteran target against the 1's, nor has Kerley for that matter. The fact that they are using Cro is telling and scary at the same time.

Does anyone know if Tebow's numbers today were against the 1's or 2's?

Antonio Cromartie practices WR drills with Jets: 'Three years straight of begging...

BY SETH WALDER

CORTLAND -- Years of groveling are turning one of Antonio Cromartie’s dreams into a reality.

Cromartie participated in individual wide receiver drills on Monday for the first time, practicing cuts and routes with the other wideouts.

“It felt good. It’s just part of learning the steps. I think I felt pretty good today, catching the ball also,” Cromartie said. “I think it’s just trying to get more reps.”

The cornerback said he’s been asking coaches if he can play wide receiver since his rookie season in San Diego. As a Jet, too, he said, he’s asked every year.

“I don’t know, it’s fun,” said Cromartie. “It’s just an opportunity to get the balls in your hands. It’s just another challenge.”

Asked why he finally was being allowed to play some wide receiver this year, Cromartie replied, “We have a different coordinator.”

Cromartie made headlines earlier in training camp when he boasted to ESPN that he was already the team’s second-best wide receiver, after Santonio Holmes. Those comments offended WR Chaz Schilens, who said he felt slighted.

The cornerback said Holmes gave him pointers on various routes in Monday’s workout.

“The begging has paid off,” said Cromartie. “Three years straight of begging, trying to get offense. I can finally get my chance.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...egging-i-can-f

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

I've only been discussing Tebow's "game." He must improve and right now with the 2s, his completion percentage is hovering around 50%. Just as it was in the Bengals game.

If he, miraculously, improves his accuracy throughout the preseason then you can have the discussion.

In fact, I would go so far and say that if Tebow was a 60+ % passer without a hitch in his throw he'd be in a real QB competion splitting 1st team reps and would likely win the QB competition.

The reason why Tim Tebow is not the starting QB of the Denver Broncos or the starting QB of the NY Jets right now is because he doesn't pass like at least an average NFL QB.
    I've just got to ask... why do you keep bringing up 60% as the number Tebow needs to reach? You do realize that Sanchez has never been close to that in his career, don't you?

If Tebow is a 60% passer, Sanchez is on the 1st train out of town and the Jets would be serious title contenders. But he isn't and neither is #6. Both guys have serious flaws and must improve if this team is going anywhere.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it seems like your implying the Jets safties don't participate in 7 on 7. If so, that's the craziest 7 on 7 ever.
    Yeah, Tin, the only players not on the field in 7x7 are the Olines and DLines. The safeties are on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that it's a mistake putting Cromartie on Offense.That cat don't like hitting so you can bet he's not going to like getting hit.He's going to "Short Arm too many passes IMHO to be an asset at WR.I think the coaching staff needs to allow these kids to work through the growing pains and see what pans out.All these kids have talent,but they need coaching.We need Patience with these kids and i am certain we will find a good one.
    LOL. I imagine Cro would only want to run sideline patterns.

Cro don't want to go across the field.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

No, the reason why he's not starting (yet) is that the best QB in NFL history became a free agent. And if we could have paid Peyton 30 mil. per year Sanchez would be backing up either him or some other QB in the NFL. Don't kid yourself.

And don't be silly, Tebow will never be a 60+ % QB. Mike Vick is a 55% QB, so what you are asking him to do is absurd. Sanchez who is supposed to be an expert with these short throws is sitting at 55%. How come Tebow needs to be at over 60?