Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/13 Jets Info

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    As far as QB controversy....I'm not concerned with it. Either Sanchez is good and there's no problem. Or, he's less than good and we would be complaining about him anyway and thinking about his eventual replacement.
    Yeah, people seem to think that any potential booing of Sanchez is a defacto vote of support for Tebow when it's anything but. People would just be expressing displeasure at watching crap and they'd be doing it regardless of who the backup QB is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    sounds like Damien and I are on the same page
    When Brady was winning Super Bowls he had a bunch of JAGs at WR, and they lost some and just replaced them with other JAGS. He didn't miss a beat.

We could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their primes out there and Sanchez would still checkdown to the RB or TE. The guy is what he is, a marginal NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    If the Jets showed as much passion in developing Sanchez as they do the Wildcat the offense would be in a better place
    Who said offenseive lineman were dumb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugpg8XruhVk
    _

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Anything on Dowtin?

He isnt listed with the rehab group, but didnt play on friday?
    He did play!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on Cromartie being happy to play WR: "We'll see how excited he is when he gets smacked by a safety"

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Rex said Santonio will be ready for the season opener against Buffalo.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex still thinks Holmes will be ready for Buffalo

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    If the Jets showed as much passion in developing Sanchez as they do the Wildcat the offense would be in a better place
    The whole world has to make excuses for this kid.The Jets organization traded up for this kid and drafted him in the top 5 of the 1st round.He's supposed to make people around him better,not the other way around.After 3 yrs,he should not be making the same mistakes he made as a Rookie.Tom Brady developed behind Bledsoe playing with the 2nd team .Manning took 1st yr WRs Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon and never missed a beat when Harrison Retired.When will the excuses stop for this kid.If he was a 3rd or 4th rounder i could understand some of these excuses,but hewas a top 5 pick tradeup get because someone believed he could be special.

Thus far,he can't even lead his own offense,farless be the leader of the team.He should have been the player to put Holmes in his place last yr,but it was the OLmen who did it and the now fired OC who took the player off the field.

The wrong people are leading the Jets.There's a threat on here that states Tebow is the best QB for this team.I disagrre with 1 word.Take out the word QB and replace it with the word Leader and the OP would be 100% right.

Tebow is not a QB.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 08-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I agree with this. The Jets never go all in on a QB. They always put too much emphasis on being a game manager and not making mistakes which stunts their growth and makes them more likely to make mistakes
    Eh? They tried to take the training wheels off last year and become more of a pass happy team and the Qb couldn't handle it. (with dubious help from the front office.)

Any one that feels the Jets have slighted Sanchez in his development are out to lunch. They provided him with a team with a top notch oline, running game and defense the 1st two years. They brought him along slowly. They tried to give him the reigns in year three.

One can argue that the oc stunk or that the jets screwed up with the wr's and such but he has been given a far better career start than moist QB's get who get thrown to the wolves year one with bad teams, bad olines, bad defenses.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    The fact that he is not good in the pocket, can't feel pressure. The fact that he is afraid of the rush, and holds the ball too long. The fact that he doesn't throw the ball deep, don't blame that on the WRs or the OC. The fact that he is the master of the checkdown. The fact that he is not an accurate thrower. The fact that the front office tried to bring in Manning and then traded for Tebow. EVERYTHING needs to be A+, oline,wrs,rbs for him to succeed as a NFL QB, which is not the case for better QBs in the NFL.
    Sounds a lot like a developing QB to me. You still give no fact to support that he's "plateaued."

I'm not saying that Sanchez is the be-all-end-all. But three years is not enough time to say that a player has plateaued. In any position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The whole world has to make excuses for this kid.The Jets organization traded up for this kid and drafted him in the top 5 of the 1st round.He's supposed to make people around him better,not the other way around.After 3 yrs,he should not be making the same mistakes he made as a Rookie.
    The Jets haven't drafted a skill position in the first round since Santana Moss... 11 years ago. I'm sorry, but you think that a team shouldn't build around a QB... I don't agree with that at all. The Jets haven't focused on their offense at all. Drafting 2 OLineman in the first round 6 years ago is hardly building an offense. They have been stuck drafting DEs, CBs, and LBs for 12 years. That's why our offense sucks.

And I'm not sure why the entire JI/JETS nation can't understand the fact that Mark Sanchez was injured last season to the point of possibly needing surgery, but opting for rest and rehab instead. They couldn't cover for him. He got hit alot and hit hard. I've never seen a Jets QB survive just a handful of the hits he took and finish the season. 9 of his turnovers came in these injury games.
    Last edited by southside; 08-13-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Eh? They tried to take the training wheels off last year and become more of a pass happy team and the Qb couldn't handle it. (with dubious help from the front office.)

Any one that feels the Jets have slighted Sanchez in his development are out to lunch. They provided him with a team with a top notch oline, running game and defense the 1st two years. They brought him along slowly. They tried to give him the reigns in year three.

One can argue that the oc stunk or that the jets screwed up with the wr's and such but he has been given a far better career start than moist QB's get who get thrown to the wolves year one with bad teams, bad olines, bad defenses.
    All I know is that there must be something they don't believe in when it comes to Mark because any QB that has back to back AFC Championships and that type of playoff success is usually given the benefit of the doubt for at least a couple of years. For them to be looking to replace him after last year, when the team still finished 8-8, even with his poor play towards the end, tells me they are not giving him much credit for the previous playoff success.

It's just weird. Maybe he really did get comfortable but he certainly shouldn't be now. All I know is I don't know too many teams that bail out on a young QB after back to back AFCCG because of one mediocre year. I also don't know too many teams that have to light fires under their starters' asses. That fire should constantly be burning. If Peyton Manning can get the boot so can any other QB in the NFL.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    The Jets haven't drafted a skill position in the first round since Santana Moss... 11 years ago. I'm sorry, but you think that a team shouldn't build around a QB... I don't agree with that at all. The Jets haven't focused on their offense at all. Drafting 2 OLineman in the first round 6 years ago is hardly building an offense. They have been stuck drafting DEs, CBs, and LBs for 12 years. That's why our offense sucks.
    Having two defensive minded coaches for the last 7 years hasn't helped that either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Time for lunch then because they have cultivated a defense first mentality with a defensive head coach and never did anything to develop the player.

Giving him a top 5 defense does nothing to "develop a QB". Giving him a top oline or running game does nothing to "develop a QB" when you give him a sh*t OC and you jerk him around with his WRs. Why bis he still making the same mistakes--isn't the QB coach supposed to fix those things?

Oh, I forgot they deveolped him with a sh*t QB coach too.

It's like giving a kid who just got his license the keys to and Indy car and saying--"see you in 4 years kid, win the Indy 500, we're going to concentrate on NASCAR".

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Having two defensive minded coaches for the last 7 years hasn't helped that either.
    Yeah and hold over Schitty doesn't either. I mean, how can anyone not blame coaching for making every single QB ever under him have career lows.

Brett Favre is the best example of this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm not sure why the entire JI/JETS nation can't understand the fact that Mark Sanchez was injured last season to the point of possibly needing surgery, but opting for rest and rehab instead. They couldn't cover for him. He got hit alot and hit hard. I've never seen a Jets QB survive just a handful of the hits he took and finish the season. 9 of his turnovers came in these injury games.
    top 10

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    false.

when the Jets started last season in "pass happy" mode, Sanchez completed 63% of his passes, averaged 300 yards/game and posted a QB rating of 90. he had some bad mistakes (pick-six vs. Dallas, red-zone INT at Oakland), but overall the positives far outweighed the negatives and there's nothing to suggest that he "couldn't handle" carrying the load on offense.

the problem was the pass protection. Sanchez got sacked 9 times in the first 3 weeks, 4 times each by Dallas and Oakland. then came the disaster that was the Baltimore game and with Mangold out, Sanchez nearly got killed. after that game Rex decided to dial-back the passing and go back to a more run-oriented offense, starting with the game against the Pats*.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I am so sick and tired of hearing "he was given the best of everything--no one had it better ever".

How about having SOME focus on the offense?

No, he was given a top 5 defense--like that helped DEVELOP a young QB.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to say it, but I do not think Sparano is going to do any better than Schotty. There is no talent on this offense after Santonio. Double-team him and knock Keller on his ass, that was the book on the Jets in 2011.

Everyone knows that coaching is more important in the NFL than any other sport. But talent is more important. We just don't have that on offense. Can a coach come up with a scheme that can win 1 game? Sure. But in the long-run the cream rises to the top.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Thus far,he can't even lead his own offense,farless be the leader of the team.He should have been the player to put Holmes in his place last yr,but it was the OLmen who did it and the now fired OC who took the player off the field.
    Just curious.....the day after Sanchez threw for 3 tds on the road in NE, which was a week after he got us into position for a game winning field goal on the road in Indy, did you think he was a player who we had made excuses for? Was he not a strong enough leader to LEAD us to wins in those games?

He regressed in 2011 as did THE ENTIRE TEAM, It happens....

Did Pitts look to dump Rothlisberger when he came off a failed to lead his team to the playoffs in 2004, throwing for 18 TDs and 23 Ints, even after the post season success he had before?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    false.

when the Jets started last season in "pass happy" mode, Sanchez completed 63% of his passes, averaged 300 yards/game and posted a QB rating of 90. he had some bad mistakes (pick-six vs. Dallas, red-zone INT at Oakland), but overall the positives far outweighed the negatives and there's nothing to suggest that he "couldn't handle" carrying the load on offense.

the problem was the pass protection. Sanchez got sacked 9 times in the first 3 weeks, 4 times each by Dallas and Oakland. then came the disaster that was the Baltimore game and with Mangold out, Sanchez nearly got killed. after that game Rex decided to dial-back the passing and go back to a more run-oriented offense, starting with the game against the Pats*.
    I'm glad someone was ****ing watching the games last year...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like excuses softside.

When franchise QBs get knocked around it doesn't effect them.

Look at Brady and Rodgers facing the Giants--those two guys tore those defenses up.

And like when Favre's arm was hurt--he was OUTSTANDING down the stretch--made EVERYONE better.

Because that's what franchise QBs do.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

More excuses.

If he was injured he should have sat.He played hurt,so did alot of other NFL players.They went out and got him Braylon Edwards who half this board still wants.They traded for Holmes who they gave a huge contract too.3 of bthe OL went to the probowl last yr. The RB rushed for over 1000 yards,but the offense doesn't help Sanchez.OH,and they went out and got him a player to help him s ore TDs in the red zone who scored 8 or something like that,but nobody does anything to help poor Mark Sanchez
    "Ask not what your Team can do for you,but what can you do to help your team". Maybe he should make quicker reads,get rid of the Ball quicker and learn how to hit his outlets better.

OH,and 1 more thing.For a QB who everyone says excels at Play action passing,his fakes are the absolute worst.