Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 185

Thread: 08/13 Jets Info

  1. #141
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    If the Jets showed as much passion in developing Sanchez as they do the Wildcat the offense would be in a better place
    from your mouth to god's ears

  2. #142
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    false.

    when the Jets started last season in "pass happy" mode, Sanchez completed 63% of his passes, averaged 300 yards/game and posted a QB rating of 90. he had some bad mistakes (pick-six vs. Dallas, red-zone INT at Oakland), but overall the positives far outweighed the negatives and there's nothing to suggest that he "couldn't handle" carrying the load on offense.

    the problem was the pass protection. Sanchez got sacked 9 times in the first 3 weeks, 4 times each by Dallas and Oakland. then came the disaster that was the Baltimore game and with Mangold out, Sanchez nearly got killed. after that game Rex decided to dial-back the passing and go back to a more run-oriented offense, starting with the game against the Pats*.
    Dude, what's with the facts?

    This is the Pfail Strip.

    Sanchez had the best of EVERYTHING, didn't you hear?

    Good O-line in 2009 and 2010, progression at QB and 2 AFC Championship games.

    Sh*t O-line in 2011 and guess what, Sanchez couldn't elevate his team.

    NOBODY could have.

    But don't tell that to the Sanchez haters.

    _

  3. #143
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    More excuses.
    LOL, dump on Sanchez and you're just being objective, a realist.

    Point out REAL facts and they're just excuses.

    Too funny.

    _

  4. #144
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Just curious.....the day after Sanchez threw for 3 tds on the road in NE, which was a week after he got us into position for a game winning field goal on the road in Indy, did you think he was a player who we had made excuses for? Was he not a strong enough leader to LEAD us to wins in those games?

    He regressed in 2011 as did THE ENTIRE TEAM, It happens....

    Did Pitts look to dump Rothlisberger when he came off a failed to lead his team to the playoffs in 2004, throwing for 18 TDs and 23 Ints, even after the post season success he had before?


    Who was it that said after 3 yrs what you see in a player is pretty much what you're going to get.I didn't like this kid at USC,I didn't like trading up for him and i don't like 90% of what he has done as a Jet.He has no "SAND",and that stinks when you're supposed to lead men.

  5. #145
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Who was it that said after 3 yrs what you see in a player is pretty much what you're going to get.I didn't like this kid at USC,I didn't like trading up for him and i don't like 90% of what he has done as a Jet.He has no "SAND",and that stinks when you're supposed to lead men.

    well, at least that explains your objective analysis.

  6. #146
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not gonna lie, watching a guy like Luck come in and play like that made me a tad jealous. But I also love watching Mark lead the Jets twice to the AFCCG and nearly to the Super Bowl if not for a horrible defensive effort in both games.

    To some "coaching" means absolutely nothing in football. Mangold and Moore are the only lineman on the team worth a damn yet people want to act like it's full of all stars. It's not. DBrick, like it or not, is over rated and has been his entire career. He can't run block.

    D'BRICK GAVE UP MORE SACKS THAN WAYNE FKN HUNTER LAST SEASON!

    I'm sorry, but if you don't protect the QB then he isn't going to look good. And for the record, I'm not saying Mark is there yet either. He has weaknesses in his game but I'm willing to believe he is working those out. This fanbase (NYers in general) has ZERO patience for player development but they whine about our players and in the same breath site players like Rogers.. he sat for 3 years behind Brett Favre.. and Brees who sucked for 3 years to the point that they drafted a QB #4 overall and then gave up on him 2 years later only to have him become the best passer in the league. They didn't come out playing like that but you'd be damn sure that 95% of you think that a player should get to that level faster than it took the guy that's actually playing at that level. Reasoning ability. I guess it's not a gift possessed by everyone.

  7. #147
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Who was it that said after 3 yrs what you see in a player is pretty much what you're going to get.I didn't like this kid at USC,I didn't like trading up for him and i don't like 90% of what he has done as a Jet.He has no "SAND",and that stinks when you're supposed to lead men.
    Does the "space" bar cost extra such that you don't feel the need to put one after commas, periods, etc.?

    _

  8. #148
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    false.

    when the Jets started last season in "pass happy" mode, Sanchez completed 63% of his passes, averaged 300 yards/game and posted a QB rating of 90. he had some bad mistakes (pick-six vs. Dallas, red-zone INT at Oakland), but overall the positives far outweighed the negatives and there's nothing to suggest that he "couldn't handle" carrying the load on offense.

    the problem was the pass protection. Sanchez got sacked 9 times in the first 3 weeks, 4 times each by Dallas and Oakland. then came the disaster that was the Baltimore game and with Mangold out, Sanchez nearly got killed. after that game Rex decided to dial-back the passing and go back to a more run-oriented offense, starting with the game against the Pats*.
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Dude, what's with the facts?

    This is the Pfail Strip.


    _

    I agree. Sanchez would be amazing if he was on the All-Madden team.

  9. #149
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Who was it that said after 3 yrs what you see in a player is pretty much what you're going to get.I didn't like this kid at USC,I didn't like trading up for him and i don't like 90% of what he has done as a Jet.He has no "SAND",and that stinks when you're supposed to lead men.
    So you're done pumping up Josh Freeman then right? Because he was much worse than Sanchez last season.

  10. #150
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, watching a guy like Luck come in and play like that made me a tad jealous. But I also love watching Mark lead the Jets twice to the AFCCG and nearly to the Super Bowl if not for a horrible defensive effort in both games.

    To some "coaching" means absolutely nothing in football. Mangold and Moore are the only lineman on the team worth a damn yet people want to act like it's full of all stars. It's not. DBrick, like it or not, is over rated and has been his entire career. He can't run block.

    D'BRICK GAVE UP MORE SACKS THAN WAYNE FKN HUNTER LAST SEASON!

    I'm sorry, but if you don't protect the QB then he isn't going to look good. And for the record, I'm not saying Mark is there yet either. He has weaknesses in his game but I'm willing to believe he is working those out. This fanbase (NYers in general) has ZERO patience for player development but they whine about our players and in the same breath site players like Rogers.. he sat for 3 years behind Brett Favre.. and Brees who sucked for 3 years to the point that they drafted a QB #4 overall and then gave up on him 2 years later only to have him become the best passer in the league. They didn't come out playing like that but you'd be damn sure that 95% of you think that a player should get to that level faster than it took the guy that's actually playing at that level. Reasoning ability. I guess it's not a gift possessed by everyone.
    We agree on something.I never like Brick either from Jump street. I bet if you look up his stats they could convince you that i am wrong.These people are pros and are supposed to be some of the best in the world at what they do.Every now and then,they will wow you with a Play.The problem arises when the pressure is on and u stink up the joint on a consistant basis.

    I could careless what u do when the pressure is off.Show me some "Sand" when you have to make a play and all odds are against u.

  11. #151
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    So you're done pumping up Josh Freeman then right? Because he was much worse than Sanchez last season.
    I never pumped up Freeman, i just preferred him over Sanchez. He was more pro ready, bigger stronger and would not have forced us to trade up to get him. I never wanted to start him from day 1 either like we did with Sanchez.


    1 more thing, Josh Freeman isn't screwing up the offense of my favorite team. I am not a Bucs fan, so what do i care what he does.



    Is that better Mr Stokes.

  12. #152
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

    Is that better Mr Stokes.
    No need to skimp on the question mark, but yeah, much better.

    _

  13. #153
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    We agree on something.I never like Brick either from Jump street. I bet if you look up his stats they could convince you that i am wrong.These people are pros and are supposed to be some of the best in the world at what they do.Every now and then,they will wow you with a Play.The problem arises when the pressure is on and u stink up the joint on a consistant basis.

    I could careless what u do when the pressure is off.Show me some "Sand" when you have to make a play and all odds are against u.
    I'm willing to give the QB more than 3 years.. possibly just this last season, maybe 2 seasons, before I make a definitive "he can be" or "he can't be". And it's for all the reasons I've stated. Offensive coaching has been atrocious. Offensive talent has been marginal at best. We take other teams problems and castoffs and call that building around the QB? I don't think so. Then we take the more productive WR and cast him off meanwhile signing the team cancer to a 50M dollar contract. That's not building around the QB and even if it was it takes a while to develop QBs.

    Mark might not have "it" but if he fails it certainly won't be because he was given every chance to succeed. Quite the opposite, the kid has inherited chaos since day 1 with the changing of the Favre Guard, a new rookie HC, the massive amount of pressure on him just playing for NY and then Rex's guarantees coupled with a defense that says they can win the Super Bowl if Mark doesn't screw up. Contrast that with Andrew Luck. He comes into the worst team in the league and with ZERO expectations. It's perfectly acceptable for him and win 6 games his first season... he's supposed to be the best QB prospect ever. That's never been the case with Mark. 9 wins, AFC Championship Game, and he STILL got pummeled. Does it again, still not good enough.

    It's unreasonable expectations. Young QBs struggle in the NFL. It's been that way for a long time with very few exceptions. He just turned 26. I'm going to wait this out a little bit. That's all I'm saying.

  14. #154
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    What if this goes on for another 3 weeks? If Sanchez continues to struggle and if Tebow continues to make progress and throw the ball well? Who should be the #1 for our season opener?

    Tebow must improve of course, but he's making progress and getting better. Sanchez on the other hand must improve as well, but he's struggling bigtime.
    Is this a real question? Nothing happens. As the HC has said repeatedly there is no competition, Sanchez is the starter.

    We've seen backup QBs put up nice numbers a million times in camps all across the NFL. Happens, yet nothing changes. Coaches aren't dumb enough to look at numbers when one guy is competing against scrubs and the other gets 1st stringers.

    No matter how much you want it

  15. #155
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I never pumped up Freeman, i just preferred him over Sanchez. He was more pro ready, bigger stronger and would not have forced us to trade up to get him. I never wanted to start him from day 1 either like we did with Sanchez.


    1 more thing, Josh Freeman isn't screwing up the offense of my favorite team. I am not a Bucs fan, so what do i care what he does.
    Well the point is that the book is not written on either player (though it's a big year for both). They're both now just entering the prime of their careers.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 08-13-2012 at 06:27 PM.

  16. #156
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No need to skimp on the question mark, but yeah, much better.

    _
    Ball breaking is an art sir.

  17. #157
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got cleared from my concussion back to practice in the morn -- Brett Roy (@BrettRoy47)

  18. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Is this a real question? Nothing happens. As the HC has said repeatedly there is no competition, Sanchez is the starter.

    We've seen backup QBs put up nice numbers a million times in camps all across the NFL. Happens, yet nothing changes. Coaches aren't dumb enough to look at numbers when one guy is competing against scrubs and the other gets 1st stringers.

    No matter how much you want it
    “We’ll have an offense, and the Wildcat will be part of our offense; we’ve said it from Day 1,” Ryan said. “The great thing is, you don’t know if we’re going to run it once. You don’t know if we’re going to run it 20 times, 50 times, whatever. That’s up to us. If you’re not prepared for it, why wouldn’t we run it?”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/sp...-practice.html
    He is, but he's a starter that might have to give Tebow 50 plays some games.

    Is it just me or did that number escalate from 15-20 really fast?

  19. #159
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    He is, but he's a starter that might have to give Tebow 50 plays some games.

    Is it just me or did that number escalate from 15-20 really fast?
    he also said he might run it once a game. keep it in your pants

  20. #160
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree. Sanchez would be amazing if he was on the All-Madden team.
    It's really a chicken-or-the-egg kind of situation

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us