Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/13 Jets Info

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

08/13 Jets Info

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Cromartie is doing position drills with the receivers today. #nyj

Holmes is doing individual receiver drills today. #nyj

Don't see Po'uha (forehead/back) or Smith (knee) out on the field today.

Looks like usual rehab group today: Hunter, Kerley, Schilens, Holmes, Sapp, Heyer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Santonio Holmes is giving Cromartie some pointers during WR drills

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    LaRon Landry on the bike during individual drills.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    RB Joe McKnight, who rolled an ankle yesterday, is participating in positional drills. Holmes (ribs) in WR drills.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-13-2012 at 08:56 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything on Dowtin?

He isnt listed with the rehab group, but didnt play on friday?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Anything on Dowtin?

He isnt listed with the rehab group, but didnt play on friday?
    I thought he played Fri? And I'm pretty sure he practiced yesterday--Dan Leberfeld mentioned he made a couple of nice plays

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    What's the story with Pouha? I thought he had a simple cut on his head, but he seems to be out for quite a while. I wonder if he had a concussion or if they are simply giving the big vet a breather in camp. The Chester McGlockton treatment, so to speak.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What's the story with Pouha? I thought he had a simple cut on his head, but he seems to be out for quite a while. I wonder if he had a concussion or if they are simply giving the big vet a breather in camp. The Chester McGlockton treatment, so to speak.
    I guessed yesterday a concussion...But nothing reported..I think it was reported his back has acted up too

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are practicing the Wildcat in front of the media for the first time. And so it begins

Hold the presses: The Jets are practicing the Wildcat today

Don't expect many specifics from media. Practice is closed to the public so there are restrictions on what we are permitted to report.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-13-2012 at 09:10 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I thought he played Fri? And I'm pretty sure he practiced yesterday--Dan Leberfeld mentioned he made a couple of nice plays
    He did actually, I must have missed him towards the end....box score has him with one tackle. Hopefully he gets more run next week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Patrick Show ‏@dpshow
    Today's show...Greg Buttle hosts with guests Chris Mannix, Rich Lerner, Brian Billick and Jon Wertheim. Visit http://www.danpatrick.com for more

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at training camp on Sunday.

As much as it pains me..Tebow looked pretty good in 11 in 11. He threw a pick but was solid all around. McElroy looked good. Holmes was not taking plays but was on the field stretching and participating in non contact drills.

Mark looked very "late 2011ish".

Kicking and punting appeared to be creating good competition.

Starting Oline were doing drills most of the morning...difficult to say anything there. Vlad looks good in drills. Reminds me of the polish Navy joke. Great until you put them in water.

Maybin seems "removed" from the reality that he played poorly Friday. He was interacting with fans a bit when others weren't.

Hill had a few drops..nothing to be excited about. I hope.

Seems to me...the drills were not at full speed and Sunday was more/equally a fan exhibition and workout than a true skills review.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 08-13-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw some video of Pouha practicing with a bandage on his forehead under his helmet. Those cuts have a habit of reopening, especially when you are butting heads a lot like Pouha does. Have to give the scab or stitches (don't know if he has stitches) time to mend. The scab softens when you sweat, falls off and you are back to square one. Can last for months if he keeps reopening it. Since it is training camp, they are probably giving it time to heal. I don't think they are worrying about Pouha falling behind, he knows this system. If anything it will give the younger guys more reps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter and Howard are rotating again at RT.

With Smith (knee) out and Landry on a pitch count, rookie Josh Bush is working with the first team defense.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Team drills: No Landry. Bell and Bush at safety.

Let's see what Josh has

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I guessed yesterday a concussion...But nothing reported..I think it was reported his back has acted up too
    Could be, but I remember reading that rhe cut was right on his forehead and was pretty bad, requiring 5-6 stitches.

I would imagine that until it heals properly he can't put on his helmet or take any contact without the cut opening back up.

Hopefully, it's not a concussion and just something this simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I saw some video of Pouha practicing with a bandage on his forehead under his helmet. Those cuts have a habit of reopening, especially when you are butting heads a lot like Pouha does. Have to give the scab or stitches (don't know if he has stitches) time to mend. The scab softens when you sweat, falls off and you are back to square one. Can last for months if he keeps reopening it. Since it is training camp, they are probably giving it time to heal. I don't think they are worrying about Pouha falling behind, he knows this system. If anything it will give the younger guys more reps.
    good point

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I was at training camp on Sunday.

As much as it pains me..Tebow looked pretty good in 11 in 11. He threw a pick but was solid all around. McElroy looked good. Holmes was not taking plays but was on the field stretching and participating in non contact drills.

Mark looked very "late 2011ish".

Kicking and punting appeared to be creating good competition.

???? I thought we cut punter number 2 and only Conley remained in camp

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets continuing work on Wildcat-type plays in 11-on-11 team drills.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    good point
    +2.

I'm sure Pouha doesn't mind taking it easy. He's far from a lazy guy, but few will object to sitting out to let (what appears to be) a superficial cut heal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heh
    @MikeTanier
    Jets media are not allowed to Tweet about the Wildcat at the Jets closed practice today, but I can, because I am not there at all.

@SC_DougFarrar
    @MikeTanier Make sure to misidentify the read option plays as Wildcats over and over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This, we can tweet: Sanchez is 6-for-6 in 7-on-7 period. Good passing day

Wayne Hunter is on the ground getting stretched by trainers

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    ???? I thought we cut punter number 2 and only Conley remained in camp

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Incumbent T.J. Conley had a punt blocked for a Cincinnati touchdown Friday night. But it was challenger Travis Baltz, an undrafted free agent, who was waived by the team Sunday.

Coach Rex Ryan and special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff made it clear the block wasn't Conley's fault, each citing the fact the Jets were using all rookies in protection, leading to a breakdown.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/16...tz_waived.html