Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 185

Thread: 08/13 Jets Info

  1. #21
    New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    #JH WR Jeremy Kerley continuing to return to full-form. Today he's been returning punts at practice

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Incumbent T.J. Conley had a punt blocked for a Cincinnati touchdown Friday night. But it was challenger Travis Baltz, an undrafted free agent, who was waived by the team Sunday.

    Coach Rex Ryan and special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff made it clear the block wasn't Conley's fault, each citing the fact the Jets were using all rookies in protection, leading to a breakdown.

    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/16...tz_waived.html
    Thanks...I was on the other side of the field and half the players had their jerseys folded up and it was hard to see the numbers at times.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,996
    The blocked punt was Josh Bush's blown assignment in protection.

  4. #24
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,374
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Heh
    @MikeTanier
    Jets media are not allowed to Tweet about the Wildcat at the Jets closed practice today, but I can, because I am not there at all.

    @SC_DougFarrar
    @MikeTanier Make sure to misidentify the read option plays as Wildcats over and over.
    Why is everyone so sure that just because Tebow ran the read option in Denver that he's going to do the same here? Regardless of what he did in Denver, he is still a very nice fit for Sparano's Wildcat and what we ran here with Leon and Brad Smith.

    I'm sure there will be elements of both, but everyone seems to come up with some pre-conceived idea of how this offense will run and stick with it, despite the fact that we haven't seen anything to substantiate what will happen.

    And even when we get our first look at what is installed, that hardly means that its the final word on how this offense will run. Tebow wasn't the starting QB at the beginning of the season in Denver last year. Somehow, that offense evolved over time. Likewise, when Sparano installed the Wildcat against the Pats for the first time several years ago, it really wasn't seen beforehand. I'm sure the teams had practiced those sets since the preseason, but they weren't the crux of the offense. Whilst I'm sure the team will be practicing certain base plays that they will rely on, the playbook, as it relates to Tebow, isn't written in stone just yet.

    And with respect to the Wildcat vs. Read/Option....Sparano and Ryan both have referred to the Wildcat in several interviews. So, either they don't appreciate/care about the difference, or there will be at least some Wildcat (Single Wing) formations.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Why is everyone so sure that just because Tebow ran the read option in Denver that he's going to do the same here? Regardless of what he did in Denver, he is still a very nice fit for Sparano's Wildcat and what we ran here with Leon and Brad Smith.

    I'm sure there will be elements of both, but everyone seems to come up with some pre-conceived idea of how this offense will run and stick with it, despite the fact that we haven't seen anything to substantiate what will happen.

    And even when we get our first look at what is installed, that hardly means that its the final word on how this offense will run. Tebow wasn't the starting QB at the beginning of the season in Denver last year. Somehow, that offense evolved over time. Likewise, when Sparano installed the Wildcat against the Pats for the first time several years ago, it really wasn't seen beforehand. I'm sure the teams had practiced those sets since the preseason, but they weren't the crux of the offense. Whilst I'm sure the team will be practicing certain base plays that they will rely on, the playbook, as it relates to Tebow, isn't written in stone just yet.
    I am leaning to read option as the wildcat depends on surprise. I don't see the formation the jets are going to use that does not flag the D.

    1. If Tebow is the qb is is not a wildcat but the option.
    2. If tebow is on the field as a rb in either a 1 back or a two back set, he will
    get spied.
    3. If he comes in the game, when he subs the defense will sub.
    --- what might work if sanchez play actions to tebow and the does a qb keeper.

  6. #26
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Sione Po'uha just strolled onto the field. No pads. Not working bandage seems gone from his forehead

    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Sanchez in 11-on-11 drills today: 4-for-12 with an INT and 2 sacks. Tebow 5-for-6 with 2 sacks.

  7. #27
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Both kickers 4-for-4 today. Folk's long was 53 yards

  8. #28
    And for laughs

    TwhitlockJason ‏@TwhitlockJason
    Antonio Cromartie's financial advisor would be ecstatic to hear that he was caught with a receipt for condoms

  9. #29

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,722
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I was at training camp on Sunday.

    As much as it pains me..Tebow looked pretty good in 11 in 11. He threw a pick but was solid all around. McElroy looked good. Holmes was not taking plays but was on the field stretching and participating in non contact drills.

    Mark looked very "late 2011ish".

    Kicking and punting appeared to be creating good competition.

    Starting Oline were doing drills most of the morning...difficult to say anything there. Vlad looks good in drills. Reminds me of the polish Navy joke. Great until you put them in water.

    Maybin seems "removed" from the reality that he played poorly Friday. He was interacting with fans a bit when others weren't.

    Hill had a few drops..nothing to be excited about. I hope.

    Seems to me...the drills were not at full speed and Sunday was more/equally a fan exhibition and workout than a true skills review.
    Who is the other punter CPA? I thought they cut one Saturday.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    LaRon Landry on the bike during individual drills.
    Landry's going to win the Tour de France at this rate

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Sanchez in 11-on-11 drills today: 4-for-12 with an INT and 2 sacks. Tebow 5-for-6 with 2 sacks.
    Sigh...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Sanchez in 11-on-11 drills today: 4-for-12 with an INT and 2 sacks. Tebow 5-for-6 with 2 sacks.
    Ugh......Our starter is not good under pressure and our oline is getting ass booted so far this year. I hope to heck that Sparano puts good use of the max protect blocking scheme.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,996
    Folk is going to win the kicking job again at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And with respect to the Wildcat vs. Read/Option....Sparano and Ryan both have referred to the Wildcat in several interviews. So, either they don't appreciate/care about the difference, or there will be at least some Wildcat (Single Wing) formations.
    This is a fair point. I assume that Doug Farrar is just getting annoyed at any designed QB run being referred to as WILDCAT.

    Having offensive packages specifically designed for Tebow can only be a good thing since Mike McCoy admitted he had no experience in single wing, read-options, shuffle options, etc... and how they're supposed to be used. He started watching college football for ideas midseason.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,722
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Why is everyone so sure that just because Tebow ran the read option in Denver that he's going to do the same here? Regardless of what he did in Denver, he is still a very nice fit for Sparano's Wildcat and what we ran here with Leon and Brad Smith.

    I'm sure there will be elements of both, but everyone seems to come up with some pre-conceived idea of how this offense will run and stick with it, despite the fact that we haven't seen anything to substantiate what will happen.

    And even when we get our first look at what is installed, that hardly means that its the final word on how this offense will run. Tebow wasn't the starting QB at the beginning of the season in Denver last year. Somehow, that offense evolved over time. Likewise, when Sparano installed the Wildcat against the Pats for the first time several years ago, it really wasn't seen beforehand. I'm sure the teams had practiced those sets since the preseason, but they weren't the crux of the offense. Whilst I'm sure the team will be practicing certain base plays that they will rely on, the playbook, as it relates to Tebow, isn't written in stone just yet.

    And with respect to the Wildcat vs. Read/Option....Sparano and Ryan both have referred to the Wildcat in several interviews. So, either they don't appreciate/care about the difference, or there will be at least some Wildcat (Single Wing) formations.
    My thinking is that they are simply using the term "wildcat" generically to mean anything other than a traditional offense.

  16. #36
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,374
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I am leaning to read option as the wildcat depends on surprise. I don't see the formation the jets are going to use that does not flag the D.

    1. If Tebow is the qb is is not a wildcat but the option.
    2. If tebow is on the field as a rb in either a 1 back or a two back set, he will
    get spied.
    3. If he comes in the game, when he subs the defense will sub.
    --- what might work if sanchez play actions to tebow and the does a qb keeper.
    Why is that any different than when Brad Smith was taking the snaps? The Jets ran the Wildcat. Sparano runs the Wildcat. Tebow has the perfect skills to run the Wildcat.

    And if the Jets have the ability to run both, wouldn't it be not as predictable?

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ugh......Our starter is not good under pressure and our oline is getting ass booted so far this year. I hope to heck that Sparano puts good use of the max protect blocking scheme.
    I'd be curious to know more about the passes. For instance, were there any drops? But also, as you say, how much pressure was he getting.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sigh...
    Don't worry. You'll get your wish after Saturday's game.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ugh......Our starter is not good under pressure and our oline is getting ass booted so far this year. I hope to heck that Sparano puts good use of the max protect blocking scheme.
    maybe I missed it but I didn't see any tweets on if each QB was gong against the 1s on D...

  20. #40
    The thing that stands out at every practice and really should worry us all. The fact that regardless of who is in at QB, the are sacked way too much.

    This has a negative affect on the d too. They are practicing against and having success against our crappy o line and receivers. When they go against another teams they get zero pressure and can't cover.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us