Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/13 Jets Info

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sigh...
    6-6 in 7 v7. What does that tell you? Oline not holding up? Wr not doing their job. Stop the nonsense. And don't tell me tebow was 5-6, he is facing the 2's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'd be curious to know more about the passes. For instance, were there any drops? But also, as you say, how much pressure was he getting.
    There's no context in any of these raw stats. What down/distance were they practicing? If it's 3rd and 8, and one of the completions was a 6 yard dumpoff, it's just as unsuccessful yet people will consider it a plus just based on a completion percentage that was tweeted.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    My thinking is that they are simply using the term "wildcat" generically to mean anything other than a traditional offense.
    I think that's probably correct. And what we will ultimately see will not be strictly the "Wildcat" the "Read Option" the "Seminole", etc. It will be what's employed for the 2012 NY Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turner and hill facing cro and revis, Sanchez has nothing to work with. Turner and hill vs wilson and lankster, big difference. Tebow is facing the jv team

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    The thing that stands out at every practice and really should worry us all. The fact that regardless of who is in at QB, the are sacked way too much.

This has a negative affect on the d too. They are practicing against and having success against our crappy o line and receivers. When they go against another teams they get zero pressure and can't cover.
    Exactly. You hear about all the sacks our defense gets, yet in the real game they get ZERO pressure. Our oline can't even hold up against our abysmal pass rush, when we go against a team that can actually get pressure its going to be bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be curious to know more about the passes. For instance, were there any drops? But also, as you say, how much pressure was he getting.
    2 sacks for each QB in that limited amount of time is not a good thing, let alone pressure with no sacks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Don't worry. You'll get your wish after Saturday's game.
    You are too funny. If those were Tebows numbers you'd be all over him and call him a special teamer who can't play QB and be happy as hell for the rest of the day, like the rest of the Sanchez fanatics. Nobody does that with Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are too funny. If those were Tebows numbers you'd be all over him and call him a special teamer who can't play QB and be happy as hell for the rest of the day, like the rest of the Sanchez fanatics. Nobody does that with Sanchez.
    But Tebow is a STer who can't play QB unless he learns how to throw the ball properly and raises his completion percentage over 60% based on the style of play.

Whether Sanchez sucks or not has no relevance to Tebow's weaknesses which you wish to ignore or explain away.

Tebow MUST improve his passing ability if he wants to be a longterm NFL QB.

Do you deny that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    This, we can tweet: Sanchez is 6-for-6 in 7-on-7 period. Good passing day

Sanchez in 11-on-11 drills today: 4-for-12

This bares watching for the remainder of camp.I have been paying perticular attention to these reports and it seems that Sanchez always have decent reports when there're less players on the field.I don't really care about Tebow because he's not the starting QB.This is what i see when i watch the games on sunday and in preseason.It doesn't appear that Sanchez has the confidence to attempt throws into tight coverage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really should get some cheese to go with your whine

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Before anyone gets too twisted about Sanchez practice stats in 11 x 11, am I the only one who wasn't dazzled by our WR's the other night? Seems OL and WR remain a glaring weakness, and time is marching on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AlbertBreer
    "Wildcat" is a slippery term ... On the day I was in Cortland, Jets ran option/single-wing elements in short-yardage & goal-line drills. ...

... That, of course, was the day when Tebow was "Live", had a big day in practice.

So it's a little misleading to say this is the first day of "Wildcat", b/c that term has become so widely used to describe option football.
    Last edited by ozu; 08-13-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

This bares watching for the remainder of camp.I have been paying perticular attention to these reports and it seems that Sanchez always have decent reports when there're less players on the field.I don't really care about Tebow because he's not the starting QB.This is what i see when i watch the games on sunday and in preseason.It doesn't appear that Sanchez has the confidence to attempt throws into tight coverage.

Or perhaps are defense is making plays.....If Sanchez goes 10 for 10 we would all be saying what's wrong with the defense...lol...worse then the media...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Before anyone gets too twisted about Sanchez practice stats in 11 x 11, am I the only one who wasn't dazzled by our WR's the other night? Seems OL and WR remain a glaring weakness, and time is marching on.
    You are not alone.

Add RB's to that IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

This bares watching for the remainder of camp.I have been paying perticular attention to these reports and it seems that Sanchez always have decent reports when there're less players on the field.I don't really care about Tebow because he's not the starting QB.This is what i see when i watch the games on sunday and in preseason.It doesn't appear that Sanchez has the confidence in his offensive line to attempt throws into tight coverage.
    IFYP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Sanchez's performance in 7 x 7 vs 11 x 11 has been the same since he's been a Jet.He practices better when less people are on the field.When it's man vs man with no Safeties,Sanchez is a HOF.Put the safeties on the field and throw some trash around his feet,and he's not so much.

I don't think that pretty boy likes getting hit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You are not alone.

Add RB's to that IMO.
    yes, Bilal Powell looked an awful lot like the same Bilal Powell I watched last season, I didn't see anything to justify this summer's hype

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent day for our starting QB

Our backup McElroy passed well too

Thankfully our Wildcat runner wont be allowed to pass because he stinks at it

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    IFYP
    Translate please.I don't tex or tweet or whatever that is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    But Tebow is a STer who can't play QB unless he learns how to throw the ball properly and raises his completion percentage over 60% based on the style of play.

Whether Sanchez sucks or not has no relevance to Tebow's weaknesses which you wish to ignore or explain away.

Tebow MUST improve his passing ability if he wants to be a longterm NFL QB.

Do you deny that?
    What if this goes on for another 3 weeks? If Sanchez continues to struggle and if Tebow continues to make progress and throw the ball well? Who should be the #1 for our season opener?

Tebow must improve of course, but he's making progress and getting better. Sanchez on the other hand must improve as well, but he's struggling bigtime.