Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 08/13 Jets Info

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The whole world has to make excuses for this kid.The Jets organization traded up for this kid and drafted him in the top 5 of the 1st round.He's supposed to make people around him better,not the other way around.After 3 yrs,he should not be making the same mistakes he made as a Rookie.Tom Brady developed behind Bledsoe playing with the 2nd team .Manning took 1st yr WRs Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon and never missed a beat when Harrison Retired.When will the excuses stop for this kid.If he was a 3rd or 4th rounder i could understand some of these excuses,but hewas a top 5 pick tradeup get because someone believed he could be special.

Thus far,he can't even lead his own offense,farless be the leader of the team.He should have been the player to put Holmes in his place last yr,but it was the OLmen who did it and the now fired OC who took the player off the field.

The wrong people are leading the Jets.There's a threat on here that states Tebow is the best QB for this team.I disagrre with 1 word.Take out the word QB and replace it with the word Leader and the OP would be 100% right.

Tebow is not a QB.
    I have to agree with you and I root every week for Sanchez to be great. It's just not in the cards. I think putting his face on a billboard in Times Square also entered the Jets mindset when they made the pick..unfortunately. Just more gimmicks from this team. I saw 2 episodes of how the Steelers of the early 70s were built, 8 of the starting 11 on D were all pro. 9 of the 22 starters went to the Hall of Fame. Makes me sick contrasting their management with the Jets. Always trying to make a splash in the media but to the detriment of the franchise.

The hand writing is on the wall, the second they got Tebow, they now know that Sanchez has too many limitations and is not the guy. I'm sure (thy better haha) know that Tebow is not the guy.

So here we go again, more time wasted, 50Mill blown on a hyped USC QB who barely started 1 year in college as he padded stats in that 1 year against overmatched competition, like all USC QBs do.

I saw Mike Pettine quoted yesterday basically saying that "we don't care that it won't look pretty with these 2 QBs but we brought in Tebow to help get the defense some rest" (not the exact words but that's what he meant).

Oh well, 4-12 this year. The offense can't score. I've watched enough football in my life to see what's coming.

I hope there are some great QBs in next years draft who have played all 4 years in college. That's critical to success in the nfl per Bill Parcells. At least another miss won't be as costly as it once was. Sanchez makes almost 3x wht Cam Newton and Andrew Luck make, and I don't hold that against him.

He's not the guy nor is Tebow...more wasted time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I have to agree with you and I root every week for Sanchez to be great. It's just not in the cards. I think putting his face on a billboard in Times Square also entered the Jets mindset when they made the pick..unfortunately. Just more gimmicks from this team. I saw 2 episodes of how the Steelers of the early 70s were built, 8 of the starting 11 on D were all pro. 9 of the 22 starters went to the Hall of Fame. Makes me sick contrasting their management with the Jets. Always trying to make a splash in the media but to the detriment of the franchise.

The hand writing is on the wall, the second they got Tebow, they now know that Sanchez has too many limitations and is not the guy. I'm sure (thy better haha) know that Tebow is not the guy.

So here we go again, more time wasted, 50Mill blown on a hyped USC QB who barely started 1 year in college as he padded stats in that 1 year against overmatched competition, like all USC QBs do.

I saw Mike Pettine quoted yesterday basically saying that "we don't care that it won't look pretty with these 2 QBs but we brought in Tebow to help get the defense some rest" (not the exact words but that's what he meant).

Oh well, 4-12 this year. The offense can't score. I've watched enough football in my life to see what's coming.

I hope there are some great QBs in next years draft who have played all 4 years in college. That's critical to success in the nfl per Bill Parcells. At least another miss won't be as costly as it once was. Sanchez makes almost 3x wht Cam Newton and Andrew Luck make, and I don't hold that against him.

He's not the guy nor is Tebow...more wasted time.
    I'd prefer 1-15 to 4-12 any day of the week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what makes this team so much worse than last years that you're predicting at least four more losses despite a more favorable schedule?

just curious.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn! Matt Moore got blown up! haha.

I gotta say, I never thought Sanchez would be good, and part of that is that I never wanted him to, and another part of it is that I just don't feel good about USC QB's. However, I don't think he's gotten the coaching he needs. I think with the right coaches he could be serviceable. The problem is, in todays NFl, if your qb is serviceable, then the rest of the team needs to be pretty darn good, and it's just hard to keep that type of talent.

Another problem you guys have, is that like I said, with the right coaching I think he could've been good. I think it might be a little too late for that, and if it isn't, I don't think your going to get it from Sparano. One key word I heard Sanchez say, and it really makes me cringe, he used the word "robotic". It was in a recent interview and Sanchez was just talking about how he's improved and what he's working on, and then he mentioned something about just trying to go through my reads, bla bla bla, "be more robotic". That's exactly how people described Henne, and most people thought Henne was on too tight of a leash, and they wouldn't let him just drop back and rip it. I know that's what you guys want in Sanchez, so when I heard that it was just like a flashback to henne. I really thought our coaches ruined Henne that way, basically overcoaching him. And I think that might be what they're doing to Sanchez. Basically taking away the mental part of his game, and having him follow their plan to a T. And I believe quarterbacks need to be able to think and diagnose stuff on their own to a certain extent. Just my opinion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    We agree on something.I never like Brick either from Jump street. I bet if you look up his stats they could convince you that i am wrong.These people are pros and are supposed to be some of the best in the world at what they do.Every now and then,they will wow you with a Play.The problem arises when the pressure is on and u stink up the joint on a consistant basis.

I could careless what u do when the pressure is off.Show me some "Sand" when you have to make a play and all odds are against u.
    Brick really needs to step it up. There are some plays where he's the clear weak link, does this dude have sleep apnea