Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jets looking for wide receiver help

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Any veteran brought in now is a huge downgrade over the WR they should have signed....Braylon Edwards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    This much I can tell you: The chances of that happening are remote. ... Don't be surprised if the Jets add a veteran before the start of the regular season.
    This much can you tell me - do you like making up ****? Where do you get your headline from? Based on what?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better him than Chad Johnson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big fat no to Plax and TO. It can't hurt to give any of the others a shot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    This much can you tell me - do you like making up ****? Where do you get your headline from? Based on what?
    It was the lead article in today's Bleacher email, I think linking to a Post article.

On Ocho, we had a chance before the Dolphin's took him and had no interest, why would we now? By his own admission he didn't have the brain power to pick up the Pats offense, I'm guessing he wasn't doing so hot for the phins and they jumped on the chance to dump him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol here we go again.

I know this guy's name, he used to be good! Let's sign him even though he has been sent packing from 3 teams in the past couple of years! He's the answer to our problems!

WR isn't a major problem. They have a bunch of young guys who won't get better sitting on the bench. Let the kids play. Most of them have skills.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hear this: the Rams are likely going to waive a young and pretty talented WR in the coming weeks. Seriously. Maybe a guy like Danario Alexander or Brandon Gibson or Austin Pettis. I'd much rather take a flier on a younger guy with potential than an old retread.
    Last edited by BamaJets; 08-13-2012 at 07:16 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    everyone realizes the guy was cut because he wasn't able to move in and out of his breaks right? you all realize that moving in and out of your breaks is the #1 tool of 99% of WR's in the league, specifically those like Lee Evans, right?

The guy has nothing left in the tank...Next stop is retirement...Bringing him in would be a waste of time. Make no mistake...If the guy had anything left, he wouldn't be available at present.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Chad Johnson over Lee Evans at this point, and I'm no longer as high on Chad Johnson as I once was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great. Another thread where the poster doesn't realize there's already a thread discussing this.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder if Juan Wong has anything left?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets play our kids and see what we have. Turner was impressive friday night. We know what Kerley can do! White is still a mystery but has gaudy college production. We can live with what we have. We are a GROUND & POUND team. Hill and Holmes just could be very dynamic together! Riley will get more chances to show what he has too! Great size/speed ration.

Just say NO to older players! play the kids!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Bring him in
    I wonder why!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes, because when I look for reasons to call them suck, I would point out not signing a player who did nothing a year ago and then was injured. One who's behavior his first time around with the team was questionable.

Pure suck and stupid too.
    Releasing Braylon and signing Santonio for big bucks is the definition of suck. Sanchez, Braylon and Santonio had developed a little bit of chemistry together. Good move to break that up and bring in Plex. Tanny and Rex also kept Sh!tty, that's was another reason to say they suck. The truth hurts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Cut by the Dolphins, Chad Johnson is now available -- but teams may shy away from the recently arrested wideout. Could the Jets make a play for him? This much I can tell you: The chances of that happening are remote. ... Don't be surprised if the Jets add a veteran before the start of the regular season. Some of the top free agents are: Lee Evans -- Released Sunday by the Jaguars. Plaxico Burress -- Doesn't make sense; been there, done that. Roy Williams -- Former Cowboy still looking for a job. Greg Camarillo -- Makes the most sense. He's familiar with Tony Sparano's system, having played under him in 2008 and 2009 with the Dolphins.

It has also been reported that Plaxico is working out with the Patsies.
    You should have included the link to the story by Cimini which you copied word for word. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...6&city=newyork

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Releasing Braylon and signing Santonio for big bucks is the definition of suck. Sanchez, Braylon and Santonio had developed a little bit of chemistry together. Good move to break that up and bring in Plex. Tanny and Rex also kept Sh!tty, that's was another reason to say they suck. The truth hurts.
    I personally wanted Braylon back as well and to this day I never understood why they didn't re-sign him. IMO the rumors about why he wasn't re-signed reek of BS. I can only guess his DWI pissed off Woody Johnson. Holmes better not smoke another joint or he's out as well...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    this should be dumped...thread title is completely misleading

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    The definition of suck was Braylon wanting big bucks from the Jets, trying to get top WR money from a team that had enough of your antics. Icing is signing for near or at the league minimum and getting cut.

Don't rewrite history. BE screwed himself, Tanny was right to not pay him to catch nothing. Any way you sllce it.