Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets looking for wide receiver help

CFL is calling.

The Tebow circus is more than enough!! No thanks on Chad J.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cimini:
    CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The Jets could use a veteran wide receiver, and a well-known receiver just hit the market Sunday -- Chad Johnson, who was cut by the Dolphins.

Could the Jets make a play for him? This much I can tell you: The chances of that happening are remote.

Johnson, a six-time Pro Bowl receiver hanging on the last two seasons, was released by the Dolphins about 24 hours after he was arrested and charged with domestic battery case involving his wife. He might have been an intriguing option a year or two ago for the Jets, but not anymore. The headache outweighs the baggage.

Don't be surprised if the Jets add a veteran before the start of the regular season. Some of the top free agents are:

Lee Evans -- Released Sunday by the Jaguars.
    Plaxico Burress -- Doesn't make sense; been there, done that.
    Roy Williams -- Former Cowboy still looking for a job.
    Greg Camarillo -- Makes the most sense. He's familiar with Tony Sparano's system, having played under him in 2008 and 2009 with the Dolphins.
    Mark Clayton -- Really?
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 08-13-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    i dont condone that he hit his wife but we dont know all the details yet
    also pretty sure he's been a good "citizen" and this was his first offense

that being said, we dont need him and i dont want him
    I would agree with you. Could be she's a gold digging cow but one would think he'd be smarter about this, considering the big target He put on his back.

OH HILLS NO

I'd rather watch Tebow become our starting qb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Camarillo wouldn't be a bad pickup.

Decent "hold the fort" guy until Hill can mature into a starting role.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Was thinking the same. Knows the offense, can get open, and has quality NFL experience. Holmes, Hill, Camarillo, Kerley, Turner sounds good to me.

We're going to sign him on Monday and release him on Tuesday.

That's 2 days we'll be on the back page and the Giants won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

No thx. Camarillo stinks. We shoulda signed Braylon. Maybe Seattle will eventually release him to keep TO on their roster.

All Pro
    I agree. Bring him in, see what he has. My two biggest fears for this team is the offensive line and the WRs.

Jets looking for wide receiver help

Cut by the Dolphins, Chad Johnson is now available -- but teams may shy away from the recently arrested wideout. Could the Jets make a play for him? This much I can tell you: The chances of that happening are remote. ... Don't be surprised if the Jets add a veteran before the start of the regular season. Some of the top free agents are: Lee Evans -- Released Sunday by the Jaguars. Plaxico Burress -- Doesn't make sense; been there, done that. Roy Williams -- Former Cowboy still looking for a job. Greg Camarillo -- Makes the most sense. He's familiar with Tony Sparano's system, having played under him in 2008 and 2009 with the Dolphins.

It has also been reported that Plaxico is working out with the Patsies.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... no, they are not taking stupid pills ...

l_j_r

It's so sad to see a player with so much potential talent that has anger and other issues to derail his career. I mean the Dolphins terminated his contract which means no money at all

Hall Of Fame
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Cromartie is doing position drills with the receivers today. #nyj

Problem solved!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Cut by the Dolphins, Chad Johnson is now available -- but teams may shy away from the recently arrested wideout. Could the Jets make a play for him? This much I can tell you: The chances of that happening are remote. ... Don't be surprised if the Jets add a veteran before the start of the regular season. Some of the top free agents are: Lee Evans -- Released Sunday by the Jaguars. Plaxico Burress -- Doesn't make sense; been there, done that. Roy Williams -- Former Cowboy still looking for a job. Greg Camarillo -- Makes the most sense. He's familiar with Tony Sparano's system, having played under him in 2008 and 2009 with the Dolphins.

It has also been reported that Plaxico is working out with the Patsies.
    There is no way Woody is signing Chad, who is basically done from a talent perspective anyway, and attaching a "domestic abuse charge" to the Jets Brand.

I agree we do not need another cancer on this team. It will be interesting to see if his NFL career is now finished

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So sad when a Patsie Troll has nothing better to do than start these type threads

Oh grow up---its all over the news that Plaxico is at Pats camp trying out.

They could have signed Braylon, but Tanny and company just plain suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    They could have signed Braylon, but Tanny and company just plain suck.
    Yes, because when I look for reasons to call them suck, I would point out not signing a player who did nothing a year ago and then was injured. One who's behavior his first time around with the team was questionable.

Pure suck and stupid too.