Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets looking for wide receiver help

Lee Evans anyone?

Just released by the Jags..I know he dropped the GW TD pass in the AFCCG but we need a veteran WR outside of Holmes...He was always a threat in Buffalo...we should bring him him and see how much he has left in the tank....thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Just released by the Jags..I know he dropped the GW TD pass in the AFCCG but we need a veteran WR outside of Holmes...He was always a threat in Buffalo...we should bring him him and see how much he has left in the tank....thoughts??
    @ this point I'd bring Al Toon out of retirement .... Evans has to be better than that ! I say give him a look.

I don't know... I think we're probably better off with hill and turner at this point than bringing in old washed up vets

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't know... I think we're probably better off with hill and turner at this point than bringing in old washed up vets
    agreed! The grass is always greener ! Just say NO to Evans!

Pass Was beaten out by no names in Buff, then in Balt, now JAX!!! If he can't beat out Mike Thomas I don't think he would be of use here. Jax wasn't asking him to start.

Jets Insider VIP
    NO

Veteran
    why not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    agreed! The grass is always greener ! Just say NO to Evans!
    He's a short guy, not condusive for Sanchez IMO, but why not at least take a look. At this point, leave no stone unturned.

We need WR help, Evans isn't going to provide that. It's not like J'ville is loaded at WR or something.

Is this a serious thread?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    NO
    Not even a look ?

I think right now Hill can do everything Evans can. The question will be if Evans can line up in the slot as a #3 better than Kerley.

Veteran

Jags waived Lee Evans

Might be worth a look, but if the jags waive you, look out

A few years back maybe. But now, just say NO

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Not even a look ?
    I'll go look...

No.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Bring him in

I mean, are we that comfortable with Glazz Schilens?

All League
    I am fairly confident this guy is done.

That said, what have we to lose by just taking a look? At this somewhat desperate juncture, I think we would be remiss not to at least take a look.

All Pro

Chad Johnson Released by Dolphins

This just in breaking news Chad Johnson has been released by the Dolphins according to ESPN Jay Glazer. Johnson was arrested for domestic violence on saturday and now he's out of a job any takers here?

The only reason I can think of for you saying this, is because he would be extra fired up to play against th Pats and Dolphins .... Not gonna happen ... Can you imagine the circus