Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buttle filling in on Dan Patrick Show

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Buttle filling in on Dan Patrick Show

How this guy gets any gigs is mind blowing.

Hall Of Fame
    Why the hate?

Did he turn down an offer to appear on the podcast?

Someone should call in and comment on his dye job. Costas-esque.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Buttle's heart is in the right place, but I think he took one too many hits in his career.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    I aways enjoy Buttle's commentary, not sure why you guys are being so rough on the guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like Buttle okay but he is kind of an odd choice to fill in for Dan Patrick.

Although his name lends itself to the perfect response to a caller..."Here's my re-buttle."

"Some guys, they just look like running backs. Ganaway, boy, he moves, boy, you just say, that's a running back right there. Greene does it a different way. McKnight does it a different way. But boy, Ganaway, boy he moves the way you want a running back to move."

Veteran

Arrow

I liked him better than Ray Lucas and Adam(jock sniffer)Schein on Jets Nation.

I thought I recognized his voice although he was talking about basketball and the Olympics, so I figured it couldn't be him. I'm surprised they would bring in a football color analyst to host a show that requires the host to discuss a variety of different sports. He sounded OK to me though

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

+1

Buttle is an awful broadcaster.

SAR I

Buttle is awesome. Very cool sense of humor on the air. He's also a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Buttle is an awful broadcaster.

SAR I
    Never heard him actually broadcast a game. He does a good job as an analyst on Jets pre and post game shows. He also does a good job on SNY.

I live seeing his big head in the air.

Buttle and Klecko are complete homers and not very objective when it comes to criticizing the train wreck in Florham Park.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    I aways enjoy Buttle's commentary, not sure why you guys are being so rough on the guy.
    Plus One. I have no problems with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Ditto. I think he is pretty fair when he talks about the Jets and does present excellent analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Never heard him actually broadcast a game. He does a good job as an analyst on Jets pre and post game shows. He also does a good job on SNY.

I live seeing his big head in the air.
    There's a nice little "Allo Allo" reference in that bolded part lol. If anyone gets what I'm talking about, kudos to your taste in comedy!

Bewildered Beast
    I would never rate Buttle; I am a homer, and I like guys that can speak with authority. Before Rex was taped saying "oh **** what a hit", Buttle had that same moment in the 1982 Divsion game in LA; screaming "What a ****ing hit" when Jerry Holmes blasted Kenny King or some raider. I'm saying he likes what he does, and I think he's got a knack.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 08-13-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Buttle and Klecko are complete homers and not very objective when it comes to criticizing the train wreck in Florham Park.
    We are hoping to see your big head on tv explaining that to our satisfaction.

Jets Insider VIP
    You love to be miserable, don't you.

I mean, I'm critical. But you...you are so miserable.

I can just picture the ASH's at home sitting around kvetching about everything. Oy.

Announcer: "Touchdown Jets!!"

ASH family: "Eh, he didn't look so good going into the end zone. He was so...eh"

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Buttle pretty much calls a spade, a spade I don't know what you guys are talking about and as far as games go yeah he is a little high strung but he is fairly accurate it's hard to take the killer out of the LB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And you're shocked when called a troll.

Why are you here?