Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Which game will the 'wildcat' be unveiled

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Which game will the 'wildcat' be unveiled

    I don't expect it to be shown right away. My guess is week 5 monday night at home against Houston.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Bowl XLVII against the Packers, for a TD.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Super Bowl XLVII against the Packers, for a TD.
    ROFLMFAO, by NE? I did not know they ran a wildcat.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't be surprised if they ran a "vanilla" wildcat sometime during the preseason.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    I don't expect it to be shown right away. My guess is week 5 monday night at home against Houston.
    Week 1, opening drive, second half.

    I mean, when trailing 21-0 at home you've got to do something drastic to spark the team, no?

    SAR I

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will see tebow under center with the ones this Sat night. They will run some read option in there as well.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, when trailing 21-0 at home you've got to do something drastic to spark the team, no?
    Tebow magic week 1?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Second play of the season.

    IF the first play was a pass.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    799
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be interesting to see. Tebow is a unique athalete that may just take over this team and city. I like Sanchez, but he can't avoid even the most basic pass rush, and with our lack of solid offensive line play, Tebow is becoming our most important weapon.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see. Tebow is a unique athalete that may just take over this team and city. I like Sanchez, but he can't avoid even the most basic pass rush, and with our lack of solid offensive line play, Tebow is becoming our most important weapon.
    Not having a pocket or 3 seconds to get rid of the ball isn't a basic pass rush. I don't know what is going on with D'Brick. We know RT is a mess. Our TEs can't block.. we're relying on a 2nd year RB with no NFL experience to serve as our 3rd down blocking back.. it's not pretty.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    what could be so different from all the stuff tebow did last year for denver?

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am strongly in the sanchez camp as far as this whole "situtation" and I do not believe for a second that tebow is a long term option as a QB.

    However, in my opinion, looking at it STRICTLY from a strategy/football sense, the first wildcat play we run should be the opening offensive play of the season.

    Sanchez is our QB for 2012, and every team knows it. They will scheme their defense to stop our base package while working on the "wildcat" as an aside. However by no means when the buffalo d runs out there, will they be ready with their wildcat defense.

    Even if it is for 3-5 plays, Id love to start off with the buffalo defensive coaches screaming at their players, and substituting right out of their regular defense....putting them on their heals from the opening snap. Then when the get the right personnel out there, go back to our base offense.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what could be so different from all the stuff tebow did last year for denver?
    This is the same question I have been asking, I can see the benefit of running a option with tebow, but I can't get may hands around kicking Sanchez over as a wr and taking a player (sanchez) out of the offense, in order to run a wildcat.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I am strongly in the sanchez camp as far as this whole "situtation" and I do not believe for a second that tebow is a long term option as a QB.

    However, in my opinion, looking at it STRICTLY from a strategy/football sense, the first wildcat play we run should be the opening offensive play of the season.

    Sanchez is our QB for 2012, and every team knows it. They will scheme their defense to stop our base package while working on the "wildcat" as an aside. However by no means when the buffalo d runs out there, will they be ready with their wildcat defense.

    Even if it is for 3-5 plays, Id love to start off with the buffalo defensive coaches screaming at their players, and substituting right out of their regular defense....putting them on their heals from the opening snap. Then when the get the right personnel out there, go back to our base offense.
    Why would they be substituting? if Tebow comes on the field the team will play it straight 4-3-4, If sanchez and tebow and 3 wide, then they got to get a nickel but they will go into the nickel as soon as three wides trot on the field.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    However, in my opinion, looking at it STRICTLY from a strategy/football sense, the first wildcat play we run should be the opening offensive play of the season.
    And if the O follows a successful wildcat with a 3 and out? Mayham! All the predictions will come true about the uninformed fans screaming for Tebow back.

    Nope, Ryan wouldn't risk it. They'll slip it in on an important 3rd down somewhere to keep it positioned as a specialty play.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Week 1, opening drive, second half.

    I mean, when trailing 21-0 at home you've got to do something drastic to spark the team, no?

    SAR I

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt Sanchez claim he had the best hands on the team in a Hard knocks episode? Time to test out that theory. All hands on deck when tebow is under center.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember which week Sparano showcased it a few years ago, I think it was in week 3 where they crushed the patriots

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Didnt Sanchez claim he had the best hands on the team in a Hard knocks episode? Time to test out that theory. All hands on deck when tebow is under center.
    He said he has the best hands on the team, not the best feet.

    _

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why would they be substituting? if Tebow comes on the field the team will play it straight 4-3-4, If sanchez and tebow and 3 wide, then they got to get a nickel but they will go into the nickel as soon as three wides trot on the field.
    I wouldnt have sanchez on the field for it. If they want to play 4-3-4 against the zone read stuff, then Ill take those odds.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us