Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which game will the 'wildcat' be unveiled

Veteran

Which game will the 'wildcat' be unveiled

I don't expect it to be shown right away. My guess is week 5 monday night at home against Houston.

Super Bowl XLVII against the Packers, for a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Super Bowl XLVII against the Packers, for a TD.
    ROFLMFAO, by NE? I did not know they ran a wildcat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wouldn't be surprised if they ran a "vanilla" wildcat sometime during the preseason.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    I don't expect it to be shown right away. My guess is week 5 monday night at home against Houston.
    Week 1, opening drive, second half.

I mean, when trailing 21-0 at home you've got to do something drastic to spark the team, no?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    You will see tebow under center with the ones this Sat night. They will run some read option in there as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    I mean, when trailing 21-0 at home you've got to do something drastic to spark the team, no?
    Tebow magic week 1?

Hall Of Fame
    Second play of the season.

IF the first play was a pass.

It's going to be interesting to see. Tebow is a unique athalete that may just take over this team and city. I like Sanchez, but he can't avoid even the most basic pass rush, and with our lack of solid offensive line play, Tebow is becoming our most important weapon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see. Tebow is a unique athalete that may just take over this team and city. I like Sanchez, but he can't avoid even the most basic pass rush, and with our lack of solid offensive line play, Tebow is becoming our most important weapon.
    Not having a pocket or 3 seconds to get rid of the ball isn't a basic pass rush. I don't know what is going on with D'Brick. We know RT is a mess. Our TEs can't block.. we're relying on a 2nd year RB with no NFL experience to serve as our 3rd down blocking back.. it's not pretty.

what could be so different from all the stuff tebow did last year for denver?

I am strongly in the sanchez camp as far as this whole "situtation" and I do not believe for a second that tebow is a long term option as a QB.

However, in my opinion, looking at it STRICTLY from a strategy/football sense, the first wildcat play we run should be the opening offensive play of the season.

Sanchez is our QB for 2012, and every team knows it. They will scheme their defense to stop our base package while working on the "wildcat" as an aside. However by no means when the buffalo d runs out there, will they be ready with their wildcat defense.

Even if it is for 3-5 plays, Id love to start off with the buffalo defensive coaches screaming at their players, and substituting right out of their regular defense....putting them on their heals from the opening snap. Then when the get the right personnel out there, go back to our base offense.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what could be so different from all the stuff tebow did last year for denver?
    This is the same question I have been asking, I can see the benefit of running a option with tebow, but I can't get may hands around kicking Sanchez over as a wr and taking a player (sanchez) out of the offense, in order to run a wildcat.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I am strongly in the sanchez camp as far as this whole "situtation" and I do not believe for a second that tebow is a long term option as a QB.

However, in my opinion, looking at it STRICTLY from a strategy/football sense, the first wildcat play we run should be the opening offensive play of the season.

Sanchez is our QB for 2012, and every team knows it. They will scheme their defense to stop our base package while working on the "wildcat" as an aside. However by no means when the buffalo d runs out there, will they be ready with their wildcat defense.

Even if it is for 3-5 plays, Id love to start off with the buffalo defensive coaches screaming at their players, and substituting right out of their regular defense....putting them on their heals from the opening snap. Then when the get the right personnel out there, go back to our base offense.
    Why would they be substituting? if Tebow comes on the field the team will play it straight 4-3-4, If sanchez and tebow and 3 wide, then they got to get a nickel but they will go into the nickel as soon as three wides trot on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    And if the O follows a successful wildcat with a 3 and out? Mayham! All the predictions will come true about the uninformed fans screaming for Tebow back.

Nope, Ryan wouldn't risk it. They'll slip it in on an important 3rd down somewhere to keep it positioned as a specialty play.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Week 1, opening drive, second half.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Didnt Sanchez claim he had the best hands on the team in a Hard knocks episode? Time to test out that theory. All hands on deck when tebow is under center.

Veteran
    I can't remember which week Sparano showcased it a few years ago, I think it was in week 3 where they crushed the patriots

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Didnt Sanchez claim he had the best hands on the team in a Hard knocks episode? Time to test out that theory. All hands on deck when tebow is under center.
    He said he has the best hands on the team, not the best feet.

_

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why would they be substituting? if Tebow comes on the field the team will play it straight 4-3-4, If sanchez and tebow and 3 wide, then they got to get a nickel but they will go into the nickel as soon as three wides trot on the field.
    I wouldnt have sanchez on the field for it. If they want to play 4-3-4 against the zone read stuff, then Ill take those odds.