Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching Dolphins Coach Joe Philbin...

Watching Dolphins Coach Joe Philbin...

...gives the impression he is the polar opposite of Rex Ryan. The guy confronted Chad Johnson for cussing?

With Sparano coming to the Jets from the Fins and no-nonsense/no-cussing Philbin taking over down south it looks like the Jets/Fin rivalry is going to be more bitter than ever.

Can't wait for when the Jets play them... It's going to be a all out grudge match to figure out who will be third place in the AFC East.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...headline_stack

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Did you watch Hard Knocks? Philbin sounds like a total puss. None of my friends are Jet fans and all pretty much came away with the same impression

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Did you watch Hard Knocks? Philbin sounds like a total puss. None of my friends are Jet fans and all pretty much came away with the same impression
    I haven't seen Hard Knocks. But if he's a "total puss" that doesn't like cussing, he must really not like Rex Ryan. He probably sees Ryan as the adult version of his childhood bully.
    I can see the two of them getting into a heated exchange during the handshake at the end of the game. Rex cussing and Philbin smacking him on the cheek with a white glove.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

+1. He seems really dull too. It'll be interesting to see how the team rallies around him when things go bad.

If the Jets don't absolutely kill the phins in both games this year then this team has a real real problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    watching Philbin or Ireland or Ross or whichever douchebag it is (or all of them) give Chad OchoJohnson his pink slip this Tuesday night on Hard Knocks should be quite entertaining

1000% spot on. I texted my dolphins fan friend that Philbin reminded me of a poor man's version of our old gym teacher....and thats not a complement.

For all the talk that Rex's appearance/weight prevented him from getting jobs, I am shocked that philbin was hired. He looks like an accountant, not a ball coach.

Also to have sherman take his son in law from a grad assistant/TE coach at Texas A&M and bring him along and make him QB coach is also not a very smart business move.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dolphins will have an entire new front office and coaching staff next year. This is just like the Cam Cameron year.

Dolphins will win 3 games. Dolphins will fire ireland. New gm comes in and fires philbin and staff.

Dolphins take barkley with the #1 pick.

All League
    Chad had to be spoken to because he was swearing like a sailor at a press conference, not because of his potty mouth in general. Any player on any team would have been spoken to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If the Jets don't absolutely kill the phins in both games this year then this team has a real real problem.
    These posts are usually famous last words. Miami almost always plays us tough and their D could present problems for our offense. We should have little difficulty slowing down their offense though.

That puss just sh1t-canned ocho. That should send a loud and clear message.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I strongly agree with you. Further we should beat Buffalo two times as well. I do not like their OL and QB.

Like the one poster said, he was dissapointed in the cursing during a press conference, not cursing in general. I'm pretty sure I heard Philbin curse a few times during hard knocks. I dont think he's a Tony Dungy clone, but yea I think he wants the team to act professional, in fact I think he has mentioned that quite a few times as well.

I'm a dolphins fan and I am still undecided on Philbin. Probably will be for a while. Part of me likes his demeaner and calm approach. The other part of me feels he is a little dull. I dont know yet, and will have to see him during games. One good thing is, both him and Tannehill seem somewhat similar when it comes to the demeaner. Just that professionalism about them. They're calm, cool and collected, yet they seem to have that fire and passion. They just don't show it like Sparano did. Again, it'll be easier to tell in actual games.

On another topic, what did you guys think of Tannehill the other night. I was pretty impressed in him. I'm not about to give him the starting job based on his play against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but playing good is better than playing bad. One thing about him that stood out right away, and I'm going to use Sanchez as a comparison (not to critisize him or anything) was his body language and presence. I personally think body language gets a little carried away when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks, but I also don't like when my quarterback mopes off the field (again comparing him to Sanchez, but Henne would do this too). When he missed a pass on 3rd down, you could see he was upset with himself, but he didn't hang his head or anything, he walked tall off the field and went right to his coach, and they both looked at the jumbotron to see what went wrong. Kind of hard to explain, and by no means will that make him a good quarterback, but still nice to see. Again, just goes back to his demeaner. Also, I was surprised to see but he really puts some zip on the ball, and he showed something that Henne never learned to do which was to put nice touch and air under the ball. I hope he starts next week so i can see him against the 1s.

**Disclaimer*** I'm not here to troll, just talk football. If somebody thinks I'm saying something derogatory towards their team (which i will try hard not to do, because I dont think you should go to another teams site, especially a rival, and talk ****), let me know and I'll try to explain my point better

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    Like the one poster said, he was dissapointed in the cursing during a press conference, not cursing in general. I'm pretty sure I heard Philbin curse a few times during hard knocks. I dont think he's a Tony Dungy clone, but yea I think he wants the team to act professional, in fact I think he has mentioned that quite a few times as well.

I'm a dolphins fan and I am still undecided on Philbin. Probably will be for a while. Part of me likes his demeaner and calm approach. The other part of me feels he is a little dull. I dont know yet, and will have to see him during games. One good thing is, both him and Tannehill seem somewhat similar when it comes to the demeaner. Just that professionalism about them. They're calm, cool and collected, yet they seem to have that fire and passion. They just don't show it like Sparano did. Again, it'll be easier to tell in actual games.

On another topic, what did you guys think of Tannehill the other night. I was pretty impressed in him. I'm not about to give him the starting job based on his play against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but playing good is better than playing bad. One thing about him that stood out right away, and I'm going to use Sanchez as a comparison (not to critisize him or anything) was his body language and presence. I personally think body language gets a little carried away when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks, but I also don't like when my quarterback mopes off the field (again comparing him to Sanchez, but Henne would do this too). When he missed a pass on 3rd down, you could see he was upset with himself, but he didn't hang his head or anything, he walked tall off the field and went right to his coach, and they both looked at the jumbotron to see what went wrong. Kind of hard to explain, and by no means will that make him a good quarterback, but still nice to see. Again, just goes back to his demeaner. Also, I was surprised to see but he really puts some zip on the ball, and he showed something that Henne never learned to do which was to put nice touch and air under the ball. I hope he starts next week so i can see him against the 1s.

**Disclaimer*** I'm not here to troll, just talk football. If somebody thinks I'm saying something derogatory towards their team (which i will try hard not to do, because I dont think you should go to another teams site, especially a rival, and talk ****), let me know and I'll try to explain my point better
    oh... we don't need you to explain your point better. We get it. You're here to criticize Sanchez (while telling us in some cute little parentheses that you're not doing precisely what you're doing) and get in little digs when you can.

Lol I don't know if you're just messing with me or not but I really wasn't trying to do that. From now on ill keep sanchez out of it but in no way was it intended as a dig. It wasn't even a negative about him. Its just a preferance. Peyton and eli manning both hang their head too. Like I said its just a preferance. I only used sanchez because you guys talk about that a lot and its a quarterback we both know well.

Bu forget sanchez, henne used to hang his head when he made a mistake and I didn't like it, or rather I would prefer a qb that holds his head high. That's all I was trying to say. Not only that but I'm not a sanchez hater like a lot of his own fans. I don't want him to succeed as a rival player but I think he is capable of succeeding

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    Lol I don't know if you're just messing with me or not but I really wasn't trying to do that. From now on ill keep sanchez out of it but in no way was it intended as a dig. It wasn't even a negative about him. Its just a preferance. Peyton and eli manning both hang their head too. Like I said its just a preferance. I only used sanchez because you guys talk about that a lot and its a quarterback we both know well.

Bu forget sanchez, henne used to hang his head when he made a mistake and I didn't like it, or rather I would prefer a qb that holds his head high. That's all I was trying to say. Not only that but I'm not a sanchez hater like a lot of his own fans. I don't want him to succeed as a rival player but I think he is capable of succeeding
    just messing with ya', but you'll get some crap around here. Best to be prepared for it.

you wanna talk Sanchez? Try one of the eleventy-billion threads on the topic. (hell, you might be able to find a Tebow one too) and have at. This threads about your dopey lookin' HC.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    ...gives the impression he is the polar opposite of Rex Ryan. The guy confronted Chad Johnson for cussing?

With Sparano coming to the Jets from the Fins and no-nonsense/no-cussing Philbin taking over down south it looks like the Jets/Fin rivalry is going to be more bitter than ever.

Can't wait for when the Jets play them... It's going to be a all out grudge match to figure out who will be third place in the AFC East.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...headline_stack
    It's one thing to swear behind close doors, or give a few F bombs to the media in the heat of the moment, but the difference with Ocho here was it was just a run of the mill press conference, and he was dropping F bombs and saying s!hit non chalantly for no reason. You can't do that in a run of the mill press conference. Obviously Rex swears all the time to the team, which is great, but how many times have you heard him swear in a press conference at the podium? I'm sure the answer is zero, because he doesn't do it. There's a difference between swearing behind close doors, or even swearing in front of the Hard Knocks cameras, but you can't go to a typical press conference and start saying **** this and **** that, that's not the way you operate as a professional athlete, and you don't have to be the New England Patriots or Pittsburgh Steelers or New York Giants to know that. It's common sense.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 08-13-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    just messing with ya', but you'll get some crap around here. Best to be prepared for it.

you wanna talk Sanchez? Try one of the eleventy-billion threads on the topic. (hell, you might be able to find a Tebow one too) and have at. This threads about your dopey lookin' HC.
    Yea I know its gonna happen, and to a certain extent it should, just some people completely miss the point or are overly sensitive. Anyways, I mentioned tannehill because this thread was dolphins related and I wasn't about to create a tannehill thread here.

Also, I am so incredibly happy the dolphins didn't get tebow. There was a lot of talk of that when he was on the trading block and I did not wanna deal with that circus. It wouldn't have been nearly what it is with you guys but still. Trust me man, I feel your pain lol.

And yea, philbin is dopey looking haha.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    That puss just sh1t-canned ocho. That should send a loud and clear message.
    Implying it was Philbin, and not Ireland or Ross, who ultimately decided to cut Johnson.

Impyling Philbin wasn't under orders from his superiors, and had to do the dirty work himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    These posts are usually famous last words. Miami almost always plays us tough and their D could present problems for our offense. We should have little difficulty slowing down their offense though.
    Oh, I'm not saying the jets will win both games. i am not a 'book it' kind of guy but if the jets don't win both they are pure pretenders who need to make some fundamental changes.