Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching Dolphins Coach Joe Philbin...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    Yea I know its gonna happen, and to a certain extent it should, just some people completely miss the point or are overly sensitive. Anyways, I mentioned tannehill because this thread was dolphins related and I wasn't about to create a tannehill thread here.

Also, I am so incredibly happy the dolphins didn't get tebow. There was a lot of talk of that when he was on the trading block and I did not wanna deal with that circus. It wouldn't have been nearly what it is with you guys but still. Trust me man, I feel your pain lol.

And yea, philbin is dopey looking haha.
    Tannehill looked strong. It is week 1 of preseason, but it definitely has to be comforting/exciting for a fish fan. Honestly, I'm impressed with his footwork and delivery considering he was a WR up until junior year(?) in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Dolphins will have an entire new front office and coaching staff next year. This is just like the Cam Cameron year.

Dolphins will win 3 games. Dolphins will fire ireland. New gm comes in and fires philbin and staff.

Dolphins take barkley with the #1 pick.
    That won't happen, even if they have the #1 pick. Tannehill is the heir apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Tannehill looked strong. It is week 1 of preseason, but it definitely has to be comforting/exciting for a fish fan. Honestly, I'm impressed with his footwork and delivery considering he was a WR up until junior year(?) in college.
    I didn't pay alot of attention to his footwork necessarily, but I did notice he looked pretty comfortable in the pocket. If he can get the start this next preseason game, which it sounds like is an open competition, and then he can play good against Carolinas 1s, that will make me feel pretty good. The game against Tampa just gave me some optimism, if he does it again against the 1's it'll give me some excitement.

I just pray he ends up good. I was talking to my dad the other day, and I was sayin that if Tannehill ends up not being a good qb, the dolphins wont be good again for at least another 6 years. Sounds kinda crazy but with the 3 or 4 years to develop and see if he's the guy, and then drafting and developing a new qb, thats about how long it would take, at minimum. There are the rare circumstance where a very strong team can win with a mediocre QB, but it just doesnt' happen often. Take your team for example, you guys had pretty much the number 1 defense, number one rushing attack, one of the best special teams, and probably the best offensive line, and you had to sneak into the playoffs at 9-7. If you did that in the 70's you would be 12-2 or something. But even your team and a team like San Fran last year, once you got into the playoffs your quarterbacks stepped up. If they didn't I doubt you would've made it as far as you did. You gotta have a good quarterback to win in this league, or at least a very good game manager. One that wont make mistakes, but will make a play when needed (pennington for us in 08, Sanchez in the playoffs in 09 and 10), granted sanchez' game against the pats was more than game management, but you know what I mean.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    I didn't pay alot of attention to his footwork necessarily, but I did notice he looked pretty comfortable in the pocket. If he can get the start this next preseason game, which it sounds like is an open competition, and then he can play good against Carolinas 1s, that will make me feel pretty good. The game against Tampa just gave me some optimism, if he does it again against the 1's it'll give me some excitement.

I just pray he ends up good. I was talking to my dad the other day, and I was sayin that if Tannehill ends up not being a good qb, the dolphins wont be good again for at least another 6 years. Sounds kinda crazy but with the 3 or 4 years to develop and see if he's the guy, and then drafting and developing a new qb, thats about how long it would take, at minimum. There are the rare circumstance where a very strong team can win with a mediocre QB, but it just doesnt' happen often. Take your team for example, you guys had pretty much the number 1 defense, number one rushing attack, one of the best special teams, and probably the best offensive line, and you had to sneak into the playoffs at 9-7. If you did that in the 70's you would be 12-2 or something. But even your team and a team like San Fran last year, once you got into the playoffs your quarterbacks stepped up. If they didn't I doubt you would've made it as far as you did. You gotta have a good quarterback to win in this league, or at least a very good game manager. One that wont make mistakes, but will make a play when needed (pennington for us in 08, Sanchez in the playoffs in 09 and 10), granted sanchez' game against the pats was more than game management, but you know what I mean.
    I think he will be good, but don't expect miracles this year. In fact Moore would probably give you the best chance to win right now once teams start trying to confuse the kid. Still I think they should and will stick with Tannehill. Moore really looked out of shape to me, and he's doesn't exude confidence. Kind of cool getting to see these guys, and the way they act at home. I personally hope they go with Gerrard.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    watching Philbin or Ireland or Ross or whichever douchebag it is (or all of them) give Chad OchoJohnson his pink slip this Tuesday night on Hard Knocks should be quite entertaining
    Did you see when he told 85 to stop cursing. He couldn't even look him in the eye. Was staring at his shoes and scuffling his feet. Stammering and so low a voice that they need subtitles for him. Funny as hell. My ex is a dolphins fan and I downloaded it for her. She absolutely hates him. Hated 85 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    +1. He seems really dull too.

Good call, Dull clearly equals bad coach. *Cough* Belichick.