Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Madden 13 Demo Out Tuesday, 8/14

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    NFL 2K5 is 8 years old now and still sh*ts on every Madden game that has come out since then. It's no coincidence that EA bought the NFL license that same year.

The AI was much better, the gameplay was much better, and the presentation was on another level. You had the halftime and postgame shows with Chris Berman breaking down the game and showing highlights from around the league.

As Jet Nut said, EA pumps out the same game every year with extremely minor changes and a roster update.
    I agree. NFL 2K5 is the best game ever IMO.

I downloaded it last night and I wasnt impressed. Though It was late and I was very tired.
    But I didnt even finish the game so thats saying something.
    Anyways, I will buy it cause i just love my Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only thing I noticed in that video is that Greene is still running into the backs of his OL.
    He dropped a pass too.

Looks like they nailed it.

Veteran
    Well for what it's worth in the 1 day I've owned the game it is really good. The gameplay is actually not the same canned gameplay of old. It's taking itself seriously with a menu that is definitely based off what NBA '12 did and it's so much better for it, no more absurd menus within menus. It's really integrated true to life presentation to the game and it's so cool. No crappy soundtrack since the game uses what sounds like NFL films orchestrals now. Coach and player modes are so cool. I started a coach and my brother started a player and there are so many options including a relevant practice mode. You can upgrade players based on EXP points they get based on practice success and in game performances. Also you can take over an existing player or coach and get them to the hall of fame, or you can get fired. Also apparently online you can do things so that you and your buddies can be players or coaches in the same universe building up credentials separately but intertwined.

Also Tebow is awful in the game it actually hurts to use him.

Downloaded last night ... Same ol' crap.

Player animations are still ****ee even though the new physics engine Is used for tackles. Unlike Backbreaker, you never FEEL the impact of the physics engine. The animations are still stiff ... Hands are not animated at all from what I can tell. While there are more animations, some of them are just plain BAD the same can be said of the player and coach models.

Opening animation that brings you into a game is some sort of battle star galactic a tunnel / roller coaster bs that is not needed. and becomes very annoying after the 1st time you see it.

LBs are still rediculously capable of picking you off. The new ball trajectories don't seem to help much ...though maybe I just don't know how to control them well enough yet.

The only upgrade I see is Simms is much better that Collinsworth.

Ill play it because is the only NFL game due to EAs near illegal Monopoly of any sort of NFL video game product.

The biggest issue is that playing as the Giants is not all that different from playing as the Seahawks ... Core philosophies of individual teams ... What makes the Jets ... The Jets ... Is completely missing. Yes a faster receiver lets you throw more deep routes ... But something is missing. There needs to be more diversity between teams.

Oline play is still lame compared to 2K5.

6 out of 10 buyer beware.

D

This review does not cover franchise play ... I'll get to that soon enough.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-26-2012 at 06:03 AM.

I've actually heard a lot of good things about this year's game from some people that have been on the Madden hate-train for years.

I think that Madden needs to figure out the foot-planting based movement system that 2K has figured out in their basketball games. It would do wonders to help the player movement. Then they need to completely rebuild the DLine/OLine interactions. Those are the two biggest problems with the game, in my opinion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I've actually heard a lot of good things about this year's game from some people that have been on the Madden hate-train for years.

I think that Madden needs to figure out the foot-planting based movement system that 2K has figured out in their basketball games. It would do wonders to help the player movement. Then they need to completely rebuild the DLine/OLine interactions. Those are the two biggest problems with the game, in my opinion.
    I've noticed this as well.

In 2K5, the OL would actually form a pocket around the QB making it more realistic.

In Madden, it's just a straight line in front of you.

One of the things I'm most excited about is that different teams will attach different ratings to different players based on the scheme they run.

All of the players now have ideal scheme fits attached to them. The 3-4 rush backer is now an actual position. If you're a team like the Jets, you're going to grade out Cover 2 LBs lower than a team like the Bears. They've redone the progression, and players gain experience at a faster rate when playing in their ideal scheme.

Stuff like that is what has me excited. They've taken the game a step toward how it was in NFL Head Coach. I just want them to add playbook familiarity as a rating. When you draft a rookie, sign a free agent, or hire a new coach, this starts at 0 and increases over time, increasing the overall rating along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    One of the things I'm most excited about is that different teams will attach different ratings to different players based on the scheme they run.

All of the players now have ideal scheme fits attached to them. The 3-4 rush backer is now an actual position. If you're a team like the Jets, you're going to grade out Cover 2 LBs lower than a team like the Bears. They've redone the progression, and players gain experience at a faster rate when playing in their ideal scheme.

Stuff like that is what has me excited. They've taken the game a step toward how it was in NFL Head Coach. I just want them to add playbook familiarity as a rating. When you draft a rookie, sign a free agent, or hire a new coach, this starts at 0 and increases over time, increasing the overall rating along with it.
    I think you have been spoon fed a line of ****e. Maybin plays like any other OLB in the game.

I've got the game and in the past I would have agreed, typically every two years you see a difference, ie madden 11 & 12, were basically the same

But this year is much different. 13 has the new physics, while its not perfect, no two plays look a like. Running is much better and the blocking run/pass is much better than years past..

Want to know the biggest improvement?? QB accuracy.. You can actually touch the ball to a spot and have the wr turn up and catch it..

Lastly the presentation is much better, i like what they've done and there are some big improvements.. While its not perfect, what game is very good..

To the people who complain:
    1. "2k was better.." if it was, they would still be pumping out a game and people would still buy it.. If it was all about game play, then 2k would do it without the license.. PLus I'm on the other side of the fence, that game was just okay.. Madden was on par and even better in my opinion
    2. "graphics are worse" - get a hd tv with 120 mhz, which I have and the game is much cleaner!
    3. "There is no floating or sliders like in years past.." While you can be one of those madden junkies and slow mo everything and see issues, my response.. spend a little more time on another hobby

All and all, i hope we get a league going here, xbox 360 of course

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsully View Post
    To the people who complain:
    1. "2k was better.." if it was, they would still be pumping out a game and people would still buy it.. If it was all about game play, then 2k would do it without the license.. PLus I'm on the other side of the fence, that game was just okay.. Madden was on par and even better in my opinion
    2K isn't pumping out a game that people will buy, because they can't.

EA Sports bought the NFL license right after NFL 2K5 came out because they were scared sh*tless that, God forbid, they might have a little competition.

And ever since, the guys over at EA have been sitting on their asses pushing out the same game every year with barely noticable improvements and a roster update.

Madden has been basically the same ever since 2006. They actually started removing content that used to be there, instead of adding to it. What the hell happened to the radio show or the newspaper clippings in franchise mode?

Now they're even doing away with the ability to edit player ratings and jersey numbers. That's just pointless and completely retarded.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Madden has been basically the same ever since 2006. They actually started removing content that used to be there, instead of adding to it. What the hell happened to the radio show or the newspaper clippings in franchise mode?
    They'll add that back somewhere down the line and market it as a "new feature!!"

2K isn't pumping out a game that people will buy, because they can't.
    Sure they can, just like another company did..

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...kbreaker/75978

Just because you can't use naming rights doesn't mean you can't make a good game.. Look at SWTOR, they have all the license you could want but they can't beat WOW.. Its all about the game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWUclELibqQ - 06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V2ly...feature=fvwrel - 13

There's a huge difference.. Now if you said a difference between 11-12, I would say, there wasn't much.. But 13 is a new animal

Haven't bought this franchise title in years.

The gameplay was unrealistic with defenders breaking off man to man routes to cover the unblocked man stride for stride once the ball was in the air. Complete bullsh!t. DBs jumping 15ft in the air to block an over the shoulder throw. 5'10 DBs out jumping 6'4 receivers. I could go on and on but I won't waste my time. That game fell off the very next year that EA was awarded the NFL exclusive license and didn't have to worry about the 2K series anymore which was a better game all around.

And the morons that review Madden say the same dumb sh!t every year. "New tackle animations. New gameplay engine." Blah blah blah. It's the same fkn game with a roster update and slightly better graphics from year to year.