Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Madden 13 Demo Out Tuesday, 8/14

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Madden 13 Demo Out Tuesday, 8/14

The graphics look like they took a step back, what's up with Pete Carroll's shrunken head???

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/12/ps...-rexy-returns/

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I played the demo on PS3 last night and found it to be pretty cool. It seems as though the presentation, the gameplay and animations have all gotten better (although I didn't play last year's version).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the hype around this years release is the new physics engine. Havent had a chance to play it yet but according to the previews hits are more realistic, and they dont use the stock animations that you see over and over. I think it could be pretty cool if they do it right. Its the first try at it too, so in a few years they probably will have a much better presentation of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    the hype around this years release is the new physics engine. Havent had a chance to play it yet but according to the previews hits are more realistic, and they dont use the stock animations that you see over and over. I think it could be pretty cool if they do it right. Its the first try at it too, so in a few years they probably will have a much better presentation of it.
    Yeah, it's pretty wild, after a tackle, if guys are gathered around a pile, one might get his foot tangled up and fall over. The tackles seem way more varied than I've seen them in the past.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Madden 2013, or how to continue to charge new game $$ for a roster update.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy Madden every 3 or 4 years. I'm due for an upgrade this year, so I'm looking forward to it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to download it...i buy Madden every year...i love it

Xbox: The BigPunisher

...and i fade back to black.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phil Simms and Jim Nance is a new feature as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL 2K5 is 8 years old now and still sh*ts on every Madden game that has come out since then. It's no coincidence that EA bought the NFL license that same year.

The AI was much better, the gameplay was much better, and the presentation was on another level. You had the halftime and postgame shows with Chris Berman breaking down the game and showing highlights from around the league.

As Jet Nut said, EA pumps out the same game every year with extremely minor changes and a roster update.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that you can no longer hit stick someone from 5 yards away sideways every time. It actually takes some skill to tackle now. Very nice.

The way the people fall sometimes is kind of funny, but all in all much more realistic and Phil Simms being there just makes it great. Best analyst in the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    NFL 2K5 is 8 years old now and still sh*ts on every Madden game that has come out since then. It's no coincidence that EA bought the NFL license that same year.

The AI was much better, the gameplay was much better, and the presentation was on another level. You had the halftime and postgame shows with Chris Berman breaking down the game and showing highlights from around the league.

As Jet Nut said, EA pumps out the same game every year with extremely minor changes and a roster update.
    No ****, but there's nothing anyone can do about it so why bother *****ing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    EA is the Goodell of the Football video game world. Those contracts they made with the NFL and NFLPA were compete jokes and should have been deemed illegal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    They've been trying to "do it right" since the 360 came out. Year in and year out, EA promises these same things and every year the game remains the same.

UT said it best, 2K Sports blew EA out of the ****ing water, with half of the hype and promotion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    They've been trying to "do it right" since the 360 came out. Year in and year out, EA promises these same things and every year the game remains the same.

UT said it best, 2K Sports blew EA out of the ****ing water, with half of the hype and promotion.
    +115
    this football series in my opinion helped keep the sales up for the ill fated sega dreamcast back in the day, great graphics and even better attention to detail they would give in the pre-game / post game highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70WC...eature=related

check out romeo crennel's hat lmao, and tebows throwing motion in one of the replays looks really weird as hell too. i think i will wait for the reviews to come in for this one before i decide to shell out 60 bucks for it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    +115
    this football series in my opinion helped keep the sales up for the ill fated sega dreamcast back in the day, great graphics and even better attention to detail they would give in the pre-game / post game highlights.

check out romeo crennel's hat lmao, and tebows throwing motion in one of the replays looks really weird as hell too. i think i will wait for the reviews to come in for this one before i decide to shell out 60 bucks for it
    The graphics don't look great in that video. The players look like they are floating and sliding. The movement of the players just looks wrong.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +115

lmao at the ref running into one of the players before the kickoff. They still haven't given Revis an actual realistic face I see, I don't know how they keep missing that when he's top 5 NFL players. ****ers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +115

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The graphics don't look great in that video. The players look like they are floating and sliding. The movement of the players just looks wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip View Post
    lmao at the ref running into one of the players before the kickoff. They still haven't given Revis an actual realistic face I see, I don't know how they keep missing that when he's top 5 NFL players. ****ers.
    Aaaaaannnd this is precisely why I refuse to waste $60 of my hard-earned money.

I'll stick to NBA 2K12 (until 13 comes out), thank you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

+115

reviews are always misleading. Game looks decent and it doesn't look like the same exact game from last year. If Holmes is that hard to tackle in real life like he is in that game then he's going to have a monster year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    reviews are always misleading. Game looks decent and it doesn't look like the same exact game from last year. If Holmes is that hard to tackle in real life like he is in that game then he's going to have a monster year.
    Just played the demo...and yeah, it pretty much is the same exact game from last year.

The only real differences are that they went back to the old joystick kicking system and the physics in the game engine. Which look pretty goofy most of the time (guys tripping over a pile after the play, guys bumping into eachother after the play and falling back 5 feet, etc).

Not to mention that I heard you can't even edit player ratings this year, which totally blows.

EDIT: Apparently you can't edit players at all. Not ratings, jersey numbers or anything. That's just retarded. I have no clue why they would take that out.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 08-16-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I noticed in that video is that Greene is still running into the backs of his OL.